Anyone else mad about The Ultimate Fighter...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anyone else mad about The Ultimate Fighter...
Taylor8766
5/16/10 10:02:03PM
Ok I know that TUF produces some great talent, and I enjoy watching it, however over the last couple seasons it has gone down hill abit, I personally think that they should do more filming of them in the house like in the first couple seasons, that really makes great personalites and for some good TV, as alot more people would watch it if it wasnt solely focused on MMA. Of course its a MMA show and I love watching all the training and tips but I also loved watching Chris Leben punch throw a window/door, and alot of the other crazy and funny **** that happens inside the house.

Now heres my biggest problem with TUF and thats the coaching situation they do an excellent job of choosing coaches and having them fight each other but when a guy like GSP is the coach and even Rashad Evans that means they are sidelined from fighting action so instead of seeing them fight 2-3 times a year will only get to seen them 1-2 which really sucks considering there the best P4P fighters out there being sidelined.
Rush
5/16/10 10:45:58PM

Posted by Taylor8766

Anyone else mad about The Ultimate Fighter...

yes, that is why I stopped watching it three seasons ago.
jae_1833
5/16/10 10:49:07PM
I think this topic has had it's go around already....it's pretty much done.
seanfu
5/17/10 2:47:34AM
postman
5/17/10 7:56:31AM
I wish they showed more training. Wasn't it just last season or the season before we had guys leaving future children in their sushi?
DCRage
5/17/10 8:07:40AM
That was season 8. Which also featured a lunatic. I too would prefer more training footage and less pranks and antics in the house.
FlashyG
5/17/10 9:25:24AM
I've always believed TUF was for casual fans or for non fans of MMA.

The house and all that garbage is a way to bring the reality TV fans into the MMA fanbase and hopefully sell a few more PPV's.

The problem they have is that the original fanbase they created with season 1 has evolved but the show hasn't. The producers seem to be more concerned with bringing in new viewers rather than keeping the ones they already have.

I also think by sticking to the dated format and keeping the fighters in an environment rivaled only by prison, a lot of good young talent would rather work their way up by winning in regional shows then trying to go the TUF route.
emfleek
5/17/10 9:43:33AM
They could show 45 minutes of monkeys f***ing kangaroos followed by 15 minutes of fighting and I'd still watch it. Why? Because there's not sh*t on TV on Wednesday nights and I'm always down to watch a fight...and monkeys f'***ing kangaroos.
Aether
5/17/10 5:21:00PM
I think this is one of the best seasons so far, personally. At least skill-wise. I'm not particularly worried about the reality show aspect of it. If they get a decent crop of fighters I'll be interested. There's probably going to be 1-2 of these guys who end up doing pretty well in the UFC, just like most seasons, and that's what I find most interesting about the show myself.
BustedKnuckle
5/17/10 6:46:09PM
I like TUF better because they cut all the BS out of the show. It gets more fighters to the tryouts and less retards looking to get 15 mins of fame.....*cough* Junie *cough*
BlueSkiesBurn
5/17/10 7:03:44PM
Personally, I like the show. I've sort of tuned out the dramatics and focus on the talent of their fighters. I would, also, like to see more training and less pranks but it's an awesome show. BTW, Wednesday night has a bitchin' line-up. Law and Order SVU, Southpark, In Plain Sight and TUF. What are you smoking, emfleek
scoozna
5/17/10 10:50:08PM

Posted by emfleek

They could show 45 minutes of monkeys f***ing kangaroos followed by 15 minutes of fighting and I'd still watch it. Why? Because there's not sh*t on TV on Wednesday nights and I'm always down to watch a fight...and monkeys f'***ing kangaroos.

This....minus the monkeys and kangaroos.
I like the more fights, less house crap stuff. I've seen enough of the shenanigans, it all seems the same after a while.
vomitshovel
5/18/10 7:48:14AM
Less talk, more fight. I dont care about PPV. I dont even get PPV in my country.
TUF is about the ultimate fighter...not the ultimate talker or jack-offer.
emfleek
5/18/10 8:12:11AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

BTW, Wednesday night has a bitchin' line-up. Law and Order SVU, Southpark, In Plain Sight and TUF. What are you smoking, emfleek

Meh.

SVU never hooked me. It's okay, but nothing special. I don't really get into crime shows other than NCIS.

Southpark jumped the shark years ago, in my opinion.

I've never heard of In Plain Sight.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/18/10 5:15:20PM
In Plain Sight is a crime procedural surrounding WitSec and a no-nonsense, female, U.S. Marshal assigned to the witnesses. Not really as lame as that bio made it sound. It's a USA show. I think USA and TNT make great shows.
emfleek
5/19/10 9:13:54AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

It's a USA show.

Say no more. I can't stand the USA Network.

I want to slam my nuts in the toilet seat every time my girlfriend watches 'Burn Notice'.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/19/10 1:53:52PM
Oh, the pain. I am so excited for the return of Burn Notice!
emfleek
5/19/10 1:55:49PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Oh, the pain. I am so excited for the return of Burn Notice!

Jeffrey Donovan has my vote for the absolute worst actor in all of television.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

BlueSkiesBurn
5/19/10 2:30:20PM
I don't think it gets much worse than David Caruso on CSI: Miami.
emfleek
5/19/10 2:42:14PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I don't think it gets much worse than David Caruso on CSI: Miami.

Ooh...I think you got me.

Okay, he's the 2nd worst actor on TV.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/19/10 2:53:12PM
I can look past the bad acting of Jeffrey Donovan because of three things

1. The action sequences and guest stars are usually pretty awesome

2. The badassness and hotness of Gabrielle Anwar

3. The fact that Bruce Campbell is in the show. To top it all off, he's an alcoholic, womanizing, badass. In summation, he's Bruce Campbell.