was anyone mad about the sherk decision victory?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » was anyone mad about the sherk decision victory?
Next Page »
POLL: Mad?
ya 11% (10)
no 89% (83)
haggiswashere
10/26/08 4:01:10PM
people at the stadium booed and i was confused..did you guys agree with the decision? i thought it was fair but that's me
grappler0000
10/26/08 4:02:02PM
I thought the decision was fair...the booing confused me too.
mentalcase
10/26/08 4:06:44PM

Posted by haggiswashere

people at the stadium booed and i was confused..did you guys agree with the decision? i thought it was fair but that's me

Yes drunk UFC fan who boo all the time have alot of credablity and should be taken seriously when the boo

na really tho i thought it was close but sherk won a close Decsion
Jackelope
10/26/08 4:06:56PM
I thought it was pretty solid. Those fans would have booed Bonnar vs. Griffin
haggiswashere
10/26/08 4:07:40PM
glad im not the only one who thought he won. good fight though.
Jackelope
10/26/08 4:10:41PM
Yeah that was one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Real good boxing with great hand speed and a phenomenal pace.
bullettdodger
10/26/08 4:15:04PM

Posted by Jackelope

Yeah that was one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Real good boxing with great hand speed and a phenomenal pace.

My thoughts as well. I think the "fans" in attendence would have even boo'd the ring girls for inactivity
juanez13
10/26/08 4:29:16PM
Sherk is a beast, and he did great. Definitely deserving of the win. Those fans are some of the worse i've ever seen/heard.
HMA123
10/26/08 4:46:42PM
Great fight, Sean Sherk is my man, but i honestly was worried about him getting knocked the F out at the end of the 3rd round, Tyson was throwing some haymakers and if Sherk got caught i would say it wouuld have been over. But all the respect to him. Great fight

Edit: I tried looking for the fight video online, but all the ones i found are wacked and dont work.. Props to someone who can find me the Sherk VS Griffin vid.
nickcuc547
10/26/08 4:50:09PM
I thought the decision was good, while it was a very competitive fight sherk was a little more active and a little more accurate. But I will admit that griffin landed the bigger shots.
juanez13
10/26/08 5:03:02PM

Posted by HMA123

Great fight, Sean Sherk is my man, but i honestly was worried about him getting knocked the F out at the end of the 3rd round, Tyson was throwing some haymakers and if Sherk got caught i would say it wouuld have been over. But all the respect to him. Great fight

Edit: I tried looking for the fight video online, but all the ones i found are wacked and dont work.. Props to someone who can find me the Sherk VS Griffin vid.

LINK

moob
10/26/08 5:06:52PM
No probs with the decision at all - Sherk won the first two rounds no worries, the only thing Griffin did in R2 was a 45 second flurry.

I thought the Chicago fans were rather weird - so much booing and disrespect.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/26/08 5:09:12PM
I was very enthused about the decision . I had a bad feeling about another undeserved split decision coming up for griffin , so that was a relief .
bojangalz
10/26/08 5:29:57PM
All the expectations going into this fight was that it would be a wrestling stale-mate the went all the way to a boring decision. I was blown away by this fight and very happy to see Sherk show off those hands of his. He's got a bad rep for his stand-up because of what BJ did to him.

He's more of a complete fighter than most people give him cedit for. He proved it last night.
Amigop
10/26/08 5:32:14PM
Sherk definatly won the fight, but i thought it was gonnna be a much closer Decsion

One of the best fights ive seen in awhile
DCRage
10/26/08 5:32:45PM
They probably booed because they didn't want Sherk to win. Then again it was a bad crowd last night...
dannyfrank
10/26/08 5:55:58PM
sherk won hands down. i think that the audience was just a bunch of assholes (well, that's obvious)
bzwez
10/26/08 7:34:42PM
I wasn't mad, it was a great fight and could have went either way
Bowen50
10/26/08 8:02:08PM
i thought the decision was definitly right. Sherk got the better of Tyson on the feet. they both had great exchanges but i think Sherk had control of the octagon most of the fight and got the better of most of the exchanges. outstanding fight none the less.
holt8081
10/26/08 8:08:52PM
Im not suprised, not to many people like sherk any more after his roid incounter, plus they probably saw what I did whitch was that Tyson won that fight.
stock
10/26/08 8:32:45PM
Personally I had it scored 29-28 in favor of Griffin, but every single round I could have seen arguments going either way. I was not upset with the decision; was just surprised that it was unanimous and that one judge scored all 3 rounds for Sherk.

I generally never feel bad for a fighter when it goes to decision since I feel that is what they deserve for not finishing it.
The only fight I can think of where I was truly upset about the decision was the Bisping/Hamill fight.... but even then, Hamill should have finished him if he didn't want the judges to screw him.
Aaronno9
10/26/08 8:41:53PM
I thought sherk took it, probably 30-27 tbh. I hope the ufc never goes back to chicago again, worst fans ever.
Sam_Rothstein
10/26/08 9:40:47PM
I think the decision was fair. Im sure the crowd was booing because all the highlights at the end of rounds were combos by griffin almost like they were trying to make it look like he won every round.

I was pretty surprised to hear rogan say he thought tyson was winning. I really didn't see it. I had Sherk winning every round.
nippletits
10/26/08 10:19:14PM
I said something in a different post, but that fight kicked ass.
I thought for sure that this would have been a big ol boring grappling match. The outcome was fair, but as others have said, I can it could have gone either way.

The fans did seem to boo a lot, but didn't nearly bother me as much as the ref that kept saying "come on guys, you have to work, come on guys do something" when the fighters were in the middle of jockeying for positions while on the ground. SHUT UP AND LET IT GO, OR STAND THEM UP. stop just talking. jesus that annoyed the hell out of me.
Sam_Rothstein
10/26/08 10:30:10PM

Posted by nippletits

I said something in a different post, but that fight kicked ass.
I thought for sure that this would have been a big ol boring grappling match. The outcome was fair, but as others have said, I can it could have gone either way.

The fans did seem to boo a lot, but didn't nearly bother me as much as the ref that kept saying "come on guys, you have to work, come on guys do something" when the fighters were in the middle of jockeying for positions while on the ground. SHUT UP AND LET IT GO, OR STAND THEM UP. stop just talking. jesus that annoyed the hell out of me.

yeah but that was the maynard-clementi mostly. Sherk and Griffin were barely on the mat the whole fight. great stand up war
nippletits
10/27/08 12:15:08AM
I know it wasnt in the sherk griffen fight. I was just saying it was real annoying
MMA_Alex
10/27/08 10:21:48AM
Woops, I thought the poll was asking if we thought the decision was good...Count one "ya" as "no." :P
4u2nv
10/27/08 12:40:37PM
That was awesome display of boxing, wrestling and some leg kicks i've seen from Sherk in a long time. I thought maybe Tyson was going to take him down or attempt to and try to sub him since he's better on the ground. But i guess not. It was a great fight at a amazing pace! Now i wanna see a rematch btw Sherk and BJ.
ziegler3334
10/27/08 6:02:02PM
I completely agreed with the decision, ruled it 29-28 sherk myself. I was rooting for tyson, but i can't ask for more. That was an amazing fight! I had high hopes for it, more than any other on the card. It lived up to everything i wanted and more. I think in the long run, it will help both fighters. Sherk beat an up and comer to show he's still a top threat. Griffin went toe to toe with a top threat and really held his own. Can't wait to see their next fights.
MMA
10/27/08 7:17:40PM
The fans were generally terrible for that last event.
Pages: [1] 2