Mad MMA Trivia 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Mad MMA Trivia 2
madmarck
4/20/07 2:36:17PM
Its back and no longer CRAP! Got sick of waiting on Manfred. This time the questions are gonna be Bad and Rad. Try these beggas.

1)When asked "where do you see yourself in 2 years?" What fighter answered, "well im 23 now so in two years i'll be 25".

Name the country of birth for the following fighters
2)Carlos Newton
3)Michael Bisping
4)Denis Kang
5)Pat Miletich
6)Jose Landi-Jons
7)David Loiseau
8)Mark Weir

Now the following fighters have had a MMA match and a submission grappling match. Name who won each fight
9)Dean Lister/Nathan Marquardt
10)Jeff Monson/ Marcio Cruz
11)Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira/Ricco Rodriguez

12)Jermey Horn was the King of the Cage Champion in which weight class, Middleweight (185) or Light Heavyweight (205).

13)Name two fighters who have kissed a Militech Fighting systems fighter pre/during/post fight.

14)Which MMA fighter has the best ADCC record?
Vitor Belfort
Marcio Cruz
Gabriel Gonzaga
Renzo Gracie
Roger Gracie
Matt Hughes
Mark Kerr
Dean Lister
Jeff Monson
Ricardo Arona
Ricco Rodriguez
Mario Sperry

15)Quinton Jackson fought Cyril Abidi twice in K-1. Which fight did Cyril win the first of second?

16)Bobby Ologun has 3 pro MMA fights. What is his other job?

17) At Extreme Fighting-1 why was there a 205+ and 185 champ but no 155 champ?

18) Who had a black belt in BJJ in 1996 John Lewis or Ralph Gracie?

19) At what event did TKO Major League MMA begin using a Cage instead of its Ring?

20) Which of the following have never fought in a Cage? (except the UFC):
Sam Stout
Chris Horodecki
Quinton Jackson
Jonathan Goulet
Samuel Guillet
Fabio Holanda

21)Sam Stout Defeated Fabio Holanda at TKO 28 by corner stoppage. What was the reason Holanda's corner stopped the fight?

IF anyone gets all right, you will get a prize!

By the Way
PM me your answers or Hippysmacker will be pissed!
PS- I hate hippys but love those who smack em.
If anyone still wants to do the quiz feel free to send me your answers. Just dont cheat and read the ones below.
madmarck
4/20/07 5:17:59PM
Results
13.5/21 for RichBoy
12/21 for pv3Hpv3p
pv3Hpv3p and Richboy i had a mistake on the original answer key i have since corrected it.
17/21 for Rush
12.5/21 for richieb19
13.5/21 for Kryptonite
6.5/21 for Svartorm
11.5/21 for Manfred
8.5/21 for Northrend
Rush
4/22/07 6:49:39PM
Out of curiosity, what was the prize?
Manfred
4/23/07 12:44:53AM
Nice one. Very hard with all the small org. questions.

I've been meaning to do one but we just had our second baby last week. Been a little busy. I promise I'll do one soon.

And Rush, maybe he can give props to the winner?
madmarck
4/23/07 8:59:00AM

Okay so no one got 21/21. But Rush did get 17, and thats pretty good. So i declare him the winner. Here are the answers if anyone did not get them in a PM

1)When asked "where do you see yourself in 2 years?" What fighter answered, "well im 23 now so in two years i'll be 25".
-Quinton Jackson

Name the country of birth for the following fighters
2)Carlos Newton- British Virgin Islands, also took UK/Britain
3)Michael Bisping- Cyprus
4)Denis Kang- St Pierre and Miquelon, inside Canadian waters but still apart of France
5)Pat Miletich- US
6)Jose Landi-Jons- Brazil
7)David Loiseau- Haiti
8)Mark Weir- UK

Now the following fighters have had a MMA match and a submission grappling match. Name who won each fight
9)Dean Lister/Nathan Marquardt- Dean won Grappling- Nate won MMA
10)Jeff Monson/ Marcio Cruz- Marcio won grapplin- Monson won MMA
11)Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira/Ricco Rodriguez- Ricco won grappling, Nog won MMA

12)Jermey Horn was the King of the Cage Champion in which weight class, Middleweight (185) or Light Heavyweight (205).
- He held both. Horn beat Dean Lister by Unaimous (4 round) Decision to win 185, and he beat Vernon White by Unanimous (5 round) Decision for 205.

13)Name two fighters who have kissed a Militech Fighting systems fighter pre/during/post fight.
BJ Penn kissed Matt Hughes post fight
Frank Trigg kissed Hughes and Lawler pre fight at staredowns

14)Which MMA fighter has the best ADCC record?
Ricardo Arona

15)Quinton Jackson fought Cyril Abidi twice in K-1. Which fight did Cyril win the first of second? - Jackson won both

16)Bobby Ologun has 3 pro MMA fights. What is his other job?
Actor ,TV host/Personality

17) At Extreme Fighting-1 why was there a 205+ and 185 champ but no 155 champ? Because it was a 4 man tournament the winner of Ralph Gracie/Makoto Muraoko was supposed to take on the winner of John Lewis/Carlson Gracie jr. but the latter two opponents fought to a draw.
Ralph Gracie won the belt by defeating Steve Nelson at Extreme fighting 2

18) Who had a black belt in BJJ in 1996 John Lewis or Ralph Gracie?
Both of them

19) At what event did TKO Major League MMA begin using a Cage instead of its Ring?
TKO 27

20) Which of the following have never fought in a Cage? (except the UFC):

Chris Horodecki

21)Sam Stout Defeated Fabio Holanda at TKO 28 by corner stoppage. What was the reason Holanda's corner stopped the fight?
Holanda could not continue due to exhaustion

By the way not one person was able to get #17 right. Northrend got it half right by saying there was a draw but no one else got close.
warglory
4/23/07 10:17:30AM
Quite a few trick questions in this mother.
Manfred
4/23/07 1:09:23PM
I did ok considering all the trick questions
Place of birth got me on a couple too instead of citizenship. I knew about Bisping too.
Sopena66669
4/24/07 12:49:54AM
wow... you know a whole slew of useless information... actually i didnt know most of that thanks for the free lesson bro good post!