Machida Vs Thiago Silva at UFC 89!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Machida Vs Thiago Silva at UFC 89!
Next Page »
ToeZup
8/6/08 8:58:18AM
It's official, Lyoto Machida will face Thiago Silva at UFC 89.
What a fight this is going to be. The winner of this fight i'm sure will get a title shot.

Machida Vs Silva at UFC 89

Thiago Silva

Height: 6' 1" (185 cm)
Weight: 205 (93 kg)
Record: 13-0-0

Lyoto Machida

Height: 6' 1" (185 cm)
Weight: 205 (93 kg)
Record: 13-0-0

TWITA
8/6/08 9:15:04AM
Hell Yes! And free too
wolfman
8/6/08 9:47:43AM
Machida via Ownage.
ziegler3334
8/6/08 11:59:17AM
it'll be an interesting fight. thiago has been running thorugh people, but i think machida is too fundamentally sound. he'll win via, you guessed it, decision.
SpiderSilva
8/6/08 1:52:09PM
after seeing Silva get rocked by that head kick in his last fight Its hard not to pick Manchita but Im going with Silva with a good ol GnP beating
gsquat
8/6/08 1:54:57PM
Machida via embarassment.
jocka
8/6/08 1:55:10PM
Machida by Knee to the face in the 2rd
ChokeUout
8/6/08 4:08:01PM
This is pretty old news, actually...

The fight itself is very hard to predict...Both have very different styles. I think Silva has the kind of style needed to beat Machida, but in this fight, I don't see Machida losing. Machida by Decision, again.
jiujitsufreak74
8/6/08 4:25:14PM

Posted by ChokeUout

The fight itself is very hard to predict...Both have very different styles. I think Silva has the kind of style needed to beat Machida, but in this fight, I don't see Machida losing. Machida by Decision, again.

i'm going to say Machida finishes him. Machida is the perfect counter fighter in that the harder you push him, the harder he will come back at you. just look at his fight with Soko, the more aggressive your style the more he will push back. i think that Thiago's style will cause Machida to land a lot of damaging shots and get the sub in the second.
HENDO915
8/6/08 5:23:05PM
I think an upset is going to occur (or if you can call it that) and thiago is going to win
jiujitsufreak74
8/6/08 5:35:12PM

Posted by HENDO915

I think an upset is going to occur (or if you can call it that) and thiago is going to win

i would call it an upset. i don't get why people think Thiago is this amazing fighter who deserves to be in the top 10 when imo he has absolutely no right to be ranked in the top 10. he has defeated NOBODY who is in the top 10 and the biggest win of his career is over Houston Alexander. Machida has defeated Franklin, Soko, and Tito...all of whom are top fighters. so, if Thiago wins it would in fact be an upset, and a pretty big one at that. Machida is for real and he needs a title shot in the near future.
gsquat
8/6/08 5:47:50PM
Don't forget BJ. I don't care what weight class it's in. Beating BJ is a feat few will attain.
jiujitsufreak74
8/6/08 5:51:57PM

Posted by gsquat

Don't forget BJ. I don't care what weight class it's in. Beating BJ is a feat few will attain.

i was going to include him...but i thought people would go, "yeah but he is a LW so it doesn't apply to 205," or something like that. but yes, i agree. beating BJ is a feat no matter what your weight.
Gipper
8/6/08 6:05:19PM
you all under estimate thiago silva.
gsquat
8/6/08 6:12:49PM
I believe I estimate him quite well. I suppose we'll determine my estimating ability after the fight.
jiujitsufreak74
8/6/08 6:13:22PM

Posted by Gipper

you all under estimate thiago silva.

what has he done that should make me believe that he is legitimate? KO cans?
copcopps
8/6/08 7:14:18PM
I'm taking Machida, Silva's style is tailor made for him.

Reckless overrated striker vs. Phoenominal counter striker= win for the Counter striker

And IMO I think this is gonna be an exciting fight actually. Especially since Machida could finish Silva
BlueSkiesBurn
8/6/08 7:32:00PM
We all know I'm a Machida nutthugger. I'm taking The Dragon in the second via "franklin kick to the face"
Pookie
8/6/08 7:33:38PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

We all know I'm a Machida nutthugger. I'm taking The Dragon in the second via "franklin kick to the face"

i was thinking more along the lines of a "Left hook to a falling franklin after the front kick" somewhere late in the second or early in the third.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/6/08 7:39:17PM
Good call, I'll take that, too.
jawbreaker517
8/6/08 10:05:28PM
I predict Machida will destroy Silva on the feet and feel Machida will use his takedown defense to keep it standing.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/6/08 11:26:49PM
I think that Machida will definitely exhaust an overly aggressive Thiago. This is a great matchup for both fighters. Thiago has explosive power and could K.O. Machida but I don't see it happening. Machida does very well with aggressive strikers as he is obviously a counter fighter.
iceliddell240
8/7/08 12:13:49PM
thiago silva by ko round 2, machida just hasnt impressed me, with the acception of his win over franklin, he hasnt done anything special, he couldnt finish bj who fought him at a catchweight of 200 when bj is a natural lightweight and he ran away from tito for three rounds(lets b honest hear), all his other wins were ovr lesser opponents....soko was a good win but he still dint impress me n i think in a rematch soko would smash him, if he beats thiago then i will give him the respect he deserves
warglory
8/7/08 12:27:53PM

Posted by iceliddell240

thiago silva by ko round 2, machida just hasnt impressed me, with the acception of his win over franklin, he hasnt done anything special, he couldnt finish bj who fought him at a catchweight of 200 when bj is a natural lightweight and he ran away from tito for three rounds(lets b honest hear), all his other wins were ovr lesser opponents....soko was a good win but he still dint impress me n i think in a rematch soko would smash him, if he beats thiago then i will give him the respect he deserves

Machida has beaten far more impressive opponents than Thiago has, even the lesser known guys. And Machida has NEVER run away in his fights, when will his critics finally realize this? He destroyed Tito via humiliation, Chuck couldn't even do that.
iceliddell240
8/7/08 12:44:41PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by iceliddell240

Machida has beaten far more impressive opponents than Thiago has, even the lesser known guys. And Machida has NEVER run away in his fights, when will his critics finally realize this? He destroyed Tito via humiliation, Chuck couldn't even do that.

????? Chuck bitched tito by KO twice, idk but the first one was pretty humiliatin, where were u homie
wolfman
8/7/08 1:33:35PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by ChokeUout

i'm going to say Machida finishes him. Machida is the perfect counter fighter in that the harder you push him, the harder he will come back at you. just look at his fight with Soko, the more aggressive your style the more he will push back. i think that Thiago's style will cause Machida to land a lot of damaging shots and get the sub in the second.

Well said. This pretty much outlines how I think the fight will go as well. Silva will keep coming forward and eventually he's going to get dropped with a combination and then get finished on the ground. Machida will finish Silva in the 2nd round.
warglory
8/7/08 8:17:52PM

Posted by iceliddell240

Posted by warglory

Posted by iceliddell240

????? Chuck bitched tito by KO twice, idk but the first one was pretty humiliatin, where were u homie

Chuck handled Tito well in their first bout, but Tito put up a fight in the second. However, neither time did Chuck school Tito as much as Machida did. Tito looked like a noob.
iceliddell240
8/7/08 8:59:25PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by iceliddell240

Posted by warglory

Posted by iceliddell240

Chuck handled Tito well in their first bout, but Tito put up a fight in the second. However, neither time did Chuck school Tito as much as Machida did. Tito looked like a noob.

alright but i still think ur boi soko would smash him in a rematch
sillysnail
8/8/08 3:09:14PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by iceliddell240

Posted by warglory

Posted by iceliddell240

his might be the silliest thing i have ever read in my life.

chuck= 2 crushing ko/tko wins vs. tito

machida= 1 drawn out (and admittedly convincing) decision win.

chuck BRUTALIZED tito twice in highlight reel fashion. to say that machida schooled tito worse than chuck is just....insane? did you even watch the chuck/tito fights? talk about a guy that single handedly ended tito's career as a legitimate mma fighter. i really cant get over how absurd this statement is.

if youre going to bring up any fight of machida's...the tito fight is not the one to bring up. tito is mma's garbage and by no means is his victory a benchmark in machidas career.

dont get me wrong, i really like machida but come on...the guy has 0 KO wins in the ufc. hes a very technical fighter and could definitely be champ but to count out thiago silva is just retarded, almost as dumb as saying machida beat tito worse than chuck.
Linye
8/9/08 3:02:58PM

Posted by gsquat

Machida via embarassment.

+1

a la Tito.
Pages: [1] 2