Machida servrves Tito a spoonful of his own medicine

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Machida servrves Tito a spoonful of his own medicine
Kracker_Jap
5/25/08 5:56:31PM
First off, I am and will always be a huge Tito fan....

But what I witnessed last night was a passing of the gaurd, Tito has been the king of frustrating his opponents by laying them down GnP style...

But as the sport changes and the fighters evolve we see a new king of frustration emerge in Machida, Not by the classic GnP but a skill of hit but not be hit. Imagine if the UFC had hit numbers in each round like boxing Machida out landed Tito like 10 to 1

I gues it was not the same medicine but the frustration was the same

War Tito I hope he signs with elite and GnP pounds Kimbo to a bloody pulp

and for Machida? He deserves a title shot1
juanez13
5/25/08 6:08:45PM
yea i dont think tito landed a single shot (to the head) in the first 2 rounds, maybe a couple in the third one......unlike most people, i found this fight to be very exciting, and i love watching machida. But also props to tito for almost pulling out the triangle at the end, last thing i would expect from tito.
GSPCanada
5/25/08 6:11:00PM
I personally find Machida's style of tagging and being elusive more entertaining than a lay n pray wrestler. So many guys just shot for thr takedown lay there n give some hammer fists and wait for the horn I think machida's style is the standup equivelant but i find it more entertaining
Poohbah
5/25/08 6:15:58PM
I agree, I thought this was a very exciting fight. The ending was incredible, Machida almost pounds Tito out, then the dramatic last second triangle choke. My whole house was screaming.
fonduktoe
5/25/08 7:40:23PM
i hope machida never gets a title shot as i don't feel like watching him backpedal for 25 minutes to win a decision cause he throws a few safe kicks before running away again these are cage fights not a game of tag
Kracker_Jap
5/25/08 11:23:06PM

Posted by fonduktoe

i hope machida never gets a title shot as i don't feel like watching him backpedal for 25 minutes to win a decision cause he throws a few safe kicks before running away again these are cage fights not a game of tag

I feel like the face on your avatar.........

different opinions I hope mine is more popular
GrandMaster313
5/26/08 2:32:36AM
What impressed me was Machida's ability to slam Tito down to the ground like a S.W.A.T. member. I would have expected that from Tito . Well good-bye Tito !
Mastodon2
5/26/08 3:32:27AM
I doubt we'll see anymore fighters like Machida for a while yet, since to fight in such a manner requires skill and quite a bit of training. True Machida is a very elusive fighter and likes to stay out of range and avoid broadside exchanges, but I'd rather watch that than another yankee wrestler. It's been the ultimate wrestling championship for far too long now.
teddythetuna
5/26/08 12:14:57PM
Machida owned. Plain and simple. I look at it this way. Be elusive and counter to win the fight or run in swinging because that is what most fans want to see(excluding myself, i love a great chess match on the ground or the feet) and possibly get KTFO and lose. then Dana cuts you from the ufc. i know if i was in there i would be doing whatever i could to win and not care what anyone thought. and the knee to the liver was sweet!
Pookie
5/26/08 1:15:30PM
my favorite fight of the night.
fonduktoe
5/26/08 9:50:15PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I doubt we'll see anymore fighters like Machida for a while yet, since to fight in such a manner requires skill and quite a bit of training. True Machida is a very elusive fighter and likes to stay out of range and avoid broadside exchanges, but I'd rather watch that than another yankee wrestler. It's been the ultimate wrestling championship for far too long now.

i hate meat nap, kidney punching wrestling as well but machida's style is still just as boring and thankfully rare
hopefully machida checks his e-mail and reads the interoffice memo that fights are supposed to have fights in them