Machida: UFC pressured Silva into Weidman rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Machida: UFC pressured Silva into Weidman rematch
FastKnockout
8/2/13 2:10:50PM
Lyoto Machida believes the UFC pressured his training partner and friend Anderson Silva into rematching Chris Weidman at UFC 168.

Link
prozacnation1978
8/2/13 2:19:51PM
I bet they did
airkerma
8/2/13 2:34:13PM
Well yeah, Dana basically implied that when he said he was going out to visit him and get it done.
prophecy033
8/2/13 2:48:16PM
Normally not something you need to be pressured into doing
Goatenstein
8/2/13 2:53:50PM
Getting the excuses out early.
FastKnockout
8/2/13 3:16:39PM

Posted by Goatenstein

Silva said from the beginning he wasn't interested in a rematch. I wouldn't call it excuses.
SpiderSilva
8/2/13 3:34:38PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Goatenstein

Silva said from the beginning he wasn't interested in a rematch. I wouldn't call it excuses.

Who the Fuck has made excuses? That's what I wanna know? Dude is the greatest in UFC history. Has been in a shit ton of title fights. Maybe he's done. Ever think of that? What else is there for him to set goals for? Nothing.
jjeans
8/2/13 3:51:52PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Goatenstein

Who the Fuck has made excuses? That's what I wanna know? Dude is the greatest in UFC history. Has been in a shit ton of title fights. Maybe he's done. Ever think of that? What else is there for him to set goals for? Nothing.

This.

Even if he shows up and wins I still see him vacating the belt and doing his 10 fights, just not main eventing, just doing what he wants to do, no commitments, no promoting the fight, no time constraints, just fights when he wants to, no pressure of the UFC belt.
Webbie
8/2/13 5:16:16PM
Anderson's a grown man, and he knows what he's doing. If he really didn't want the rematch it wouldn't happen.
Goatenstein
8/3/13 2:14:03AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Goatenstein

Your loyalty is sweet. Machida is making excuses ahead of the Weidman rematch victory. That's who.
xdanish020
8/3/13 5:24:00AM
..........and it's already not looking good for Andy....lol!!!!
jjeans
8/3/13 7:31:27AM

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Goatenstein

Your loyalty is sweet. Machida is making excuses ahead of the Weidman rematch victory. That's who.

I am not loyal to either. I thought it was a 50/50 fight. Weidman won in a way nobody thought he would. People who say "I called it" aren't right as for the most part they thought he'd win by being on top. Silva only got taken down once. The TDs stopped working. Weidman fans thought it was game over. But Weidman kept a cool head and Silva didnt expect that.

A professional fighters job is to promote the fight so people tune in or sit down to watch, not do drugs, show up 24 hours before a fight and weigh the weight they are told to weigh and get checked over medically, show up the next day, get prepared for the fight, then fight, get medically tested after and take a piss, It's preferred they stick around after the fight.

Nothing says they have to go through a training camp, although bad things happen if you don't (GSP/Serra) but that's all that's expected of you.

Now Silva has main evented 16 times, co-mained once and fought 2-4 times a year. Everytime he has done his job. Never pissed hot, never missed weight, never missed a promo. And his promotion hours behind the scenes will be gigantic, this isn't your Stipe Miocics or Mike Pierces, this is a guy who has 1000 of questions to answer and press to deal with.
Promoting a fight for him is a blessing and a curse, people will watch him because he's the champion but if he doesn't talk to journalists people won't be talking about him. As there's better stories.

You get guys like Nick Diaz who no show press conferences, and champions who show up but aren't interesting because they don't well the fight and are just respectful.
Silva sells the fight, Belfort weigh ins, the promo with Leben, telling people I'm gonna do something you haven't seen before.

All of this. Twice if not more a year, for longer than any other champion.

If your boss called you and said can you come in twice a week 2 hours early and he appreciated it and paid you for it but after 7 years you probably start to think I'm getting fed up of this especially when money is no longer a factor
Nobody else does it...
It stops you doing what you enjoy, spending time with your family etc.

The UFC belt brings pressures that are fun but after 7 years they might get tedious.

I don't doubt that Silva does want 10 more fights. I just think he wants a year off to take a long break, maybe come back in 9 months or so and fight someone like Hendo, Shogun, Wandy, Diaz, Bisping or someone who's a recognisable name and has called for the fight. And just have some fun.
submissionartist1
8/3/13 8:18:55AM
I wonder sometimes if people actually see whats going on in the fights or if its a combination of the outcome they are hoping for mixed with only waiting for a finish
Chael_Sonnen
8/3/13 11:07:08AM
This is great...and predictable.....Machida is lobbying for Ed Soares' job in "speaking for Anderson."

I guess if I was Brazillian and was a refugee and escaped to Cali, and drank piss instead of my morning coffee, I would too.

I'm calling it now fellow CHAELgrounders, Machida is already conceding a loss to the more dominant, talented - - Phil Davis
Bustamante-Aoki
8/3/13 12:15:08PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

This is great...and predictable.....Machida is lobbying for Ed Soares' job in "speaking for Anderson."

I guess if I was Brazillian and was a refugee and escaped to Cali, and drank piss instead of my morning coffee, I would too.

I'm calling it now fellow CHAELgrounders, Machida is already conceding a loss to the more dominant, talented - - Phil Davis

Machida will dominate Davis.
Bubbles
8/3/13 7:28:41PM
great, now we have the new Tito Ortiz