Machida, a great year ending

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Machida, a great year ending
the_01
10/30/08 7:44:46PM
You know what UFC 92, the best fight card of 2008, is missing???
MACHIDA
Id pay double if the guy is in this already awsom card.
Twenty20Dollars
10/30/08 7:47:32PM
i would'nt pay double if he was on the card.
Wolfenstein
10/30/08 8:10:28PM
I'd probably pay another ten bucks to make it happen
nickcuc547
10/30/08 8:30:27PM
If he is on the card it would make it worse. the guy is an eye sore.
bls1919
10/30/08 9:00:39PM
WOW Machida is far from an eyesore. The guy has a lot of decision victories....but Cmon. He Whooped Soko, and Tito didn't stand a chance and couldn't take hime down. I say WAR MACHIDA I would lopve to see him against Thiago Silva or W. Silva(if he wasn't busy with Page). Also I think a fight between Machida and Luiz Cane would be great. Might take a while to get into gear but i think Bahna would test Machida's chin. Would be a huge step up for Cane
theguido
10/30/08 10:01:45PM
I'd pay double to watch him fight but he doesn't fight. Not that I don't respect his style it's just that the guy is always backing up. Yeah he wins but I wouldn't pay double to watch him.
higdon10
10/30/08 10:07:01PM

Posted by the_01
Id pay double if the guy is in this already awsom card.

Someone was dropped their head as a child.
Pookie
10/30/08 10:38:20PM
with the thread starter
Gipper
10/30/08 11:18:40PM
WAR THIAGO SILVA
higdon10
10/30/08 11:24:37PM

Posted by Gipper

WAR THIAGO SILVA

Yes sir.
MMAcca
10/31/08 2:30:14AM

Posted by nickcuc547

Bit harsh
Sam_Rothstein
10/31/08 6:03:31AM
I dunno his fights are okay. Im far from the type of guy who needs and expects a 15 stand up fight or a kimbo vs shamrock type deal to keep myself entertained.

I really just don't like to watch him fight that much. He is great and will be the 205 champ eventually but his fights are the only ones where I know I have time to use the bathroom and won't miss anything amazing that the highlights wont show me
the_01
10/31/08 6:28:38AM
Thanks for the replys guys, but I enjoy his style, maybe because thats how I fight. Anyway, thanks again, you guys are great.
prozacnation1978
10/31/08 9:14:18AM
4 fights in 2007 for machida
1 fight only in 2008

crazy

they should have added fight to dec card. i pray evans gets hurt so i get machida on card
gsquat
10/31/08 10:14:58AM
I agree Machida should be fighting more. And for the title soon. Booooo to jerks who diss Machida. He is easily one of the greatest MMA fighters ever. That is to say that he plays the rules to the best of his advantage and does it better than anyone else. He may not be the best striker or JJ guy, but he'll beat anyone in an MMA match. Gotta give it up for The Dragon. I'd love to see him make Thiago look like the farce he is... and soon.
StorminYourman
10/31/08 12:15:14PM

except I do not think he can beat some HWs
Fedor would destroy him
His style would also not work against monsters like Lesnar and Carwin.
But hey I could be wrong
nickcuc547
10/31/08 1:13:30PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by nickcuc547

Bit harsh

maybe, I know he is super talented but i just don't enjoy watching him fight, just my opinion.
UFCmma666
10/31/08 4:25:18PM

Posted by bls1919

WOW Machida is far from an eyesore. The guy has a lot of decision victories....but Cmon. He Whooped Soko, and Tito didn't stand a chance and couldn't take hime down. I say WAR MACHIDA I would lopve to see him against Thiago Silva or W. Silva(if he wasn't busy with Page). Also I think a fight between Machida and Luiz Cane would be great. Might take a while to get into gear but i think Bahna would test Machida's chin. Would be a huge step up for Cane

i really dislike machida he did nothing at any point in time to finish tito and is boring as all hell i would consider having the ufc pay me to watch lyoto and to say he destroyed tito is just so not true
gsquat
10/31/08 4:34:07PM
Machida did destroy Tito. He dismantled him over three rounds. Tito did come close to sinking a triangle, but the fact that he got out of it is just another testament to Lyoto's submission defense. Machida is not boring and is closer to perfecting the art of MMA than any other fighter out there.
bls1919
10/31/08 4:39:41PM
I never said he destroyed Tito. He pick him apart and kept it standing. IMO he will be LHW champ soon. Early 09'
warglory
11/1/08 11:38:40AM
Not only did Lyoto destroy Tito, he has destroyed every other opponent he has faced.
fonduktoe
11/2/08 12:56:17AM
they should put a machida fight at the end of every ppv as a sort of mma lullaby cause i guarantee it will help people get to sleep
MMA4EVER
11/5/08 11:23:38PM
i say machida should be fighting forrest for the belt instead of evans i mean yeah rashad ko d liddell but machida would have beat forrest if forrest didnt come down with staph and i say machida would beat him now
fonduktoe
11/6/08 2:48:52AM

Posted by MMA4EVER

i say machida should be fighting forrest for the belt instead of evans i mean yeah rashad ko d liddell but machida would have beat forrest if forrest didnt come down with staph and i say machida would beat him now

i would have rather seen evans fight machida for the #1 contender's spot
oh wait... they'd both just backpedal, proceed to climb out of the octagon, run out of the stadium, and than try to counterpunch each other from across the street while everyone in attendance got up to use the bathroom.
Pookie
11/6/08 4:34:54AM

Posted by fonduktoe

Posted by MMA4EVER

i would have rather seen evans fight machida for the #1 contender's spot
oh wait... they'd both just backpedal, proceed to climb out of the octagon, run out of the stadium, and than try to counterpunch each other from across the street while everyone in attendance got up to use the bathroom.

But somehow rashad would still get dropped every round...