Khaos
8/19/08 4:25:19PM
Should be a good fight.

Tough for me to call, but MacDonald by 3rd TKO

plus we still get to use the "Jason Wins" puns

link
ohiostate1016
8/19/08 4:36:07PM
Two guys who probably don't deserve to be in the UFC anymore. Makes sense to me...
ToeZup
8/19/08 4:36:21PM
No doubt this should be a good fight. I can see Lambert going for the takedown because he is the shorter stronger fighter with a reach disadvantage. This will put MacDonald at an advantage on the ground. I see MacDonald taking this fight by sub after a good display of standup.
mrkennedy
8/19/08 4:36:51PM
WTF Macdonald just have a fight vs Maia
mrkennedy
8/19/08 4:39:49PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Two guys who probably don't deserve to be in the UFC anymore. Makes sense to me...

disagree Macdonald deserve to be in the ufc he faught all the best in 185lbs
Khaos
8/19/08 4:40:30PM

Posted by mrkennedy

WTF Macdonald just have a fight vs Maia

It's not uncommon for fighters to fight on similtanious cards

Lambert(UFC 58 & 59) and Rich Clementi(UFC 83 & 84) for example.
ohiostate1016
8/19/08 4:42:01PM
MacDonald is a gatekeeper. Why do you think they put him up against Demian Maia? They didn't want Maia to lose, but they wanted him to have to earn a victory. That's about what MacDonald provides in the UFC these days. And putting him up against Lamber doesn't really do much for me. Sure, it might turn out to be a decent fight (you never know which will be the best), but it doesn't make me want to watch.
wiggum
8/19/08 4:46:10PM
i got lambert winning this one....hell bull rush, take down and pound out...similar to the franklin fight with mcdonald...he wont ko, just tko him...should be a good scrap, both guys can bring it and hang
mrkennedy
8/19/08 4:46:28PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

MacDonald is a gatekeeper. Why do you think they put him up against Demian Maia? They didn't want Maia to lose, but they wanted him to have to earn a victory. That's about what MacDonald provides in the UFC these days. And putting him up against Lamber doesn't really do much for me. Sure, it might turn out to be a decent fight (you never know which will be the best), but it doesn't make me want to watch.

agree but he still have his place in the UFC
nickcuc547
8/19/08 4:47:43PM
I think this fight should be pretty good, lambert should be able to take him down, but macdonald is a beast on the ground. but if lambert can stay out of a sub from babalu i think he can fend off macdonald, lambert by ud or tko.
postman
8/19/08 7:46:58PM
Lambert hasn't done much lately and MacDonald looked great agianst Maia I see McDonald winning both on the feet and on the ground. Lambert got alot of hype beating Babalu but other then that he hasn't show much.
copcopps
8/19/08 11:49:31PM
Lambert by ear-wholin' and just being batter
bls1919
8/19/08 11:54:49PM
Sorry Ohiostate but Macdonald is top competition. He has lost 3 of his last 5 but they have been against the best of the best in the UFC at 185(excluding A. Silva). Macdonald will beat Lambert in exciting fashiopn. sub early 2nd. Ohh yeah......WE ARE....PENN STATE!!!!!! And dont you forget it.
fonduktoe
8/20/08 2:24:16AM
if mcdonald can survive the predictable full court press of lambert early in the first than he will probably win
it's still a big if since lambert will be pretty tough at 185 if the cut goes smoothly
ohiostate1016
8/20/08 1:39:11PM

Posted by bls1919

Sorry Ohiostate but Macdonald is top competition. He has lost 3 of his last 5 but they have been against the best of the best in the UFC at 185(excluding A. Silva). Macdonald will beat Lambert in exciting fashiopn. sub early 2nd. Ohh yeah......WE ARE....PENN STATE!!!!!! And dont you forget it.

If he is "top competition," then wouldn't he BEAT some top competition? I think I'll start calling him Jason "I beat Rory Singer" MacDonald. I mean, come on, this is a guy who has a loss to Kalib Starnes! Sure, he's OK on the ground, but he's nowhere near the top of the heap. He MAY be a top 10 MW in the UFC, but half of the overall top 10 in the MW division is OUTSIDE of the UFC (Lindland, Filho, Lawler, Akiyama). How many UFC MWs can he beat? I'll tell you the ones he can't:

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Rich Franklin (already lost to him)
Yushin Okami (already lost to him)
Nate Marquardt
Michael Bisping
Demian Maia (already lost to him)
Martin Kampmann
Thales Leites
Patrick Cote (already lost to him)
*Chris Leben (he beat Leben in their first fight, but Chris wins the rematch)

That's 10 guys that I count (11 if you include Leben). So who cares if MacDonald beats Lambert?

And by the way, good luck at PSU with JoePa. Does he even know that he's still the coach? Tell him and his plastic pants to just go away!
Franklinfan47
8/20/08 1:59:38PM
I think J-Mac beats Leben any day of the week Ohio, I don`t know why you think their rematch would be any different.

Anyways, I had Lambert over Day, but I think Macdonald could pose some serious problems for the punisher, especially if Lambert gives up some of his strength during the weight cut. I`m gonna say Macdonald overwhelms him and locks in a submission in the second.