Macdonald states bout with Maia, "Will be an mma fight, not a jj fight"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Macdonald states bout with Maia, "Will be an mma fight, not a jj fight"
Franklinfan47
6/19/08 11:47:30AM
link

“He’s a very high-level jiu-jitsu fighter, a five-time champion in fact. I’ve got a lot of respect for what he’s done in the jiu-jitsu world. But I think we’ve seen time and time again that good mixed martial artists have been able to defeat high-level jiu-jitsu guys. Take even the other night in London, where Kevin Burns, in his first UFC fight, was able to get a triangle choke on Roan Carneiro, who is a high-level black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Maia is not like B.J. Penn who is great in jiu-jitsu but also dominant in all other facets. He is still fairly new to the MMA side of things so I’m hoping to go out there and put on a strong mixed martial arts fight and do much like what Nate Marquardt did to Dean Lister.”

Twenty20Dollars
6/19/08 11:51:27AM
yeah an mma fight that jason will LOSE! Go Maia
bojangalz
6/19/08 12:03:08PM
you want Mixed Martial Arts Mr. MacDonald?
hows this:

Maia will put you in a textbook style jitz triangle, then show off his boxing skills by repeatedly smashing you in the face. Tap, go to sleep, or get KO'ed it doesn't matter to us.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
coldchillin
6/19/08 3:31:32PM
if that's what he needs to tell himself to give himself a shot in this fight, I'm all for it but Maia is going to submit him.
whardin19
6/19/08 5:32:33PM
Of course Jason is going to say this. Every fight your in you better think your gonna win. It's a necesity. But on the other hand, Jason is not going to win this fight. He's got a better chance than people think, but he will lose.
MMAcca
6/19/08 7:14:55PM
Maia by utter destruction. Sub in 1st minute of 1st round