Mac Danzig's Ultimate Fighter Blog (Episode 8)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mac Danzig's Ultimate Fighter Blog (Episode 8)
PunchyMcGee
11/8/07 3:44:09AM
Check out what Mac had to say about last night's TUF episode:

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/2007/11/08/mac-danzigs-ultimate-fighter-blog-episode-8/
NatedawgThaM
11/8/07 3:51:15AM
Kinda shorter then the other ones but always a good read
hippysmacker
11/8/07 4:45:36AM
You know I was really disappointed by a lot of the things Mac has done on this show. Just recently I found about this blog, and have read all the older entries. I have to say I was happily surprised to say he owned up to a lot of those things. It gave me a new respect for him. As for Hughes as a coach. I truly beleive he wants to help his guys and is frustrated with how things are going. That being said, some people don't make great coaches, especially a lot of those who are very gifted or very good. I blew a full ride football scholarship in high school. I was so disappointed in my actions, I took a year off before going to junior college for 2 years before I could be eligible for division 1 . That year I coached the o-line for my former high school. I would get so frustrated by some players inability to do what I could, and was unnecessarily harsh with some. It was only years later when I almost beat down my little brothers soccer coach that I understood I was wrong like him . While his pupils aren't children I think Hughes just needs to learn that people are different. Some respond to his type of coaching , some don't. You have to find what works for each individual and go with it. I was 30 when I again coached high school football, and it unfortunately took me that long to learn how to coach better. I have a feeling Hughes will learn this over time now that he owns his own gym. The biggest thing I learned as a coach is not everybody wants it as much as those who succeed. I have seen a guy with size and talent piss it all away, and a guy who lacked both make a bigger impact because he wants it more many times . Michael Jordan and Pete Rose are 2 guys who never had a lot of success as teaching . I think they are prime examples of this. Only time will tell if Hughes is like them, or will evolve like Randy has in the last few years.
Yaknowhaimean
11/8/07 4:46:47PM

Posted by hippysmacker

You know I was really disappointed by a lot of the things Mac has done on this show. Just recently I found about this blog, and have read all the older entries. I have to say I was happily surprised to say he owned up to a lot of those things. It gave me a new respect for him.

Totally agree, I like Mac a lot, but it is based off his blog and not the show. Seems like a real stand up guy overall. Also, very well put in regards to the Hughes comment. Props man, good stuff.