Mac Danzig vs. The TUF 5 fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Mac Danzig vs. The TUF 5 fighters
ncordless
12/9/07 12:58:31PM
How do you guys think Mac Danzig would have faired against the fighters from season 5? I personally believe that he would have made his way through that group easier than this one (which was pretty damn easy). I will also go ahead and state here that I believe that Mac is the only fighter in the last two seasons to have a chance at being in the title picture in the UFC.

What are your thoughts?
ufc88
12/9/07 2:14:06PM
there is no way you can say mac would have had an easier time last season. the top fighters from season 6 were mac, speer, arroyo and george. do you think those top 4 match up against joe lauzon, nate diaz, manny gamburyan and gray maynard? i think all of those fighters could beat mac. I think Mac should be fighting Joe Lauzon in his next fight.
think about what you said. i think George who was the second best fighter on the show would have got destroyed by manny nate and gray and possibly even joe.
last season was a higher calibur of fighters
KeNn
12/9/07 3:49:34PM
Mac would dominate. Simply.

The guys this season were not as good fighters, i felt that they weren't all there.
Like Tommy speer made the final
Rush
12/9/07 4:05:59PM
My thoughts are what they were when I saw the first episode of TUF 6. Mac should not have been on the show, just like Joe Lauzon.

IMO, if you have one or more fights in the UFC and/or Pride it should exclude you from being on TUF.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why the UFC has them on the show. Marketing. IMO, they expected Mac and probably Joe, to do well if not win the show. They were there to be marketed from the get go.

How many of you think Mac developed as a fighter since he went on the show? He looked pretty much the same in E1 as he did last night on TUF6 finale.

IMO, TUF should be for guys like Nate Diaz or Josh Koscheck, not guys that have already fought in big orgs and/or possibly big wins.
NatedawgThaM
12/9/07 4:14:49PM
I think Mac would have a tougher time against season 5. I mean in Season 6 they were all basically one dimensional besides George, Mac, War Machine, and Jared. Everybody else was either a grappler/Wrestler or a striker/slugger. But in Season 5 everybody was very well rounded so he couldn't just pick a clear weakness in each fight because none of the fighters really had a weakness.

I think Gray(Even though he trains with him) would give him a hell of a fight. Except Mac would most likely submit him but that would be a tough fight)

Nate Diaz(He has good striking and great submissions for somebody who's only suppose to be a purple belt in BJJ and has a lot of heart like his brother. I think he would have put on a tougher fight then Tommy did.)

Manny(His judo/wrestling and power punching could cause big problems)

I just think TUF 5 was filled with the tougher competition then any TUF. I still think Mac would win but he would of had a tougher fight. TUF 6 was filled with pussies SORT OF is you ask me. Jon had to fight him twice. Everybody else was scared. Anybody in TUF 5 would have stepped up with no problem.

TUF 5 pwns all!!!
ncordless
12/9/07 6:04:06PM

Posted by ufc88

there is no way you can say mac would have had an easier time last season. the top fighters from season 6 were mac, speer, arroyo and george. do you think those top 4 match up against joe lauzon, nate diaz, manny gamburyan and gray maynard? i think all of those fighters could beat mac. I think Mac should be fighting Joe Lauzon in his next fight.
think about what you said. i think George who was the second best fighter on the show would have got destroyed by manny nate and gray and possibly even joe.
last season was a higher calibur of fighters

I'll give you that last season, the quality of fighters overall was better. However, Diaz and Gamburyan are rather small lightweights. I think they would have huge problems going against Speer. There would be too much of a size difference. Danzig, who makes a small WW, will be a pretty good size LW and has more experience than the top 4 from season 5 put together. I know that if I was betting on Mac vs. anyone from season 5, I'd pick Mac.
madmarck
12/9/07 6:13:36PM

Posted by Rush

My thoughts are what they were when I saw the first episode of TUF 6. Mac should not have been on the show, just like Joe Lauzon.

IMO, if you have one or more fights in the UFC and/or Pride it should exclude you from being on TUF.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why the UFC has them on the show. Marketing. IMO, they expected Mac and probably Joe, to do well if not win the show. They were there to be marketed from the get go.

How many of you think Mac developed as a fighter since he went on the show? He looked pretty much the same in E1 as he did last night on TUF6 finale.

IMO, TUF should be for guys like Nate Diaz or Josh Koscheck, not guys that have already fought in big orgs and/or possibly big wins.

I doubt Mac would have a 12 and 12 contract if he go on the show. Think about it he only ever had one fight in Pride and he lost.
He would get a 5 and 5 at the most.
Not to mention he got a lot of publicity from the show.

Khaos
12/9/07 6:52:30PM
I think he probably would have won season 5, I'd think the only people on the show that would give him trouble would have been Nate Diaz & Joe Lauzon
xchickox
12/9/07 7:03:24PM
i think mac would beat anyone from tuf 5