Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer added to UFC Fight Night 17

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer added to UFC Fight Night 17
nickcuc547
11/24/08 6:16:15PM
Despite no official announcement from the UFC of the event, a bout between Josh Neer (24-7-1 MMA, 3-4 UFC) and Mac Danzig (18-5-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has been added to UFC Fight Night 17.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first learned of the bout from sources close to Neer, and Danzig announced the bout yesterday on his MySpace page.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13329/mac-danzig-vs-josh-neer-added-to-ufc-fight-night-17.mma
nickcuc547
11/24/08 6:59:39PM
should be a good fight, two tough, well rounded fighters. I like Danzig by decision because his jiu jitsu is a little better.
Porch28
11/24/08 7:10:19PM
I hope Neer destroys him and Danzig fades away.
Wolfenstein
11/24/08 7:33:03PM
One of the most evenly matched fights in a while. Both fighters have very similar strengths and weaknesses. I'll give the slightest of an edge to Neer as he has only lost to top guys (aside from Mark Miller) and he's beaten a few top guys as well like Joe Stevenson and Din Thomas. I've yet to see Danzig beat anyone I would consider near the top tier of fighters. Close fight but I think Neer is just slightly better.
nickcuc547
11/24/08 7:45:55PM

Posted by Porch28

I hope Neer destroys him and Danzig fades away.

why??? danzig is a legit talent, i can understand not liking him personally but skill wise he is where he belongs.
Khaos
11/24/08 8:51:06PM
I'm excited for this fight, they're two of my favorite LW fighters, I think Neer has the edge in this fight and will probably take a UD.
jae_1833
11/24/08 9:38:48PM
Personally I don't really care for or dislike either.....skill wise I love em both! I actually give Danzig a slight edge in this fight and pick him for a UD. Likely to be hot bout and fight of the night!!!
quezocrema0032
11/24/08 10:31:36PM
i think danzing is slightly better then him at everything ... except neer is tougher and with more power .... but id pick danzing ud ... aslong as he can stuff neers takedowns which i think he can
babalu2720
11/24/08 10:33:42PM

Posted by jae_1833

Personally I don't really care for or dislike either.....skill wise I love em both! I actually give Danzig a slight edge in this fight and pick him for a UD. Likely to be hot bout and fight of the night!!!

I agree that this is definetly looking like it could be the Hot bout. Two very evenly matched fighters, which often makes for solid, competitive fights. I'm leaning to Neer by UD due to better wrestling and probaly a strength advantage, and I don't think Danzig will threaten Neer a whole lot off of his back, no more than Nate did at least.
kaduey
11/24/08 10:36:40PM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by jae_1833

I agree that this is definetly looking like it could be the Hot bout. Two very evenly matched fighters, which often makes for solid, competitive fights. I'm leaning to Neer by UD due to better wrestling and probaly a strength advantage, and I don't think Danzig will threaten Neer a whole lot off of his back, no more than Nate did at least.

Danzig by slick transitioned rear naked choke in the 2nd.
prozacnation1978
11/24/08 10:53:10PM
great fight but i think danzig takes it
jae_1833
11/25/08 12:52:16AM
You can tell by the responses already that this will either be the hot bout or real close to it.....even when people pick their choices most are still saying it's going to be a good and close one....good for the AV bets too!!!
MMAcca
11/25/08 1:23:39AM
telnights
11/25/08 11:34:40AM
This should be a good fight. I feel Danzig should win this by sub or UD. But you never known Neer is a very tough fighter and has a style that some people have a hard time dealing with.
Gweedo
11/25/08 11:39:22AM

Posted by nickcuc547

should be a good fight, two tough, well rounded fighters. I like Danzig by decision because his jiu jitsu is a little better.

really? i dont agree with you, but its cool. I think Josh has faced tougher competition and should win by dec in my opinion.

1 thing is for sure, the UFC isnt spoon-feeding Mac any1 easy so far! (Mark Bocek and Clay Guida)