Mac Danzig on Clay Guida fight, TUF advice

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mac Danzig on Clay Guida fight, TUF advice
SmileR
6/30/08 10:04:18AM
MMAWeekly: First off, Mac, can you give us an injury update?

Mac Danzig: I actually suffered the knee injury in the middle of the (Mark Bocek) fight. I tore a bunch of muscles in my knee, and had a partial tear of a ligament. I’ve jut been healing it up and taking it easy. I moved my girlfriend in with me, took a few photography trips for myself, and now I’m just preparing to get back in there. It’s getting to the point where I’m eight weeks out (from my next fight) and I can start pushing hard.

The injury was slower to heal than I thought it would be, but it will be fine for this fight, unless something crazy happens. I should be good to go.

MMAWeekly: You mention your upcoming fight. For fans that haven’t heard yet, tell us what’s upcoming.

Mac Danzig: It’s going to be me and Clay (Guida) at a UFC Fight Night in September. I guess it’s going to be in Omaha, Neb. I’m not sure what spot our fight is going to be on the card. I’ve heard rumors that it might be the main event, co-main event or just a regular fight on the card – I don’t know. None of that really matters to me; I’m just really looking forward to fighting him.

This is the first time in a long time that I’ve been very excited about the opponent and match-up. I think from a fan’s perspective it’s an awesome fight. If I was a fan watching, I’d want to see it.

Link
Cdellorso
6/30/08 1:18:25PM
this will be a test for Mac- see if he is that good or just another tuf guy getting over hyped-
I love the way Guida brings the energy and the heart into every fight I am cheering for guida on this one.
MMAcca
6/30/08 1:24:16PM
So Danzig sees Clay as a gatekeeper ?

Bold words before they've even fought. (i think Mac will take it)
Leland
6/30/08 4:34:24PM
Guida by pure pwnage. I dont think Mac has the strength to drop him. He needs to start eating some meat to get some muscle lol

Guida by TKO in the 2nd
imanidiot777
6/30/08 4:50:51PM

Posted by Leland

Guida by pure pwnage. I dont think Mac has the strength to drop him. He needs to start eating some meat to get some muscle lol

Guida by TKO in the 2nd

He doesn't need KO strength he'll just grab an arm while Guida is doing his insane GNP.
SpiderSilva
6/30/08 5:11:32PM
yes I am going with the good ol BigMac with a nice sub in the 2nd round hell if Huerta can sub Guida I am vary confedent in BigMac
k_lup07
7/2/08 12:08:09AM
awesome fight. hope guida takes it, if not hell be like the lw patrick cote until he won some fights.