Lytle should come back for 1 more fight...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lytle should come back for 1 more fight...
Boo_Radley21
1/1/12 6:28:58PM
How awesome would a fight between Lytle and either one of the Diaz brothers be? Obviously Nick would be the better fight because Nate is better at lightweight, but both would be standup wars. All three of those guys do not back down and throw punches at a ridiculous volume. I'd pick Lytle over Nate but Nick over Lylte, but both fights could be fight of the year.
Budgellism
1/1/12 6:57:26PM
Although that sounds pretty awesome, It's hard to top the way that Lytle went out. He'll be remembered in the best possible way imo.
Aether
1/1/12 8:17:19PM
It sounds nice in theory, but what that amounts to is lytle coming out of retirement to get beaten pretty soundly, possibly finished. He went out on a great high note against a guy who was floating around the top of the division at the time, pretty much the best you can hope for at the end of your career in a sport like this.

I think Lytle would match up pretty horribly against the Diaz brothers honestly, as he's a super aggressive and pretty wild striker, and they're pinpoint accurate boxers who look specifically to exploit the kinds of openings that a striker like Lytle leaves open all of the time.
Twenty20Dollars
1/1/12 8:22:47PM

Posted by Aether

I think Lytle would match up pretty horribly against the Diaz brothers honestly, as he's a super aggressive and pretty wild striker, and they're pinpoint accurate boxers who look specifically to exploit the kinds of openings that a striker like Lytle leaves open all of the time.

That's what I was going to say. Lytle just likes to throw bombs. So they would just throw that jab out there and counter from the bombs Lytle throws.

But bringing Lytle back to face another power striker could be cool. Ellenberger/Hendricks or whoever else there is.
kopower
1/2/12 10:03:38AM

Posted by Aether

It sounds nice in theory, but what that amounts to is lytle coming out of retirement to get beaten pretty soundly, possibly finished. He went out on a great high note against a guy who was floating around the top of the division at the time, pretty much the best you can hope for at the end of your career in a sport like this.

Agree. After seeing how much Nate improved, I think he would destroy Lytle. Hardy had Chris wobbly a few times, and Nate or Nick would finish him. I love me some Chris Lytle, but I think his chin was starting to leave him, and a fight against the Diaz brothers would be a horrible style match up.
sparky
1/2/12 1:38:13PM

Posted by Budgellism

Although that sounds pretty awesome, It's hard to top the way that Lytle went out. He'll be remembered in the best possible way imo.

Couldnt have said it better myself
Patchedup15
1/3/12 4:23:59PM
I don't think this is a good idea. Both guys are towards the top, if not at the top.. of their divisions. Lytle ended his career in a fight with Hardy.. hardly worthy of a fight against either. Let's let the man keep his aspirations in politics
Boo_Radley21
1/7/12 9:34:47AM
Yea I guess him coming back makes no sense... still wanna see it though