Lytle vs Davis. Fight of the night anyone?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lytle vs Davis. Fight of the night anyone?
POLL: Davis vs Lytle
Lytle Knock out 10% (3)
Davis knock out 29% (9)
Lytle Sub 10% (3)
Davis Sub 3% (1)
Lylte Decision 10% (3)
Davis Decision 39% (12)
big_timmy
11/3/08 11:13:25PM
These 2 welterweights, plus paul taylor, are some of the msot exciting you'll find.

Sure, they arent GSP or Alves, but these 3 guys, no matter who they are fighting always seem to put on a show.

One of my favorite fights of all time is Lytle vs Lawler, and a close second would be Davis vs Taylor.

Who wins this?

And on another note, where is Marcis Davis' title shot?
mentalcase
11/3/08 11:23:40PM
Hey dude i made a thread on this fight like a week ago
LINK
pv3Hpv3p
11/4/08 1:44:54PM
Lytle's agressive tendencies will be his undoing in this fight... he can't charge in on Marcus like he has in his other fights and expect to just take Davis's left on his chin
jiujitsufreak74
11/4/08 3:41:43PM
WAR DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!

this is going to be a war, i say Davis Round 3 KO...that's right, i'm going with the rare Round 3 finish
Wolfenstein
11/4/08 4:13:51PM
Probably will be fight of the night.

I'll go with Marcus by UD just because Lytle has a chin of granite. It will be close but I think Chris will be winging punches and tire out while Davis stays composed and works a more technical game.
fullerene
11/4/08 5:00:21PM
I think it's a logical fight and it should be boxing match of the night (by far). I prefer more variety in MMA (wrestling, subs, kicking).

Both are good boxers, but Davis is a bit better. I doubt that Lytle will take it to the ground though so I look for him to keep punching, getting the worst of it for all three rounds.
Jackelope
11/4/08 5:02:55PM
Yep, I think Lytle might be finished for the first time in his long career. I can't see him taking too many of those brutal left hands from Davis. I'll go with a rd 2 KO finish for Davis.

As for where Davis' title shot is at- it's down the road. He was close, but he took that loss and it set him back a ways if you ask me.
jiujitsufreak74
11/4/08 5:25:28PM

Posted by Jackelope
As for where Davis' title shot is at- it's down the road. He was close, but he took that loss and it set him back a ways if you ask me.

unfortunately i agree with you. especially in a division fll of wrestlers who will be able to LnP on Marcus much like Swick was able to do when he needed to.
prozacnation1978
11/5/08 9:34:40AM
lytle has never ben knocked out you can't count the cut stoppage on the alves fight

it will go to decsion

great fight

i see taylor fighting dan hardy next

and banta cane might fight jardine
no way jardine will not fight in ireland
i think cane will knock him out
GrandMaster313
11/5/08 3:10:23PM
mmmmmm, I dont know I could see this fight being drawn out for 3 rounds.

Lytle doesn't tend to get KO'd and Davis likes to stand and strike just like his opponent so I could see a decision going to Davis
mk1630
11/5/08 5:01:15PM
I'm going with Davis right now with a second round (t)ko
higdon10
11/5/08 5:06:49PM
Davis by UD
copcopps
11/5/08 5:08:31PM
Davis by UD unless for some reason Lytle submits him which is doubtful
WrestlersAssassin
11/6/08 1:13:19AM
Lytle by Decision but FOTN for sure. Plus I cant stand Davis' mouth sometimes "I dont think Lytle deserves a fight with me".......lol
Pookie
11/6/08 4:35:59AM
Lytle will have good betting odds
WrestlersAssassin
11/8/08 1:48:15AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

WAR DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!

this is going to be a war, i say Davis Round 3 KO...that's right, i'm going with the rare Round 3 finish

lol KO Lytle? Now I have to av bet with you, if only for the end result.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/8/08 6:00:19AM
I guess I'm not the popular opinion...Lytle by KO in the 3rd. Kinda an "upset" of sorts.
jiujitsufreak74
11/8/08 12:21:51PM

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

WAR DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!

lol KO Lytle? Now I have to av bet with you, if only for the end result.

i'll only av bet the winner, the KO is a leap of faith from a dedicated nuthugger lmao
higdon10
11/8/08 7:40:57PM

Posted by Pookie

Lytle will have good betting odds

Thats very true.