lytle/davis fight needs to happen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » lytle/davis fight needs to happen
Gipper
2/10/08 12:19:15AM
chris lytle is one of my top 3 fighters. this would be a great fight for lytle to get back in the mix for a title shot. also with a win over lytle(which would be the biggest of his career) davis can prove that he is a serious contender for the title. make it happen ufc.
Gladiator
2/10/08 1:19:08AM
a lytle vs davis fight would be awesome! I think alves vs davis would be a good one too
ocho-cinco
2/10/08 1:30:39AM
I'd love to see this fight happen. It puts up a good test for both guys, and would most likely produce some fireworks. It's really hard to give the edge to either guy, the UFC would have to be crazy not to make this fight happen.
jiujitsufreak74
2/10/08 1:35:29AM

Posted by Gladiator

a lytle vs davis fight would be awesome! I think alves vs davis would be a good one too

i have been saying that about the alves davis fight for 5 months now.

i seriously want him tog et his rematch with alves, i think it will be an explosive fight and will really showcase both of their abilities. here is my breakdown of davis and alves if joe silva actually realizes the potential in this match-up.

Alves vs Davis

Thiago Alves is a warrior with the heart of a champion. He has a complete well-rounded MMA game with vicious stand up and well versed BJJ. His muay thai has really shown us how dangerous he can be, especially through his fights with Tony DeSouza and Chris Lytle. Alves has nasty leg kicks, some of the best i have ever seen implemented in MMA, and he knows how to trade as exemplified in the Lytle fight with powerful hands as well. he is a black belt in BJJ, bu tnow-a-days who isn't. he is well versed on the ground but some times gets overanxious and puts himself in bad positions like he did against Spencer Fisher finding himself in a triangle. i think that he is now more cool and collected and won't make those same mistakes anytime soon but his JJ is more of a defense instead of an offense because his forte is definitely the muay thai which he has been doing since he was 15. Davis is my favorite fighter and always puts on an exciting show as well. his MMA game is ever-evolving as he is learning how to incorporate his boxing more and more into his game while also picking up some very impressive JJ skills as of late. the former number one super middleweight in New England, Davis has really hard hands with KO power that should not be overlooked. as seen in his last fights, his kicks are getting better and his submission game is increasing at a phenomenal rate. with a beautiful ankle lock victory over Pete Spratt and that come from behind armbar victory over Paul Taylor (one of my favorite fights because it displays how versatile he truly is) it leaves me astonished at this seemingly solid JJ game that came almost out of nowhere. I think Alves has the advantage with the kicks, Davis with the hands, which ill see a close stand up battle. on the ground, i see Davis' crafty JJ having an advantage over Alves' defensive JJ and might see Davis trying submissions. However, i think these two warriors will keep it standing and by the 3rd round, Davis will land a punch worthy from a former number one super middleweight in New England and will KO Alves after an interesting and exciting stand up war.

My Prediction: Davis 3rd round KO
cowcatcher
2/10/08 3:29:25AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Gladiator

i have been saying that about the alves davis fight for 5 months now.

i seriously want him tog et his rematch with alves, i think it will be an explosive fight and will really showcase both of their abilities. here is my breakdown of davis and alves if joe silva actually realizes the potential in this match-up.

Alves vs Davis

Thiago Alves is a warrior with the heart of a champion. He has a complete well-rounded MMA game with vicious stand up and well versed BJJ. His muay thai has really shown us how dangerous he can be, especially through his fights with Tony DeSouza and Chris Lytle. Alves has nasty leg kicks, some of the best i have ever seen implemented in MMA, and he knows how to trade as exemplified in the Lytle fight with powerful hands as well. he is a black belt in BJJ, bu tnow-a-days who isn't. he is well versed on the ground but some times gets overanxious and puts himself in bad positions like he did against Spencer Fisher finding himself in a triangle. i think that he is now more cool and collected and won't make those same mistakes anytime soon but his JJ is more of a defense instead of an offense because his forte is definitely the muay thai which he has been doing since he was 15. Davis is my favorite fighter and always puts on an exciting show as well. his MMA game is ever-evolving as he is learning how to incorporate his boxing more and more into his game while also picking up some very impressive JJ skills as of late. the former number one super middleweight in New England, Davis has really hard hands with KO power that should not be overlooked. as seen in his last fights, his kicks are getting better and his submission game is increasing at a phenomenal rate. with a beautiful ankle lock victory over Pete Spratt and that come from behind armbar victory over Paul Taylor (one of my favorite fights because it displays how versatile he truly is) it leaves me astonished at this seemingly solid JJ game that came almost out of nowhere. I think Alves has the advantage with the kicks, Davis with the hands, which ill see a close stand up battle. on the ground, i see Davis' crafty JJ having an advantage over Alves' defensive JJ and might see Davis trying submissions. However, i think these two warriors will keep it standing and by the 3rd round, Davis will land a punch worthy from a former number one super middleweight in New England and will KO Alves after an interesting and exciting stand up war.

My Prediction: Davis 3rd round KO

davis probably has big hands, but i think this is a great assesment of the fight were it to happen although i see a 2nd round finish for davis. great post though. sometimes i forget your age because you are a very knowledgable fan, im glad the sport i love so much has young SMART fans like you. carry the torch young man!
sonicsmokesweed
2/10/08 6:16:48AM
omg man this is what i've been beating mysel;f up about chris lytle vs marcus davis. for sure i beg the UFC to throw these guys in the cage together this will let us know where the future stands for these two up and comers i Agree with the thread owner 300 percent hahah
bls1919
2/10/08 10:15:16AM
Lytle vs. Davis would be an incredible fight. Both men have great heart and skill. I would give the ground game to Lytle and the stand up obviously goes to Davis, even though Lytle is no slouch standing. I would go Davis TKO 2nd round
whardin19
2/10/08 1:37:25PM
Chris Lytle vs. Marcus Davis would be a great fight. It probably would last very long, but what we would see would be good. Lytle is an Indiana boy like me but I'd still have to pull for Davis seeing as he's one of my favorite fighters. Davis first round TKO.
Mayhem13
2/10/08 2:11:22PM
this would be a awesome fight. and although I think it would be a good matchup...I think Lytle needs one more win before making this happen...he's had some bad luck in previous fights....but if he gets another win...make it happen.

Davis by rnd 2 TKO