Lyoto Machida undergoes surgery

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lyoto Machida undergoes surgery
RhythmAndStyle
10/31/09 4:21:05PM
"He had surgery yesterday on his left hand," Soares said. "The doctor said it was a complete success."

Soares said the procedure actually addressed a set of lingering issues rather than repairing something that occurred during Machida and Rua's hotly contested Oct. 24 bout in the main event of "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun."

"Lyoto's hand has been actually injured for a while," Soares said. "Before the fight with 'Shogun,' he went to the doctor, and he went to a special surgeon in Brazil. Basically, they say said that he was going to need surgery, but he didn't want to cancel the fight.

"He just roughed it through this training camp. The hand has been bothering him for quite a while now. It was one of those situations. He just roughed through it."

While sharing the details of the surgery, Soares said it was important to note he was not trying to suggest Machida's hand issues in any way played a role in what many felt was a lackluster performance from the champ.

Link
spikerman19
10/31/09 6:32:26PM
For some reason, Ed Soares is starting to annoy me.
Aether
10/31/09 6:52:48PM

Posted by spikerman19

For some reason, Ed Soares is starting to annoy me.

Yeah, I'm beginning to find him pretty annoying as well. That whole "he just roughed it through this training camp" really comes off as an excuse to me.

Yes, he manages some amazing fighters, but he seems like he's letting their success get to his head, as though he has something to do with their fighting ability.
BustedKnuckle
10/31/09 8:32:13PM
Well guys lets just hope Machidas hand and english come along in a timely matter. And saying that a hand injury didnt effect Lyotos fight is ludacris. Of corse an injury requireing surgury would effect your game!???
jgtribbett
10/31/09 9:16:28PM
well i cannot argue, that it did not help him fight shogun. and beyond that i cannot say anything because i said shogun lost to forrest because of an injury needing surgery
1daveufc
11/1/09 5:12:42AM

Posted by jgtribbett

well i cannot argue, that it did not help him fight shogun. and beyond that i cannot say anything because i said shogun lost to forrest because of an injury needing surgery

A think a knee injury is a little different to a hand injury do you not think?Plus it did not effect his movement did it these are just excuses because machida lost the fight .
moob
11/1/09 10:31:46AM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Well guys lets just hope Machidas hand and english come along in a timely matter. And saying that a hand injury didnt effect Lyotos fight is ludacris. Of corse an injury requireing surgury would effect your game!???

The irony!