Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva is official!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva is official!!!
Next Page »
billycarnage
7/16/08 4:05:20PM
I have to go with Machida here. Thiago will make it exciting though.

Right here!
Pookie
7/16/08 4:06:07PM
Super easy pick, go Machida
Violence108
7/16/08 4:13:46PM
i'm going with Thiago Silva by KO
ricoj3323
7/16/08 4:19:34PM
Yeah!!!!! Go Machida!!!! I cant wait lyoto is one of my favorite fighters. I'm going to go out on a limb and say machida by tko

juanez13
7/16/08 4:23:14PM
good match, taking the Dragon on this one
Jlloyd
7/16/08 4:28:16PM
oh my ******* god!!

my dream match up here in Birmingham

I neww the UFC would pull one out the bag
gsquat
7/16/08 4:40:25PM

Posted by Pookie

No kidding. I predict the schooling of a lifetime. I can't believe this fight is happening as Thiago's skill level is far inferior to that of Machida's. One can't even honestly say that Thiago has better striking than Machida... and thats all that Silva has shown in the octagon.
Pookie
7/16/08 4:48:01PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Pookie

No kidding. I predict the schooling of a lifetime. I can't believe this fight is happening as Thiago's skill level is far inferior to that of Machida's. One can't even honestly say that Thiago has better striking than Machida... and thats all that Silva has shown in the octagon.

hes also shown good GnP, but not good takedowns.
gsquat
7/16/08 4:51:17PM
Well yeah. I just grouped that in with the striking as thats what he's doing.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/16/08 4:53:43PM
winner get a title shot?

i think so........

i dont know who to pick......i love thiago but machida makes people look so bad

EDIT: this is on ufc 89?
this is free?

DANA WHITE FOR PRESIDENT!
mkiv9secsupra
7/16/08 5:15:09PM
Lyoto by landing 15 punches while only allowing thiago to land 3 for all three rounds.....CANT WAIT!!!!!
npayant
7/16/08 5:22:35PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Lyoto by landing 15 punches while only allowing thiago to land 3 for all three rounds.....CANT WAIT!!!!!

I'm sure Machida will land a hell of a lot more than 15 punchs... AND I'm sure he'll through in a couple of takedowns and submission attempts/GnP

...but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Silva only landed 3 punches...

Machida will school him!!
DangerousDjohn
7/16/08 5:35:18PM
I hope Thiago wins....but Machida has it
mkiv9secsupra
7/16/08 5:36:59PM
Why did Lyoto take this fight? Even if he does win this still isnt justification to a title shot yet. Jardine would be a better candidate for a number one contender match not Thiago. (probly because Jardine would KO him)
nickcuc547
7/16/08 5:40:05PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fight has a lot of hype and I'm definitely excited to see how it plays out. but i can't be too optimistic because machida is sooooooooooo boring. hopefully this is the first aired fight so i'm not tempted to fall asleep.
gsquat
7/16/08 5:45:58PM

Posted by nickcuc547

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fight has a lot of hype and I'm definitely excited to see how it plays out. but i can't be too optimistic because machida is sooooooooooo boring. hopefully this is the first aired fight so i'm not tempted to fall asleep.

If you were bored by Machida's last fight then I'm not sure you can be entertained.
flainthefacerh
7/16/08 5:53:46PM
battle of the 13-0 undefeated fighters. this could have easily been promoted as the main event.
Gipper
7/16/08 6:09:07PM
i've mentioned this fight a number of times. now t.silva can prove he's the no. 1 contender for the ufc lhw belt.
Gipper
7/16/08 6:20:07PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Pookie

i'm not going to be an asshole and start mouthing off but give thiago silva some more credit dudes. i know machida has beat a couple name fighters in his last 2 fights but thiago will be a different story.
Pookie
7/16/08 6:24:36PM

Posted by Gipper

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Pookie

i'm not going to be an asshole and start mouthing off but give thiago silva some more credit dudes. i know machida has beat a couple name fighters in his last 2 fights but thiago will be a different story.

he deserves all the respect in the world, but this is an absolutely terrible match-up for his skill set.
mrkennedy
7/16/08 7:54:41PM
i hope silva kick is ass
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/16/08 9:19:51PM
Great news. War machida!
fonduktoe
7/16/08 10:08:23PM
nothing would make me happier than a vicious ko and thiago's hand raised
Chuteboxer
7/16/08 10:25:10PM
So I suppose Wandy's got no fight lined up yet?

A shame. But this fight will make up for it, hopefully.
postman
7/16/08 10:42:47PM
I have yet to see Machida in trouble can't say the same for Silva. Machida has such a odd style I don't see him losing this one.
MFOTHER
7/17/08 12:04:47AM

Posted by nickcuc547

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

come on man! how can you not be excited!?!? even if you think machida is boring ( i dont really get it...but whatever) its two undefeated fighters in what pretty much has to be a no 1 contender match (after chuck if he beats rashad).

and......... thiago likes to bang, he has some gnp, but he likes throwing his hands, this could be a great fight....
Kastro
7/17/08 12:57:15AM
So it is official.. amazing!!

Thiago Silva has sparked some hype around himself with his vibrant wins however I have not seen him in a fight where he wasn't in trouble..

I enjoy Thiago's exciting fights but I see him really having a hard time with Machida's hit and run style..

Machida by decision.
pv3Hpv3p
7/18/08 1:31:09AM
awesome fight...

I wish they would have added this and kept Sanchez/Alves on the card though I was looking forward to that fight
NatedawgThaM
7/18/08 4:30:28PM
I LOVE THIS FIGHT!!!

Non-stop aggression on Machida will finally be put to the test and his chin too!!!! I think it will be a very exciting fight at least for the first two rounds until Thiago gasses late in the 2nd and the 3rd where Machida will then do his normal counter punching while striking on the outside.

I'm gonna pick Thiago by 2nd Round TKO/KO since he's one of my favorite fighters and the future of the division and I never pick against my favorites unless their going against other favorites of mine. Or he maybe could do enough to win a decision if he out works Machida enough with that aggression to win the 1st two rounds but I doubt it, I think he needs the KO. But more then likely, Machida wins a decision which crisp, accurate, boxing. But never count Thiago out though, he he good on the ground and vicious/relentless on the feet so their's no way Machida finish him early unless it's late in the 3rd and Thiago is too tired to defend himself which I honestly think will happen.

BUT WAR THIAGO THOUGH!!!! KNOCK HIM THE FUDGE OUT!!!
keith-hackney1
7/18/08 6:07:45PM
wow, its like the old pride fc battle... chute box vs brazilian top team. I pick my guy Machida by 3 rounds of humiliation ... !!!!
Pages: [1] 2