Lyoto Machida Says He Has 'A Big Surprise' Coming

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lyoto Machida Says He Has 'A Big Surprise' Coming
Budgellism
9/12/12 1:06:59PM
After UFC 153 completely fell apart yesterday, everyone and their dog has been talked about to fill the gaping holes in the card. One of the most talked-about guys was Lyoto Machida, since he doesn't actually have a scheduled fight at the moment. Machida added to the speculation by tweeting something that has got some people buzzing:

Lyoto Machida
?
@lyotomachidafw
Estamos preparando uma grande surpresa para vcs! pic.twitter.com/fHQwO17B

11 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Translation:

We are preparing a big surprise for you!

Silva tweeted the following last night:

Wanderlei Silva
?
@wandfc
UFC RIO???
11 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

And Big Nog told Sherdog he's ready to go, even though he said that last time (he was supposed to fight Cheick Kongo in July at UFC 149):

"My recovery is 100 percent. My physical therapist, we worked a lot, sometimes six, seven hours a day. I tried getting better for July but I got hurt again. I think it was too soon. I broke my bone in December and I started to train again at the end of March. I think it was too soon. Now, it's totally recovered and I started to train again in mid-July. I feel my arm is getting stronger, getting faster. I feel all my skills are getting better and I'm ready to go. I'm training every day, doing my strength and conditioning, little by little and I hope to fight soon. I'm just waiting on confirmation from the UFC."

LINK
Poor_Franklin
9/12/12 1:09:22PM
?
Budgellism
9/12/12 1:09:39PM
So that's 3 major Brazilian stars hinting that they're ready to go. I wonder what we end up getting from this clusterfuck that we call UFC 153.
pmoney
9/12/12 1:20:08PM
Machida vs. Texeira for UFC 153??
cowcatcher
9/12/12 1:38:33PM
He's bottling his own energy drink.
hashyandy4
9/12/12 1:45:28PM

Posted by pmoney

Machida vs. Texeira for UFC 153??

I hope so
postman
9/12/12 1:52:44PM

Posted by cowcatcher

He's bottling his own energy drink.

I hope they work on the flavor. I tried he last energy drink and frankly it tasted like piss
Chael_Sonnen
9/12/12 2:00:45PM
*Raises hand*

I KNOW WHAT THE SURPRISE IS!!!!

Macheetah will FINALLY change his walkout song to something that is actually audible to the human ears.
scoozna
9/12/12 2:16:50PM
He's re-invented himself into an aggressive, strike-first-ask-questions-later fighter.
bjj1605
9/12/12 2:31:25PM
Lyoto is the best choice if he's ready.
Bubbles
9/12/12 2:57:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

*Raises hand*

Macheetah will FINALLY change his walkout song to something that is actually audible to the human ears.

yeah that Linkin Park song is bad...actually everything post Meteora blows.
george112
9/12/12 3:26:47PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

*Raises hand*

yeah that Linkin Park song is bad...actually everything post Meteora blows.

Couldn't agree more
jae_1833
9/12/12 3:30:03PM

Posted by Budgellism

So that's 3 major Brazilian stars hinting that they're ready to go. I wonder what we end up getting from this clusterfuck that we call UFC 153.

Seriously! They can't all be friends....can they? Maybe he fights Sonnen who just moved up to LHW, Glover was another badass suggestion. There is plenty to do with him, he could also drop to MW.
Twenty20Dollars
9/12/12 3:45:33PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

?

He's going to unleash the dragon.
meier
9/12/12 3:53:02PM
Machida vs wandy maybe
ChrisSabal
9/12/12 4:07:19PM
he is moving down to middleweight to have a tag team match with Anderson Silva and they will be fighting 'The Wraslers' Chael Sonnen and Chris Weidman!
Dberntson
9/12/12 5:16:06PM
First ever Battle Royal?