Lyoto Machida: "They Prefer Chuck With The Belt"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lyoto Machida: "They Prefer Chuck With The Belt"
« Previous Page
zephead
7/9/08 6:08:14PM

Posted by EON

Posted by zephead

Posted by EON

Posted by zephead

Posted by JimiMak

Glad to see him speaking his mind. They weren't gonna give him next shot anyway, even tho he is so clearly the most deserving, That's ok, they can't help but give him top 5 guys now (of course they're hoping he'll lose) and when he's run thru all of them he'll have to get his shot. Hell by then it'll prob'ly be somebody he's beaten already.

How is he the most deserving? I think wandy, Shogun and Chuck are way more deserving then he is. They have fought tougher comp

shogun who is 0-1, chuck who is 2-2 and wand (one of my favs) is 1-1 since coming back are more deserving? yeah your obviously part of the popularity contest crowd of fans

Yep, that's me. I look at fighters overall record and the comp that they fight. Not hat their the in thing so I better jump on. I would love for Machida to fight any of the three I mentioned, I think he would get hammered

thats not the point, way to stray from the idea, you obviously have a thought out analysis of why you hate him since you have so many posts about how undeserving the top contender in the UFC is so why even bother arguing with you, you should promote mike tyson vs brock lesnar, thats right up your alley

Or I could continue to sit back and see how much more of Machida you can fit inside you
NatedawgThaM
7/9/08 6:42:16PM
Wow, Machida is a very, VERY smart man.

Even though they prefer Chuck with the belt is a very big understatement.

But I still stand with the people who still think Machida has NOT deserved a title shot yet. Wandy beat Jardine who was the obvious #1 contender before the fight so he's already done more in one fight then in Machida's whole entire UFC career and Liddell just beat Wandy and if he beats Rashad, he deserves it over both IMHO. Even though I still feel Rampage should get a rematch!
JimiMak
7/9/08 6:54:39PM
I love how ppl try to discredit the Tito win by mentioning "Chuck tko'd him twice"

Machida handled Tito much better than Chuck. Machida made an INCREDIBLE wrestler look amateur, he couldn't even touch him. I've never seen someone miss on grabs and strikes so much in fifteen minutes. Chuck never made him look that bad.

Somehow ppl don't think a fifteen minute dismantling where he makes ppl look stupid cuz he's beating them up and they can't even touch him... somehow that's less of a win, and/or less of a destruction?

He's content to beat the sh*t out of ppl for fifteen minutes, and has NEVER LOST A RD! You can't say that dec's can't be destructions, well you could but you'd be so wrong that it should be embarrassing to post that on a good site like this.

Chuck only dec'd Wandy, yet you're arguing he should get it. And a win over Rashad isn't any more impressive than a ko of Franklin (and no matter who wants to deny it he's a natural LHW who had only fought at that weight at the time of the fight, and he's still the only one to ever ko him)
EON
7/9/08 7:02:03PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by EON

Posted by zephead

Posted by EON

Posted by zephead

Posted by JimiMak

Glad to see him speaking his mind. They weren't gonna give him next shot anyway, even tho he is so clearly the most deserving, That's ok, they can't help but give him top 5 guys now (of course they're hoping he'll lose) and when he's run thru all of them he'll have to get his shot. Hell by then it'll prob'ly be somebody he's beaten already.

How is he the most deserving? I think wandy, Shogun and Chuck are way more deserving then he is. They have fought tougher comp

shogun who is 0-1, chuck who is 2-2 and wand (one of my favs) is 1-1 since coming back are more deserving? yeah your obviously part of the popularity contest crowd of fans

Yep, that's me. I look at fighters overall record and the comp that they fight. Not hat their the in thing so I better jump on. I would love for Machida to fight any of the three I mentioned, I think he would get hammered

thats not the point, way to stray from the idea, you obviously have a thought out analysis of why you hate him since you have so many posts about how undeserving the top contender in the UFC is so why even bother arguing with you, you should promote mike tyson vs brock lesnar, thats right up your alley

Or I could continue to sit back and see how much more of Machida you can fit inside you

cowcatcher
7/9/08 7:02:24PM
machida is dominant in the sense that he scores points like a boxer, it isnt necessarily the same kind of dominant that say a guy that KOs everyone he faces is, but it is a dominating style...point point move.
zephead
7/9/08 7:15:50PM

Posted by EON

Posted by zephead

Posted by EON

Posted by zephead

Posted by EON

Posted by zephead

Posted by JimiMak

Oh, I see, only you can throw out the little jabs. Got it.

We'll just have to agree on disagreeing
JimiMak
7/9/08 7:30:30PM

Posted by cowcatcher

machida is dominant in the sense that he scores points like a boxer, it isnt necessarily the same kind of dominant that say a guy that KOs everyone he faces is, but it is a dominating style...point point move.

Dominating is dominating. A lot of ko artists don't really beat the guy badly they just land "the shot(s)". I would say Machida's w's are almost always better than the quick ko's we see from guys like Jardine that show they can't go at a high level for that long. He's never looked tired and always makes the other guy look bad.

And for anyone who cares: go look at the thread about all dec's being draws. I'm not a fan of dec's. I'd rather see Machida ko and sub ppl more, but when you make the top level guys look amateur I don't see how it isn't more impressive than a lot of ko fighters performances.

And none of Chuck/Wandy/Shogun have looked much better recently.
mkiv9secsupra
7/9/08 7:40:24PM

Posted by cowcatcher

actually its more like point move.......

when i box the guys that stick and move are always the guys that dont have much confidence. They seem to try and outpoint you by staying away because they are unsure if they can land a combo or take a hard shot. The guys that are always problems are guys that let there hands go landing a 1 1 2 etc and outpointing them by landing 3 shots for every one you throw........just my 2 cents(i dont know if that applies to MMA as much because im not an mma fighter)

Intelligence IS NOT SKILL....just food for thought
bobbydoomocculta
7/9/08 8:23:42PM
Wolfenstein
7/9/08 8:34:56PM
Machida was mistranslated, but unfortunately nobody wants to hear that right now. This was all started by guess who...Sherdog.
JackHammerXXX
7/10/08 10:48:16PM
first, Machida fought who in the ufc? David Heath? Boetsch dismantled him on short notice. then he fought two guys in their post pride debuts?!granted sokoudjou is more than promising, he lacked his potential and skill i feel do to the "big lights" of the ufc,not to underestimate pride's stage, and was sent home with a loss. now, tito. Tito fought a good fight but not executing the gameplan made him look like a punching bag and he lost a uneventful decision.
light heavy division is stacked and to be in line for the belt you need quality wins against TOP competition!Liddell reigned,we all know, and he lost only to the guy(Jardine) who beat the "new" champ like a dummy, and the guy(Rampage) who beat/lost to the "new"champ. that's it. he beat wandy who beat the spirits out of the two guys who beat him.So to me, it's not 100% justified that they just give it to Chuck, but IF he beats Rashad which i think he will(KO in 3rd round) then i dont fuss too much about that.
Chuck and Forrest in December...Machida and Shogun in Nov. . Wandy and Thiago... Rampage against one of the winners,then for either a title shot or a shot itself.
As we've seen with this division, anything can and will happen..
warglory
7/11/08 12:25:12PM

Posted by Gipper

there's not to many fighters i dislike but machida is one of them now. put this guy against t.silva and we will see who is really next in line for a titleshot after liddell. chuck deserves whatever he gets. i don't have to explain why.
not taking anything away from machida's skill. he's an unbelievable fighter.

Why would you dislike Machida?
warglory
7/11/08 12:29:06PM

Posted by JimiMak

I love how ppl try to discredit the Tito win by mentioning "Chuck tko'd him twice"

Machida handled Tito much better than Chuck. Machida made an INCREDIBLE wrestler look amateur, he couldn't even touch him. I've never seen someone miss on grabs and strikes so much in fifteen minutes. Chuck never made him look that bad.

Somehow ppl don't think a fifteen minute dismantling where he makes ppl look stupid cuz he's beating them up and they can't even touch him... somehow that's less of a win, and/or less of a destruction?

He's content to beat the sh*t out of ppl for fifteen minutes, and has NEVER LOST A RD! You can't say that dec's can't be destructions, well you could but you'd be so wrong that it should be embarrassing to post that on a good site like this.

Chuck only dec'd Wandy, yet you're arguing he should get it. And a win over Rashad isn't any more impressive than a ko of Franklin (and no matter who wants to deny it he's a natural LHW who had only fought at that weight at the time of the fight, and he's still the only one to ever ko him)

Excellent post. Props to you!
buram
7/12/08 9:47:31AM
I think its about time somebody called out Machida...

just to make things interesting....

who would have the balls?
keith-hackney1
7/12/08 10:40:28AM

Posted by buram

I think its about time somebody called out Machida...

just to make things interesting....

who would have the balls?

No one, because no one would have a game plan to beat him.
I have been saying this for ages, chuck is dana's bitch and is getting the easy road back to the belt !!!
JackHammerXXX
7/12/08 5:23:26PM
Man how can you say Machida handled Tito more than Chuck? Chuck TKO'd Tito twice! Machida almost had an opening, but didn't capitalize like Chuck did...
But all debates aside, I am a Machida fan. But I'm a MMA fan first, and some may say it's boring to watch a Machida fight, but i'm equally intrigued at waiting to see who will take Lyoto out.
And yes, Chuck did decision Wandy,but I think Silva was back at his best and so was Chuck. That was easily one of the fights of the year. I'll take Chuck beating Wandy like that,and a win over Rashad as means for a title shot over Machida earning it with wins over Tito(my style isn't dominating anymore) and Sokojdou.
Do I sound ridiculous?
Boo_Radley21
7/12/08 5:29:15PM
Won't he look stupid if Liddell doesn't get the next shot. I don't think Machida should talk like that because honestly he doesn't deserve his shot yet. Honestly, if he can get another big win then probably, but a boring decision over Tito isn't enough in my honest opinion.
Thunderfighting
7/12/08 11:32:41PM
Lyoto Machida is a tough man lets not forget that. But here is the deal breaker kids.

Lets do this, light heavyweight tournament to determine it. 5 man tournament. here is how the tournament would break down.

Fight 1: Liddell v.s. Evans
Fight 2: Machida v.s. Jardine
Fight 3: Winner of fight 1 & 2
Fight 4: Winner of fight 3 v.s. Rampage.

Fight 1: Liddell v.s. Evans. This would be a pretty exiting fight at the begining untill rashad runs out of gas, then Liddell would probably end up giving "sugar" his first loss. my winner : Chuck Liddell by TKO round 2

Fight 2: Machida v.s. Jardine. This fight on the other hand would be so boring it would be shown on live t.v. I see Machida using that boxing style of scoring to out due Jardine in a 3 round snore fest. my winner: Loyoto Machida by Uni Decison

Fight 3: Liddell v.s. Machida. This fight would break down to who would fight who's style. And i really dont see Liddell giving Machida much to work with besides a right hand on his chin. But i dont see a ko. my winner: Chuck Liddell by Uni Decison

Fight 4 for the #1 contendership of the light heavyweight title: Liddell v.s. Rampage 3. For some reason i just dont see Liddell making the same mistake a 3rd time. But then again i said that about the second fight. I think this one would go down in history as quite possibly the greatest mma fight ever. Whats better than two ko guys going at it again. my winner and #1 contender: by split decison Quntion "Rampage" Jackson.

This would set up rampage v.s. forrest 2 and we will all be able to complain about who will get screwed next!!!!
RNC
7/12/08 11:40:32PM
I think Liddell will beat rashad, jump to the title shot, lose to griffin and change weight classes.
warglory
7/13/08 10:30:30PM

Posted by Thunderfighting

Lyoto Machida is a tough man lets not forget that. But here is the deal breaker kids.

Lets do this, light heavyweight tournament to determine it. 5 man tournament. here is how the tournament would break down.

Fight 1: Liddell v.s. Evans
Fight 2: Machida v.s. Jardine
Fight 3: Winner of fight 1 & 2
Fight 4: Winner of fight 3 v.s. Rampage.

Fight 1: Liddell v.s. Evans. This would be a pretty exiting fight at the begining untill rashad runs out of gas, then Liddell would probably end up giving "sugar" his first loss. my winner : Chuck Liddell by TKO round 2

Fight 2: Machida v.s. Jardine. This fight on the other hand would be so boring it would be shown on live t.v. I see Machida using that boxing style of scoring to out due Jardine in a 3 round snore fest. my winner: Loyoto Machida by Uni Decison

Fight 3: Liddell v.s. Machida. This fight would break down to who would fight who's style. And i really dont see Liddell giving Machida much to work with besides a right hand on his chin. But i dont see a ko. my winner: Chuck Liddell by Uni Decison

Fight 4 for the #1 contendership of the light heavyweight title: Liddell v.s. Rampage 3. For some reason i just dont see Liddell making the same mistake a 3rd time. But then again i said that about the second fight. I think this one would go down in history as quite possibly the greatest mma fight ever. Whats better than two ko guys going at it again. my winner and #1 contender: by split decison Quntion "Rampage" Jackson.

This would set up rampage v.s. forrest 2 and we will all be able to complain about who will get screwed next!!!!

Except for the fact Liddell vs Machida will be the first time in UFC history that a fighter will be able to beat another fighter without sustaining any punches himself. Liddell is the perfect victim for Machida.

(obviously I am joking...for the most part. Machida will still murder Chuck)
chris91301
7/14/08 2:34:40AM
UFC needed a Forest Griffin / Chuck Lidell type of guy with the belt, good marketability. But I doubt any of these guys are still looked up to as much as Randy Couture was.

Its like Michael Bispin who gets babied all his career just so maybe one day it will catch on big time in UK. I still remember Bispin losing to Hammil and the fight win going over to MB just because.
keith-hackney1
7/16/08 12:04:17PM

Posted by chris91301

UFC needed a Forest Griffin / Chuck Lidell type of guy with the belt, good marketability. But I doubt any of these guys are still looked up to as much as Randy Couture was.

Its like Michael Bispin who gets babied all his career just so maybe one day it will catch on big time in UK. I still remember Bispin losing to Hammil and the fight win going over to MB just because.

I wouldnt say bisping is getting babied dude, tko's over mcCarthy and day in two months. When he beats leben, people will start to see a champ in the making ...
chris91301
7/16/08 2:58:25PM
i havent seen him lately. up until Hammill fight he was pretty much babied.

i dont know if Dana decided to make things a bit tougher for him because there was a lot of negativity about this in the past.
keith-hackney1
7/16/08 3:17:52PM

Posted by chris91301

i havent seen him lately. up until Hammill fight he was pretty much babied.

i dont know if Dana decided to make things a bit tougher for him because there was a lot of negativity about this in the past.

I can see where you are on that one, dana was using bisping as a marketable fighter to sell tickets in the uk. Now the UFC has settled here, Bisping can face tougher guys. I do think if he was to face silva in his next fight, he's rise to the occasion and give anderson a good fight. He wouldnt win, but what im saying is i think bisping is much better now, and i think he will get better and better the more times he gets to fight each year. If he can fight 3/4 fights a year, he will knock up so much confidence fight after fight and eventually get some respect from ufc fans.
Pages: 1 [2]