Lyoto Machida Poster

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Lyoto Machida Poster
gsquat
10/14/08 10:10:12AM
K. Here it is. Completely finished. I think it turned out pretty well. All the layers look good together. The price per print is $30 shipped. It'll be signed and numbered. There will be 50 prints in all (12 already reserved). I'll be posting this in some other forums (somethingawful and a couple others). I've considered sherdog, but my better judgement took hold. So if you're interested and would like one, let me know soon. Once again, thanks to everyone for the props and support along the way.

Branwest
10/14/08 10:43:54AM
Great poster. Machida's one of my favorite fighters.
grappler0000
10/14/08 10:49:05AM
Is that real Tito blood?
bullettdodger
10/14/08 12:30:37PM

Posted by grappler0000

Is that real Tito blood?

It suuuuuuure is
JoeySteel
10/14/08 12:34:17PM
Great poster. You should wait 6 months for it to say LHW Champion.

MMAcca
10/14/08 1:45:16PM

Posted by JoeySteel

Great poster. You should wait 6 months for it to say LHW Champion.

Or just put it on there now and wait for the inevitable to happen
ohiostate1016
10/14/08 2:42:22PM
Is it just me, or were people talking about this guy being one of the most boring fighters in the sport about a year ago?

I never thought that he was boring..just a different type of fighter (sort of like Yushin Okami). He has a style that is different than most American MMA fighters, so American MMA fans were calling him boring. But in reality, he's a damn good fighter.
george112
10/14/08 2:48:08PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Is it just me, or were people talking about this guy being one of the most boring fighters in the sport about a year ago?

I never thought that he was boring..just a different type of fighter (sort of like Yushin Okami). He has a style that is different than most American MMA fighters, so American MMA fans were calling him boring. But in reality, he's a damn good fighter.

haggiswashere
10/14/08 11:32:41PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

im not here to argue just give you our side of the story. we don't hate him because he fights different, Anderson Silva fights different from americans and he is one of the most popular fighters in america. I and many others hate watching him because he will hit the guy without alot of force and kinda skip off...repeat. Pardon for lack of a more flattering word but he runs. You can say "elusive" but ya.

Awesome poster by the way gsquat. i know you and i have had our difference but i think you are extremely talented and it looks just like him. He may not be my favorite but i can still respect and admire your work
rabbit915
10/15/08 12:29:12AM

Posted by gsquat

K. Here it is. Completely finished. I think it turned out pretty well. All the layers look good together. The price per print is $30 shipped. It'll be signed and numbered. There will be 50 prints in all (12 already reserved). I'll be posting this in some other forums (somethingawful and a couple others). I've considered sherdog, but my better judgement took hold. So if you're interested and would like one, let me know soon. Once again, thanks to everyone for the props and support along the way.

I props you once for the awesomeness of the painting but i wish i could immediately props you again for mentioning somethingawful.
cmill21
10/15/08 12:46:51AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Go look for my thread titled "when will Machida get his shot" I said that he was a great fighter long before anyone else knew who he was
gsquat
10/15/08 12:22:54PM

Posted by haggiswashere
im not here to argue just give you our side of the story. we don't hate him because he fights different, Anderson Silva fights different from americans and he is one of the most popular fighters in america. I and many others hate watching him because he will hit the guy without alot of force and kinda skip off...repeat. Pardon for lack of a more flattering word but he runs. You can say "elusive" but ya.

Awesome poster by the way gsquat. i know you and i have had our difference but i think you are extremely talented and it looks just like him. He may not be my favorite but i can still respect and admire your work

Thanks. I've had my differences with about everyone on this website. Typically just MMA related. I never hold a grudge and I appreciate when others do the same, so props back to you sir.
Ordep
10/15/08 12:48:23PM
great job

but better sell those quick before Thiago knocks him out
gsquat
10/15/08 2:45:47PM

Posted by Ordep

great job

Thanks. Was that our bet? Was it before they cancelled it?
casey64
10/15/08 2:51:29PM
Great poster gsquat, now do one for Rashad and me and you would be in buisness.
Playground_Samurai
10/15/08 6:46:57PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ohiostate1016

Go look for my thread titled "when will Machida get his shot" I said that he was a great fighter long before anyone else knew who he was

You really think you knew Machida was a good fighter before anybody else here even knew who he was? Wow Whatever dude........

Awesome job gsquat! You are definatly a very talented artist and deserve recognition.
cmill21
10/15/08 6:57:24PM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ohiostate1016

You really think you knew Machida was a good fighter before anybody else here even knew who he was? Wow Whatever dude........

Awesome job gsquat! You are definatly a very talented artist and deserve recognition.

Ordep
10/15/08 9:39:27PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Ordep

great job

its still on, common rules, no gay stuff, until next event, no hidding
roadking95th
10/15/08 11:40:05PM
Awesome job man! props for you. What are the details of the print. Size? etc...
nastshabast
10/16/08 1:24:05AM
nice work bro.
gsquat
10/16/08 9:56:20AM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Ordep

great job

its still on, common rules, no gay stuff, until next event, no hidding

I wasn't tryin' to dodge. I actually just completely forgot about it. Besides, why wouldn't I leap at the chance to pick the obvious winner in one of the most lopsided fights ever?

Edit: I hope its not @ 92 because I made a bet with someone else on the Rashad destroying Forrest fight.