MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua
POLL: The Dragon vs Shogun
Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida 71% (37)
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua 27% (14)
Draw 2% (1)
Disqualification 0% (0)
hammerhead1
7/2/09 5:20:39PM
Who is gonna win for the Light heavyweight title....LYOTO MACHIDA KNOCK OUT!!!!!!!!!! thats how this fight will end
mkiv9secsupra
7/2/09 5:33:20PM
Im not sure on this fight yet. Shogun will be the first opponent who knows how to check and use kicks just as efficiently as Machida. But Shoguns cardio is still in question. If Shogun comes in with enough cardio to go 3-4 rounds i think hell win, but if he comes in guns blazing and can only go 2 rounds Machida will KO him....

Im not sure but my thoughts so far are Shogun via TKO......flame on
Macheetah
7/2/09 5:54:29PM
Machida, TKO in the third.
KaibaThedon
7/2/09 6:00:46PM
Machida via TKO Strikes in round 2.

This is gonna be one hell of a fight though
1daveufc
7/2/09 6:02:38PM
Cardio people keep going on about his cardio.He lost to forrest because he brought the fight to Rua not many fighters have had that chance.The colman fight looked bad real bad and it was but they say it was because of the knee ops. Chuck was done quickly so we dont no if the cardio is ok or not we just need to hope he is 100% now so we can see a good fight.I like both these guys so am sitting on the fence for now.
nickcuc547
7/2/09 6:24:57PM
i think shogun may be the only lhw with the footwork to give machida some serious problems, with that said i still think machida is more elusive and deadly accurate, i think he takes a decision.
seanfu
7/2/09 6:40:26PM
Even fight the first couple rounds, Machida batters him the 3-5th rounds.

Shogun is the most interesting and challenging matchup for Lyoto at this point.
But I say Lyoto takes him out.

Then absolutely murders Rampage with ease.
Franklinfan47
7/2/09 7:01:50PM
Gotta go with Lyoto. Superior cardio, superior gameplans, superior timing, imo= Lyoto picking Shogun apart standing and securing a KO or tko in the second.
Aether
7/2/09 7:41:13PM
I think Machida will win, but I can't believe people are still going on about Shogun's loss to Forrest. The dude had blown ACLs. Get over it.
seanfu
7/2/09 7:54:36PM

Posted by Aether

I think Machida will win, but I can't believe people are still going on about Shogun's loss to Forrest. The dude had blown ACLs. Get over it.

Yeah, and he looked sharp, but no better physically against Coleman, so maybe they should've given him a chance to get back 90 percent recovered before Lyoto.

And despite how sharp he seemed against chuck, the cardio and physical condition has to be there. Because sharpness fades when you're burnt up in the second round from overtraining on two half shot knees.
Rush
7/2/09 7:58:29PM

Posted by Aether

I think for once I agree 100% with you. lol
HMA123
7/2/09 11:13:17PM
I just think Machidas on a diffrent planet right now. IMO he will be the champ for a while.
PABLOMAFIOSO
7/3/09 2:31:58AM
I think you may be right but I can't count out Shogun. I think he has a serious chance in this fight.
mmabadboy
7/3/09 12:00:46PM
I honestly dont think shogun is anywhere near lyoto at the moment, hes far from his prime and lyoto has never lost a round never mind a fight, i think shogun is just a can for him at the moment, i dont think he deserves a shot just yet maybe after one more fight but even then i dont think he would win, ahould be a very entertaining fight though
slapshot
7/3/09 1:36:52PM
Ill take Shogun, his kicks and power should be a factor.
tepid55
7/3/09 1:47:03PM
I think Machida will win by TKO or decision.
State_Champ
7/4/09 7:15:18AM
Machida by (T)KO inside of 3 rounds!
Styles
7/4/09 1:32:09PM
Styles make fights, and Shogun has the style to take machida out. Everyone keeps talking about cardio this, and cardio that. Look at how machinda fights, this isn't going to be a fast paced fight. I have said for months that Machida will be champ for a long time, I dont think there is anyone around to beat him except Shogun.... little did I know shogun would have gotten a fight liek this so quickly.

This is the perfect oppurtunity for shogun to go back to his old ways. If we dont see the return of Shogun here, chances are, we will never see shogun again. He is still young, has a huge amount of talent and can def. beat Machida. I am a huge fan of both, but I have to go with Shogun.
Boo_Radley21
7/5/09 10:32:19AM
The bottom line in this fight is that Shogun hasn't shown me anything since coming to the UFC that would make me believe he can beat Machida. I just don't understand when people are gonna jump off Shoguns balls. He beat Coleman and Liddell...