If Lyoto fights Rashad?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Lyoto fights Rashad?
Tank5000
12/29/08 1:36:14PM
What would a fight between Machida and Evans look like?
wiggum
12/29/08 1:46:31PM
not fighter bashing here, but i think it would have a high potential of being very boring....machidas fights tend to be exciting when his opponent pushes the pace, and evans tends not too.......i think that this fight is one of two acceptable title defenses for rashad (the other being rampage)...i see lyoto taking the decision....cuz man, i think its just a bad style matchup for evans...as with any lyoto opponent
GrizzlyChadams
12/29/08 1:48:07PM
I'd much rather see Rampage knock Rashad out and fight Machida. Rampage vs Machida is a fight i'd be very excited to see.
chickmagnet
12/29/08 1:53:17PM
Lyoto will out move him, he will force Rashad to attack and Machida would outscore him all night.
higdon10
12/29/08 1:58:25PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Lyoto will out move him, he will force Rashad to attack and Machida would outscore him all night.

The ideal 25 minute nap for me.
holt8081
12/29/08 3:10:46PM
Ya I see rampage and machida both beating rashad, Rashad wont have that belt long.
Wallass
12/29/08 3:11:08PM
Machida by Unanimous Decision although Rashad always seems to squeak out a win. I could see it being a much better fight then most would think.
seanfu
12/29/08 4:13:33PM
Machida ko in the fourth or fifth.
loller90278
12/29/08 4:22:28PM
for some weird reason i can't see lyoto taking this... rashad's speed is disgusting, and if anyone can make a gameplan to beat machida, it's the jackson camp.

gsquat
12/29/08 4:56:53PM
Rashad is quick, but Machida has fought fast opponent before and made them look slow. I've always said I like Rashad against anyone but Machida. It's his style. I don't think he'd win by anything other than a UD, but I don't like Rashad's or anyone's chances against him. I'd pick Rashad because he's my boy, but barring a haymaker, I don't see him winning.
Twenty20Dollars
12/29/08 5:07:36PM
would be interesting since it would be a 5 rounder.

I could see some taunting by rashad. I would give the nod to rashad.
gsquat
12/29/08 5:11:44PM
Well he only seems to taunt if he tagged pretty good. But it would be interesting to see how their two "elusive" styles match up. I stand by what I said previous though.
PABLOMAFIOSO
12/29/08 6:28:36PM

Posted by loller90278

for some weird reason i can't see lyoto taking this... rashad's speed is disgusting, and if anyone can make a gameplan to beat machida, it's the jackson camp.

Can someones speed be described as disgusting?
JimiMak
12/29/08 6:33:09PM
Don't see how Rashad could take this. Machida is better at what Rashad is good at (on the feet) and fights a diff game than anyone Rashad's fougth (on the ground). It would prob'ly be good. But look at the matches against Tito, relatively short time period so it isn't "different Tito's" that they fought, Rashad had a long back and forth w/ him; Machida made him look like a kid trying to wrestle his teacher and almost finished 2 or 3 times. I think the body of the fight would be technical (boring to the WWE guys) but that several times you would get those killer exchanges and on one of them in the 3rd 4th or 5th Machida would finish it.
prozacnation1978
12/29/08 10:42:18PM
rashad is another one and your done guy
machida, thiago or rampage could beat rashad
Jackelope
12/29/08 10:50:02PM
Machida's style is so far beyond anyone's at LHW IMO.

It'd be a killer matchup, though. Both are small LHW's with great footwork. The ease with which Lyoto not only took Tito down, but avoided his shots leads me to believe we'd see a lot of in and out combinations. To some this means nap. To me it means watching with awe.
breakdown5
12/29/08 11:24:39PM
I think if these two fought, Machida would definitely win. I think that he'll probably have to wait in line behind Rampage, but if he were to fight Rashad he would avoid his power and takedowns, then outstrike him with combinations.

I would rather see Rampage get the shot first, beat Rashad, then fight Machida. I'm thinking this is the fight we'll get.

I agree with Jackelope as well. Machida fights on another level than most of his competition. He's like a ghost..........
nubby
12/30/08 2:02:14AM
I would actaually want Rashad to win but I just don't see it happening. I feel that Machida is bad for the progression of the sport. His style is too much about scoring points and not about ending the fight. I personally hate that.
cmill21
12/30/08 2:05:10AM

Posted by nubby

I would actaually want Rashad to win but I just don't see it happening. I feel that Machida is bad for the progression of the sport. His style is too much about scoring points and not about ending the fight. I personally hate that.

Your ALIVE!
Jackelope
12/30/08 7:49:37AM

Posted by nubby

LMAO coming from the biggest Tito nut hugger ever! Welcome back!
State_Champ
12/30/08 9:47:33AM
Rashad vs Lyoto would be a clash of some of my least favorite fighters. Lyoto bores me to death, and I just can't bring myself to like Rashad at all.

That being said, I think Lyoto would win because he is impossible to tag, and that seems to be Rashad's strong point lately.
As long as Rashad loses the belt quickly then I'll be happy.
(I would really like Rampage to beat Rashad for the title though)
bls1919
12/30/08 6:38:26PM
I think by the 3rd or 4th Rashad would grow tired of Machida and try to attack agressively and would go nighty night. WAR MACHIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 he will reign at 205 as soon as he gets his shot.