Luke Rockhold wants Vitor Belfort, UFC vs. Strikeforce theme at UFC on FOX 7

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Luke Rockhold wants Vitor Belfort, UFC vs. Strikeforce theme at UFC on FOX 7
FastKnockout
1/21/13 6:35:19PM
If the UFC wants to put together a champion-vs.-champion fight, final Strikeforce middleweight titleholder Luke Rockhold is down for a matchup with UFC champ Anderson Silva. But if Rockhold gets his wish, April's UFC on FOX 7 event could have a pretty interesting theme.

Link
JLS1980
1/21/13 6:46:17PM
I actually like the Rockhold vs Belfort fight more than Rockhold vs Phillipou fight that was being talked about last week.
sparky
1/21/13 7:09:56PM
Rockhold cant make up his mind, he dont know who he wants to fight. On a side note this would make for a great match up
voodoo-jitsu
1/21/13 7:30:34PM
who ever he fights, i hope he loses
SamPan
1/21/13 7:49:58PM
I think Rockhold would pick Phillipou apart. Vitor would land with something big though. I just don't see Rockhold grinding him down the way he'd need to
pmoney
1/21/13 8:27:18PM
I like Belfort-Rockhold. Whoever wins would get some serious cred. Although same could be said for a Rockhold-Phillipou bout.
prozacnation1978
1/21/13 10:21:13PM
Tired of seeing rockhold call Ufc fighters out
Anderson Silva
Philippou
Now belfort
Make up your fucking mind already !!!
Besides newbie u don't call where u wanna fight
All these guys are Ufc fighters. They get to honor to fight in their homestead
Sir_Karl
1/21/13 10:56:03PM
I say put Ruckhold against Weidman. Makes sense to me.
quezocrema0032
1/21/13 11:36:56PM
In theory I really like the idea of ufc vs strikeforce considering the ratings it could do for fox but that being said it seems like a really price card that the ufc might not want to put on free tv. But if they did go through with the concept adding Josh Thompson vs Varner would be awesome to kick the card off
tcunningham
1/22/13 1:44:07AM
i think rockhold loses to both phillipou and vitor. i say make either happen though, those would be some good fights.
airkerma
1/22/13 9:11:09AM

Posted by SamPan

I think Rockhold would pick Phillipou apart. Vitor would land with something big though. I just don't see Rockhold grinding him down the way he'd need to

I like his chances against poo and don't like his chances against Vitor for those same reasons. I like Rockhold a lot and I like watching him fight. Besides, anybody who beats Kennedy is a cool dude in my eyes.
Theoutlaw08
1/22/13 10:34:33AM
I think Rockhold and Belfort makes sense. Plus it would be a good fight. However, I would see it ending like the Bisping fight.
April would be a perfect match up for them.
Plus that card would become even more stacked then it already is
BillsNewAccount
1/22/13 11:13:41AM
Don't hate Rockhold, hate the game. If they are going to give Chael a title shot at a weight class he hasn't seen in years for talking shit. Then logically, all fighters should be shouting out guys above them on the food chain.

Also, I like the idea of a SF v UFC card. I think Gill, DC, Jacare & Rockhold could shake shit up.
george112
1/22/13 11:15:49AM
Luke gets beat by both. My 2 cents
TeamDEY
1/22/13 1:36:44PM
Easy fight for Vitor IMO.
infestructure
1/22/13 3:00:10PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

You'll get your wish
BillsNewAccount
1/22/13 3:45:25PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

You'll get your wish

Where's all the hate coming from? Rockhold has put on some amazing fights and people seem to hate him for asking for tough fights. If your gunna hate, hate on Hardy for only calling out fighters who don't wrestle or hate on Chael for getting fights he doesn't deserve. Rockhold is the champ and I got no beef hearing him call out some of the better names at MW.
Bubbles
1/22/13 4:53:10PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Where's all the hate coming from? Rockhold has put on some amazing fights and people seem to hate him for asking for tough fights. If your gunna hate, hate on Hardy for only calling out fighters who don't wrestle or hate on Chael for getting fights he doesn't deserve. Rockhold is the champ and I got no beef hearing him call out some of the better names at MW.

didn't he call out Koscheck and Hughes?
prophecy033
1/22/13 6:42:47PM
I like both these guys but Vitor is my fav and I think he is a step above Luke in the striking department but if he wants to fight Belfort... so be it