Luke Rockhold off of January Strikeforce card with injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Luke Rockhold off of January Strikeforce card with injury
sparky
11/25/12 9:34:00AM
After Gilbert Melendez dropped off the card last week, Strikeforce: Champions suffers more with the loss of Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold.

The injury bug has hit Strikeforce again. After their last two events were cancelled the California-based promotion resolved to put together one last super card for January. The main card of the aptly named Strikeforce: Champions was meant to include defenses from their most prolific champions in Luke Rockhold (Middleweight), Nate Marquardt (Welterweight), Gilbert Melendez (Lightweight) and Daniel Cormier (Heavyweight Grand Prix).

Now it's looking like Strikeforce will be lucky to call the event "Champion". Last week it came out that Gilbert Melendez was forced from his fight against Pat Healy for the second time. Friday night, The MMA Corner announced that Luke Rockhold also suffered an injury.

Link
postman
11/25/12 9:40:32AM
Wow Things look like Crap on that side of MMA and Zuffa owns that side as well. That have a serious choke hold on the sport.
Lungsofsteel
11/25/12 10:11:09AM
They may as well cancel the show on put them on ufc cards. I also want Ronda's first fight in the ufc to be against Sara McMann not another miesha fight.
prozacnation1978
11/25/12 10:55:39AM
Just cancel the card already.
Can't believe the injuries.

Seems to have rapidly increased since the Ufc said they would help pay the cost of health care
BuffaloDave
11/25/12 10:58:15AM
From 3 title fights down to 1.

Looks like SF goes out on a whimper instead of a bang.
Gogoplatapus
11/25/12 11:10:56AM
injury
tcunningham
11/25/12 12:04:33PM
another nail in the SF coffin.
DrivenDavies15
11/25/12 1:06:33PM
Put Souza in against Larkin! With the event still well over a month away you have to assume Marquardt or Tarec are going to get injured.
jay98107
11/25/12 3:04:12PM
The rash of injuries in the UFC has been rough and has damaged some cards, but the Strikeforce injuries have been insane. They aren't just damaging the cards, they're ruining the cards. Tough luck.
isk
11/25/12 5:05:26PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Put Souza in against Larkin! With the event still well over a month away you have to assume Marquardt or Tarec are going to get injured.

I like this fight, provided Jacare's healthy and ready. Questions would be answered about each of these guys. Though I felt Larkin's title shot came early, there wasn't anyone else left for Rockhold beyond the Jacare rematch.
jae_1833
11/25/12 6:26:16PM
I am pretty sure we have seen this before, history is just repeating itself. Put Strikeforce out of it's misery already.
airkerma
11/26/12 9:47:19AM

Posted by isk

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I like this fight, provided Jacare's healthy and ready. Questions would be answered about each of these guys. Though I felt Larkin's title shot came early, there wasn't anyone else left for Rockhold beyond the Jacare rematch.

I'm just happy having Jacare fight.