Luke Rockhold: Anderson Silva's win 'looked dirty' after greasing and grabbing shorts

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Luke Rockhold: Anderson Silva's win 'looked dirty' after greasing and grabbing shorts
SmileR
7/9/12 11:20:22AM
"I call it like I see it and [the win] just looked dirty to me. [Silva] greased himself again. After the Vitor [Belfort] fight I saw him grease himself. I wasn't very fond of that first one. He did it again, blatantly. And then the shorts grab. And then finally the knee, it ended up legal, but it looked like bad intentions. All that together, it just wasn't very champion-like for me. I want to see a respectful champion out there. I know emotions might get high with all the crap talking, but you gotta keep those separate and gotta fight clean."

Link
sparky
7/9/12 11:32:25AM
Anderson has been rubbing the grease off his face all over himself ever since BJ said GSP greased himself for there second scrap!!

I'm surprised its now just becoming a big deal to other fighters
ghandikush
7/9/12 11:45:58AM

Posted by sparky

Anderson has been rubbing the grease off his face all over himself ever since BJ said GSP greased himself for there second scrap!!

I'm surprised its now just becoming a big deal to other fighters

Ive never noticed, its hard to think I've been favoriting a cheater, I forgot thats the main reason I dont like GSP. People want to be mesmerized and believe in legends. I think thats why noone seemed to care when Chael pissed dirtier than overeem and when GSP was obviously greasing against penn.

Hell, maybe Tito would be doing alright if he was using cutting edge designer hormones and greasing uo every fight.
ChrisSabal
7/9/12 12:43:46PM
all these complaints are getting annoying. The fight is over. Anderson won. Done deal.
postman
7/9/12 12:51:04PM
Yep that mass amount of grease from his face to his chest, that was wiped off is the reason Anderson won. Add in the illegal knee that actually was legal and they should call it a no contest. (i can't defend the shorts)
jlock003
7/9/12 1:00:19PM
Rockhold doesn't care about the greasing or the shorts, he just wants to get moved to the UFC and is prepping for a Sonnen esque affair with Anderson. After he beat either Souza or Jardine he said in his post fight he wanted to fight the best in the UFC but in the presser afterwards he changed his tune and said he knew strikeforce had great competition and he was willing to fight whoever they put in front of him. He's making a play to change promotions.
Manak
7/9/12 2:39:07PM
I'm over it but to play the advocate, if guy gets caught on PED once he is brand a juicer for his whole career even though he just failed one test, yet a guy who gets caught greasing and gets it wiped of has done no wrong and only tired to cheat once. he got caught just like the other so why the bias
MALICE
7/9/12 2:44:06PM
Unified MMA Rules

Use of Vaseline and other similar substances

Due to the Penn-St. Pierre matter, the group discussed the application of any substance to the hair or body which could result in an advantage. Absolutely "no" body grease, gels, balms, lotions oils, or other substances may be applied to the hair, face or body. This includes the use of excessive amounts of water "dumped" on a contestant to make him/her slippery. However, Vaseline may be applied solely to the facial area at cage side or ringside in the presence of an inspector, referee, or a person designated by the commission. Any contestant applying anything other than Vaseline in an approved fashion at the appropriate time could be penalized a point or subject to loss by disqualification.

The rules seem quite clear to me.
Franklinfan47
7/9/12 3:22:21PM
Yves caught the grease wipe and wiped Anderson down with a towel before the fight started. End of story.

The knee was clearly clean. End of story.

As for the short grab, its the refs job to catch that right? Yves clearly didnt see anything that prompted a point deduction.

Andersons win was clean. Stop bitchin.

Poor_Franklin
7/9/12 3:39:42PM
Inception of MMA: place the idea of a dispute into the media & the fan's heads. then in the future, when you're about to fight the guy, use past comments as fuel for the Hype Train.

Rockhold is doing nothing more than this. Trying to hype a possible fight in the future.
roadking95th
7/9/12 3:43:33PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Yves caught the grease wipe and wiped Anderson down with a towel before the fight started. End of story.

As for the short grab, its the refs job to catch that right? Yves clearly didnt see anything that prompted a point deduction.

Exactly! Yves caught Andy cheating and did what he thought would rectify the situation. Yves did not see the shorts grab. Therefore both instances were legal.
MALICE
7/9/12 3:45:16PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Because Lavigne caught the greasing does not dismiss the fact that Silva was greasing.

The knee was called clean. End of story, but the knee introduces the questions: What is considered a knee? Is a thigh striking the head legal or illegal?

Because Lavigne did not penalize Silva for the shorts grabbing does not dismiss the fact that Silva was blatantly, illegally grabbing the shorts.

Since these incidents did happen, Silva's win was not clean. Decisive, but not clean.
Budgellism
7/9/12 3:50:14PM

Posted by jlock003

Rockhold doesn't care about the greasing or the shorts, he just wants to get moved to the UFC and is prepping for a Sonnen esque affair with Anderson. After he beat either Souza or Jardine he said in his post fight he wanted to fight the best in the UFC but in the presser afterwards he changed his tune and said he knew strikeforce had great competition and he was willing to fight whoever they put in front of him. He's making a play to change promotions.

I completely agree.

He has to get by Kennedy first. Strikeforce's Middleweight division just doesn't stack up to the UFC's. A close (somewhat controversial) win over Souza and a win over a completely drained Jardine hasn't convinced me that he can compete with the top of the division, let alone Silva.

Rockhold rubs me the wrong way to be honest. He could be a legit top 5 guy for all I know but I just don't see it personally.
lohmann
7/9/12 4:03:08PM
Did Anderson Silva grease the bottom of Chael Sonnen's foot? Am I missing something?
prophecy033
7/9/12 4:04:29PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

all these complaints are getting annoying. The fight is over. Anderson won. Done deal.

This

I think we're making it a big deal. I haven't heard Dana or the commision talking about it or launching an investigation into anything. Hell, I haven't heard Chael say anything either. Chael most definitely would be talking about it, don't you think?
Dberntson
7/9/12 4:23:46PM
Silva won, there is no contesting that. I dont believe Silva's illegal actions changed the outcome, but I do have a couple of observations and comments:

1) Silva's attempt to grease was illegal, but more importantly it showed that Silva was more concerned about the fight then he let on. If he was confident he would dominate, there would have been no need to attempt to grease.

2) Grabbing shorts happens all the time, just ask Kongo. Maybe the refs should be more aggressive in deducting points for grabbing shorts and the fence. That's probably the only solution.

3) Just because someone cheats without getting caught does not make it legal. If I stole a TV, but the cops didnt catch me, I didnt get the TV in a legal manner. I still broke the law.

4) The knee was perfectly legal and a very effective shot.

5) The biggest factor was Chael making the mistake with the spinning back fist. I bet he wishes he could do that one over again.

Just my thoughts.
MALICE
7/9/12 4:26:43PM

Posted by Dberntson

Silva won, there is no contesting that. I dont believe Silva's illegal actions changed the outcome, but I do have a couple of observations and comments:

1) Silva's attempt to grease was illegal, but more importantly it showed that Silva was more concerned about the fight then he let on. If he was confident he would dominate, there would have been no need to attempt to grease.

2) Grabbing shorts happens all the time, just ask Kongo. Maybe the refs should be more aggressive in deducting points for grabbing shorts and the fence. That's probably the only solution.

3) Just because someone cheats without getting caught does not make it legal. If I stole a TV, but the cops didnt catch me, I didnt get the TV in a legal manner. I still broke the law.

4) The knee was perfectly legal and a very effective shot.

5) The biggest factor was Chael making the mistake with the spinning back fist. I bet he wishes he could do that one over again.

Just my thoughts.

Nice Post!
Boo_Radley21
7/9/12 4:35:36PM
I can't believe how much attention grabbing the shorts is getting...its not like he was warned numerous times
infestructure
7/9/12 4:51:53PM

Posted by jlock003

^^^ This sums it up.
prophecy033
7/9/12 5:00:51PM

Posted by prophecy033

I haven't heard Chael say anything. Chael most definitely would be talking about it, don't you think?

Nevermind
SpiderSilva
7/9/12 5:20:08PM

Posted by lohmann

Did Anderson Silva grease the bottom of Chael Sonnen's foot? Am I missing something?

Lol maybe the Dodge logo. Not sure why this time its a big deal. People been saying its a big deal. Sonnen is just trying to beat Silva at something.
submissionartist1
7/9/12 5:30:52PM
silva said he would not respect chael so i can see why he did everything he did and he wasnt shy about it. and if there gonna grease your face and you dont want it whats the diffrence if you re apply it they supplied it.
MALICE
7/9/12 5:35:49PM

Posted by submissionartist1

silva said he would not respect chael so i can see why he did everything he did and he wasnt shy about it. and if there gonna grease your face and you dont want it whats the diffrence if you re apply it they supplied it.

Ridiculous comment.
SpiderSilva
7/9/12 5:51:40PM

Posted by MALICE

Posted by submissionartist1

silva said he would not Hespect Shael so i can see why he did everything he did and he wasnt shy about it. and if there gonna grease your face and you dont want it whats the diffrence if you re apply it they supplied it.

Hidiculous comment.

Fixed!!!
frizzzlecake
7/9/12 5:58:16PM
I agree with Luke the fight looked dirty but what can you expect in a fight? Remember when Hughes Balls jumped into his throat from Trigg? GSP getting his shoulders rubbed? When fighters generally don't like each other fight's seem to get dirtier, but by no means an asterisk should be put on a fight, because Anderson rubbed some grease or grabbed some shorts. Hell look at Kongo's fight with Browne now that was serious shorts grabbing!

I am also still a Sonnen fan, but more importantly a Weidman fanatic!