Luiz Dutra apologizes for DQ but says Kunimoto ‘played it up to some extent’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Luiz Dutra apologizes for DQ but says Kunimoto ‘played it up to some extent’
FastKnockout
1/5/14 11:25:18AM
Luiz Dutra simply got lost in the moment when he suffered a disqualification loss at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 34, but he said his opponent isn’t completely innocent in the ordeal.

Link
Wallass
1/5/14 12:27:58PM
What a jerk those were as illegal as they get and three if not four landed. I'd like to see Dutra released as he's a dirty fighter and far from classy.
Webbie
1/5/14 1:30:16PM

Posted by Wallass

I'd like to see Dutra released as he's a dirty fighter and far from classy.

Shawn91111
1/5/14 2:02:20PM
" I assume full responsibility.....but" The fault was mine...but"

Sure sounds like you're taking the fault Luiz
xdanish020
1/5/14 2:37:46PM
This was disappointing, I was looking forward to this fight based on the stare down, blah oh well.
sbulldavid
1/5/14 3:19:57PM
Maybe I didn't look close enough but most of the strikes looked to be hitting the side of the head to me. To say that anybody knowing the rules would throw half a dozen dirty elbows and plan to get away with it is just is a pretty deep accusation. Everybody seems to love the same elbows when Browne throws them and to be honest I could not tell the difference. I will have to go back and watch that Dutra fight.
Webbie
1/5/14 3:30:08PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Maybe I didn't look close enough but most of the strikes looked to be hitting the side of the head to me. To say that anybody knowing the rules would throw half a dozen dirty elbows and plan to get away with it is just is a pretty deep accusation. Everybody seems to love the same elbows when Browne throws them and to be honest I could not tell the difference. I will have to go back and watch that Dutra fight.

airkerma
1/5/14 4:23:46PM

Posted by Webbie

Posted by sbulldavid

Odd, I didn't realize you needed to be shirtless to perform a spinal tap.
mattjonesy
1/5/14 5:20:48PM
I think fighters do play on it from time to time if they feel out matched in anyway, he gets a W and gets another shot in the the UFC.
In this case I don't think he was playing on it at all! He took 4-5 stiff elbows to the back of the head and I doubt a lot of fighter would continue after that.
traveller77
1/5/14 6:16:55PM
The way I saw it, the first one was legal then the next 2 were clearly the back of the head. Big difference with the Travis Browne elbows. His were hitting the ear and because of his height and his opponents head being lower that was much easier for him. Browne leaned over to his right so his strikes would be legal, Dutra didnt do that and got what he deserved.
jae_1833
1/5/14 7:04:07PM
Those shots are clearly illegal and he knew it, otherwise he would have been celebrating when the ref stopped it as he thought he won due to TKO.
sparky
1/5/14 8:02:55PM
This dude is delusional

Kunimoto needed to be carried out on a stretcher

I hope I never see this guy in the UFC again
prozacnation1978
1/6/14 1:25:20AM
I counted at least three shots to back of the head.