LUDWIG EXACTS PAYBACK AT STRIKEFORCE IN DENVER (+ Results)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » LUDWIG EXACTS PAYBACK AT STRIKEFORCE IN DENVER (+ Results)
MMAcca
10/4/08 6:39:11AM
BROOMFIELD, Colo. – It’s been nearly three years, but Duane “Bang” Ludwig was finally able to exact a little payback on Ultimate Fighter alumnus Sam Morgan. It was short, but surely sweet for Ludwig as he won in the main event of Strikeforce’s first foray over the Rocky Mountains.

The action was fast and furious from the opening bell, but as Ludwig and Morgan traded blows, it was Ludwig that found his range. He landed a thundering left hook to Morgan’s body and followed with a crushing right hand that put him on the mat. Ludwig soon followed, unleashing a measured barrage of strikes that had Morgan tapping out from the punishment.

“He came and did his job last time and I didn’t. I wasn’t up for the fight and he was,” said Ludwig of their first meeting, also in Denver.

A measured technician, Ludwig says it was his training partners that lead him to such a furious victory. “Sometimes I just sit back and look for the shot, my partners keep telling me to just let it go and I finally did.”

LINK
disorderlyvision
10/4/08 10:29:26AM
I was watchin on hdnet last night, there were some good fights. it was a vicious body shot on the ground that made Sam tap. I have always liked Ludwig. glad to see him win.

Vitale looked horrible last night. i picked him to beat trigg. i knew it would go to decision, but i felt that vitale would set the pace and be more active standing. it was quite the opposite. trigg was outstriking vitale every round landing 30-40 more shots per round. granted they were little sissy punches for the most part. i cant believe two judges scored it 29-28. i didn't see vitale win any round. it was a pretty one-sided fight
Jackelope
10/4/08 11:18:49AM
Damn.. I picked Morgan just because the odds on him were ridiculous for having a win over Ludwig already. +580 would have made for nice cash.
Porch28
10/4/08 12:57:16PM
Move over Gina. Here's the Karate Hottie!!!!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Porch28
10/4/08 12:58:18PM

Posted by Jackelope

Damn.. I picked Morgan just because the odds on him were ridiculous for having a win over Ludwig already. +580 would have made for nice cash.

By the way I did the same thing