Lozenzo Fertitta talks UFC Rio, Silva vs Henderson on FOX

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lozenzo Fertitta talks UFC Rio, Silva vs Henderson on FOX
Shawn91111
8/24/11 3:43:43AM
UFC owner Lorenzo Ferttita landed in Brazil and already got to work. After a trip to Manaus, where he met the governor, Fertitta went to Rio de Janeiro for the UFC Rio hype, and he spoke to TATAME about the expectations for the show, the possible return to Brazil in 2012, at Manaus, and a potential Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson clash at UFC on FOX.

"We reported this Monday that Anderson Silva could put his middleweight title on the line against Dan Henderson, one he beats Yushin Okamiā€¦"

"I would love to do that. Anderson just needs a win."

LINK
mattjonesy
8/24/11 7:55:50AM
I really dont want to see him back at 185! Let see him at 205 against different competiton!
Twenty20Dollars
8/24/11 9:47:33AM
Ouch, way to diss Okami.

I don't have much interest in Silva/Henderson 2

Just have Hendo stay at 205.
KungFuMaster
8/24/11 11:32:51AM
Nobody is giving Okami much of a chance here and I hope he spoils the party for everyone.
Twenty20Dollars
8/24/11 11:43:57AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Nobody is giving Okami much of a chance here and I hope he spoils the party for everyone.

But, he won't.
KungFuMaster
8/24/11 11:45:37AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by KungFuMaster

But, he won't.

20 Jumping Jupiters says he will.
icantthinkofanything
8/24/11 1:21:43PM
besides the lhw title defense, it seems as though Hendo is better at lhw,

maybe the mw's are too fast, and Hendo can't cut weight and perform like he had against Wandy and Bisping, even at 195 Hendo looks not as good as he did at 205 vs Fedor and Calvacante,

HENDO VS Jones at lhw is better, Hendo has more of a chance to hit Jones than Rampage. They should have Jacare vacate his belt since he never fights anyways, and have him face Bisping -Miller winner, (if mayhem is not cut from the domestic violence on his sister) or Jacare vs Stann Chael winner, to make a number 1 contender for Silva. Hendo is not in a position to deserve a mw title shot, (even if he can perform) because his wins at mw were a long time ago, and his most recent mw, he lost to Jake.
machodog76
8/24/11 4:13:53PM

Posted by mattjonesy

I really dont want to see him back at 185! Let see him at 205 against different competiton!

Me too. After the way he gassed in the jake Shields fight I don't want to ever see him at 185 again.
Poor_Franklin
8/24/11 4:32:44PM
let's all bomb fertittas & dana w/ Anderson vs Hendo at 205 emails!!!!!!!!!!!! problem will be solved for everyone!