No Love For Gray Maynard

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » No Love For Gray Maynard
jawbreaker517
9/28/08 1:23:12AM
I think this is going to be a good fight for Clementi to prove himself. Maynard is a good, strong fighter, but think that Clementi's jiu-jitsu will be too much. What do you guys think?
SpiderSilva
9/28/08 1:39:44AM
Im going with Mr tramp stamp himself Gray Maynard after that last win its hard not to
jocka
9/28/08 9:18:00AM
I think Maynrd is gonna grind out a UD.
tepid55
9/28/08 9:54:48AM
I think Clementi will win by submission late in the fight.
copcopps
9/28/08 12:57:12PM
I think Maynard will gas in the 2nd round then Clementi will get him in the 3rd
DevonFoxy
9/28/08 2:19:27PM

Posted by copcopps

If he didn't gas in the fight with Edgar at the altitude they were at I really see no way he gasses in this fight.

Grey is a huge 155 and a very strong one at that I think he can put Rich down and keep him down.

Standing he has alot of power as well though its not his best place I think he could hang with Clementi and use his wrestling to keep it standing as well and win. This would avoid the submissions which is exactly what Grey wants to do.
gartface
9/28/08 2:50:08PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by copcopps

If he didn't gas in the fight with Edgar at the altitude they were at I really see no way he gasses in this fight.

Grey is a huge 155 and a very strong one at that I think he can put Rich down and keep him down.

Standing he has alot of power as well though its not his best place I think he could hang with Clementi and use his wrestling to keep it standing as well and win. This would avoid the submissions which is exactly what Grey wants to do.

Agree. I love watching wrestlers like Gray fight, because they're constantly pushing the pace, and looking for slams (one of my favorite things in MMA). I think that Gray will overpower Rich big time, and possibly get that GnP stoppage.
Regardless, it's going to be an awesome fight.
nickcuc547
9/28/08 3:00:10PM
gray has to be careful, but i think he is too strong for rich. clementi is very slick and he won't be giving up size so he definitely has a chance, but i think gray will keep out of a sub and grind out a decision. this is going to be a close fight though and I wouldn't be at all surprised if rich pulls of a sub or even gets a tko, the guy is a very intelligent veteran fighter, well rounded too.
copcopps
9/28/08 3:49:24PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by copcopps

1. Edgar tends to fade at times cardio-wise but I get your point there

2. I think Clementi might be a tad bigger but that's what I've seen

3. Clementi has a good chin. But I definitely agree with you on what Grey's gameplan would be
pinoymixplaya
9/28/08 5:17:18PM
I don't know man, Rich has fought guys like Anthony Johnson and taken fights on short notice and win. This time he will have a normal length of time to prepare. Clementi by sub cuz Gray is susceptible to submissions.
Aaronno9
9/28/08 6:18:19PM
I got Gray with a late gnp stoppage. I can also see him being subbed though. Im literally only like 55-45 in favour of gray at the moment.
jawbreaker517
9/28/08 10:25:32PM

Posted by nickcuc547

gray has to be careful, but i think he is too strong for rich. clementi is very slick and he won't be giving up size so he definitely has a chance, but i think gray will keep out of a sub and grind out a decision. this is going to be a close fight though and I wouldn't be at all surprised if rich pulls of a sub or even gets a tko, the guy is a very intelligent veteran fighter, well rounded too.

Thats what alot of people said before the fight with Anthony Johnson, who is much bigger than Maynard, but Rich was able to win by submission.
Wolfenstein
9/28/08 11:18:50PM
This is a tough fight to break down because Rich hasn't fought a lot of top notch wrestlers, and Gray hasn't really fought a lot of well rounded guys like Rich.

Gray was able touse his wrestling to dominate Frankie Edgar so I don't think taking Rich down will be a problem, especially when Roan Carnerio was able to take Rich down at will.

Rich is servicable off his back, but most of his wins have come from the rear naked choke. He's much better at top position. I'm going with Gray Maynard because I think he'll put Rich in positions that aren't his strength and Gray will be in his position of strength for most of the fight.
gartface
9/29/08 1:12:59AM

Posted by pinoymixplaya

I don't know man, Rich has fought guys like Anthony Johnson and taken fights on short notice and win. This time he will have a normal length of time to prepare. Clementi by sub cuz Gray is susceptible to submissions.

Anthony Johnson took that fight on 5 days notice.
Pookie
9/29/08 1:19:22AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by pinoymixplaya

Anthony Johnson took that fight on 5 days notice.

Wasnt there a huge weight cut involved with that as well? Catchweight right?
fonduktoe
9/29/08 1:33:48AM
could be a great fight but i see another wrestling dominated win by gray
UFCmma666
9/29/08 1:26:28PM
i say maynard tko in the third
gsquat
9/29/08 5:53:33PM
Clementi's jujitsu will be the deciding factor in this fight. Though impressive against the always tough Frankie Edgar, it was a good matchup for him. Edgar doesn't have great JJ. Clementi does, and Maynard has fallen victim to submissions before.
bls1919
9/29/08 6:43:48PM
Grey is a force. VCery strong and very good wrestling. Clementi is also a big 155er and his strengths play right into Grey`s wrestling gamplan. Who knows maybe Grewy can KO him. Right now i have Clementi winning via RNC.
prozacnation1978
9/29/08 9:23:20PM
even if you keep rich down he can sub you from the bottom maynard might be winning the fight but i think rich will catch him in a sub late
Bowmike13
10/1/08 1:53:41AM
No offense to Gray, but he is too inexperienced for Rich. They are both going to want to be on the mat and Greay might be able to out wrestle Rich but I think e will manage to get Grays back and Choke him out.