For the love of God , Please support Ron Paul

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » For the love of God , Please support Ron Paul
Next Page »
disorderlyvision
6/6/07 12:35:14PM
jdubs
6/6/07 1:47:46PM
screw him support tancredo or better yet michael savage
disorderlyvision
6/6/07 1:47:53PM
check out the you tube videos if you are not familiar with him.

he wants government out of individuals personal lives, he wants to drastically cut taxes, smaller government, open up many of gov programs to free market, he wants us to keep our noses out of foreign affairs, he bases his votes on the costitution which he was sworn to uphold like the others, except he takes it serious. check him out!
disorderlyvision
6/6/07 1:48:42PM

Posted by jdubs

screw him support tancredo or better yet michael savage

you cant be serious
jdubs
6/6/07 1:49:59PM
what is so funny about liking someone who is not a pussy and has some balls
disorderlyvision
6/6/07 1:56:17PM
michael savage is a warped individual.
nothing wrong liking somone with balls, but i consider myself to be a libertarian, as such i support the free market, government staying the hell out of my private life, very limited taxes, and staying out of foreign affairs.

Ron Paul is the only major party candidate who supports those views! if he wasn't running i would not vote for either party, because they both suck!
Manfred
6/6/07 2:19:41PM
We haven't elected a senator since Kennedy (and that was a bit sketchy election) much less a rep.

I'd rather support someone who has a chance.
disorderlyvision
6/6/07 3:06:03PM

Posted by Manfred

We haven't elected a senator since Kennedy (and that was a bit sketchy election) much less a rep.

I'd rather support someone who has a chance.

that is why third parties are not given a chance, everyone says they are tired of dems and reps, but come vote time they still vote for them. if they put their votes where their mouth was, the others would have a chance. Ron Paul is from a mjaor party but has Libertarian views, and if he was elected i think there would actually be some change as opposed to electing a dem or a rep and having more of the same. they are essentially the same party funded by the same corporations and lobbyist, and nothing will change with either of them in office
Manfred
6/6/07 3:12:54PM
I think a lot of folks are sick of far right and far left and let's face it, most 3rd parties are in the same mold.

Create a Moderate Party ( maybe with a better name) with the likes of Fred Thompson, Lieberman and McCain and I'd be happy

EDIT: and p.s. Ron Paul is too hot too early, definately has NO chance
disorderlyvision
6/6/07 3:25:22PM
maybe he is hot, because he is consistent, well spoken, and isn't speaking the same crap the other parties are. you may be right. he may not have a chance because he doesnt fit the mold of the current republicans, but i have my fingers crossed. i guess we will see as it gets closer to elections.

my dad likes fred thompson and paul, but he thinks thompson has a better chance. time will tell.
hippysmacker
6/7/07 4:18:37AM

Posted by Manfred

I think a lot of folks are sick of far right and far left and let's face it, most 3rd parties are in the same mold.

Create a Moderate Party ( maybe with a better name) with the likes of Fred Thompson, Lieberman and McCain and I'd be happy

EDIT: and p.s. Ron Paul is too hot too early, definately has NO chance

Actually if their were such a party. that's a very politically savvy name IMO.
loller90278
6/7/07 5:02:06PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

nothing wrong liking somone with balls, but i consider myself to be a libertarian, as such i support the free market, government staying the hell out of my private life, very limited taxes, and staying out of foreign affairs.

Ron Paul is the only major party candidate who supports those views! if he wasn't running i would not vote for either party, because they both suck!

libertarians are the wealthy anarchists.
disorderlyvision
6/7/07 5:05:55PM

Posted by loller90278

is that a bad thing?

btw i am far from wealthy, i just dont like big government, and how they trample on my constitutional rights
mkiv9secsupra
6/7/07 9:06:59PM

Posted by loller90278

im as poor as they come...but im a Libertarian.

I just hate how the government can tell me i have to do this, and i cant do that, etc.

example 1) the retarded seat belt law - Why should i have to wear a seatbelt if i dont want to? Who else is it going to hurt if i get into a wreck? NO ONE!!! But instead i have to pay for a policeman to sit on the side of the road and watch for people without seat belts on? WTF? Thats bullshit.... I support a seatbelt law for minors but adults should have 100% say-so on this.....

example 2) [most states dont do this anymore but here in GA its still here] no buying alcohol on sundays - GA is run by so many hypocritcal southern baptists that they fail to realize that they are wrong. Why should they have a say so in if we buy alcohol on sundays or not? It actually hurts the Government by not being able to tax alcohol sales on sunday.

example 3) i have to bring this up.....gay marriage. i am a christian...a devout one at that. The constitution says there should be full separation between state and church....that being said MARRIAGE SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT AT ALL. So the government should not be the ones to decide who can marry and who cant! i fully support the government on making a program for life partners but in no way is that marriage. Marriage is a uniting under god. So churches should be the ones controlling marriages. If the church says no God doesnt want gay marriage then no you cant get married. If the church says you can marry then theyre wrong anyways. but oh well.

i could go on and on about how hypocritical the government has been in the past years. The only way wrongs can be righted is if government withdrawls itself from everyday lives.
disorderlyvision
6/7/07 9:33:52PM

nice post
Manfred
6/8/07 11:01:50AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

example 1) the retarded seat belt law - Why should i have to wear a seatbelt if i dont want to? Who else is it going to hurt if i get into a wreck? NO ONE!!! But instead i have to pay for a policeman to sit on the side of the road and watch for people without seat belts on? WTF? Thats bullshit.... I support a seatbelt law for minors but adults should have 100% say-so on this.....

You reasoning is a bit weak. First off, if that cop can watch for minors, does it cost anymore manpower to watch the adults in the car. Secondly, at least in NY, they can't pull you over solely for not wearing a seat belt. It's only when they see you doing 90 with a JD bottle, then they can add it to the list.

Also, there are some reversals of this type of stuff already. in the 70's motorcycle helmets were mandatory for nearly all states (I forget the exact number, mid-40s) for all riders. Now only 20 states have that. 26 for minors and special insurance/safety courses.

Totally agree on points 2 & 3 though
disorderlyvision
6/8/07 11:39:11AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

You reasoning is a bit weak. First off, if that cop can watch for minors, does it cost anymore manpower to watch the adults in the car. Secondly, at least in NY, they can't pull you over solely for not wearing a seat belt. It's only when they see you doing 90 with a JD bottle, then they can add it to the list.

Also, there are some reversals of this type of stuff already. in the 70's motorcycle helmets were mandatory for nearly all states (I forget the exact number, mid-40s) for all riders. Now only 20 states have that. 26 for minors and special insurance/safety courses.

Totally agree on points 2 & 3 though

there are several states that can pull you over soley for a seat belt violation, Illinois for example. Illinois is weird though. they require seatbelts, but not helmets for motorcycles, so i think their reasoning on safety is messed up.

i agree on the part about minors, however i do not think it is the governments job to be our babysitters, i think that is up to the parents. this includes monitoring the tv and internet etc. i dont think it is the governments right to regulate these things.
Manfred
6/9/07 10:45:49AM

i agree on the part about minors, however i do not think it is the governments job to be our babysitters, i think that is up to the parents. this includes monitoring the tv and internet etc. i dont think it is the governments right to regulate these things.

I agree on tv and internet, but when it comes to physical safety, it's a whole other story.

Children (I have two) can't, won't, don't know how or why protect themselves. That's my job. However, if I have a newborn chillin on the dashboard, (I've seen that in Saudi many times, believe it or not) I deserved to be punished.

To PROTECT and serve, and that includes protecting children who have irresponsible parents
disorderlyvision
6/9/07 5:42:32PM
disorderlyvision
6/9/07 6:40:46PM

Posted by Manfred

I agree on tv and internet, but when it comes to physical safety, it's a whole other story.

Children (I have two) can't, won't, don't know how or why protect themselves. That's my job. However, if I have a newborn chillin on the dashboard, (I've seen that in Saudi many times, believe it or not) I deserved to be punished.

To PROTECT and serve, and that includes protecting children who have irresponsible parents

i dont see how writing a ticket is PROTECTING the children. it is just a stupid law issued to generate revenue for the police departments. if they were really so concerned why not turn the irresponsible parents in to child protective services.

in fact writing tickets for seatbelts (in MO it is $10, IL $75) may hurt the children aswell. if the family is poor $75 is a lot of money, and would take away from providing the necessities to the children such as food and clothing.

i do see your point, i just dont think it is the governments buisness to regulate these things. I'm sure in the past kids were put in more dangerous situations than not wearing a seatbelt. our government tries to regulate evrything, eventually the will turn each and everyone of us into a criminal.
mkiv9secsupra
6/9/07 8:55:47PM

in fact writing tickets for seatbelts (in MO it is $10, IL $75) may hurt the children aswell. if the family is poor $75 is a lot of money, and would take away from providing the necessities to the children such as food and clothing.

seriously! im poor as hell. if i got a 75 dollars ticket then someones not eating a meal and its going to be me and not my daughter. im just that freakin poor. the only reason i have internet is cuz its free for a year haha.
Manfred
6/9/07 11:38:57PM

i dont see how writing a ticket is PROTECTING the children.

I think endangering the welfare a minor is more than a ticket. Sad as it may be, foster care takes care of kids better than some parents.

I agree about over-regulation though. I like what Jesse did in MN. He wouldn't let the state congress write any laws one year out of four. Instead, they had to review existing laws and decide it they were sit valid.
disorderlyvision
6/10/07 10:52:54AM
link

sign the petition for fair treatment in the debates
zephead
6/10/07 3:42:46PM

he wants government out of individuals personal lives, he wants to drastically cut taxes, smaller government, open up many of gov programs to free market, he wants us to keep our noses out of foreign affairs, he bases his votes on the costitution which he was sworn to uphold like the others, except he takes it serious. check him out!

So what pays for the police, fire department, schools, road work, bridge repair, Social Services, Social Security etc. etc. if we "drastically" cut taxes? What government programs does he want to open up to the free market? To allow what Halliburton does? What Bechtal did for hurricane Katrina?

Private companies already rape the government when they are allowed to do the work. Bechtal dropped to ball bigtime with Katrina victims. Halliburton screw's the US taxpayers all the time when allowed to do government work. What happened with the 9 billion dollars?
disorderlyvision
6/10/07 4:37:51PM

Posted by zephead

So what pays for the police, fire department, schools, road work, bridge repair, Social Services, Social Security etc. etc. if we "drastically" cut taxes? What government programs does he want to open up to the free market? To allow what Halliburton does? What Bechtal did for hurricane Katrina?

Private companies already rape the government when they are allowed to do the work. Bechtal dropped to ball bigtime with Katrina victims. Halliburton screw's the US taxpayers all the time when allowed to do government work. What happened with the 9 billion dollars?

good question zep...

he wants to cut income taxes, schools are paid for by property taxes, roads are mostly paid for by excise taxes on gasoline. he wants to give people options on social security so they have a choice, as the government has already raped the money in SS, and it will not be around much longer. police fund themselves from tickets etc. and get state/local taxes.

Halliburton and places like that get subsidies and privledged government treatment. he is against subsidising major corporations. he for the free market. he wants to open up competition on first class mail.

again watch some of his youtube videos, as he can explain his positions better than i can. he is very well spoken and educated. he was a doctor prior to being in politics. he got into politics after we completly went off the gold standard. this pissed him off as it made our money worthless. it basically has the same value as monopoly money. he used to deliver babies and is pro life, but he said it should be left up to the individual states to decide, not the federal government, same with gay marriages.

he is a total constituitonalist and bases his votes on that.

he has never voted for gun restrictions

he has never voted to raise taxes

never voted for congressional pay raise

he wont except the congressional pension plan

he returns money to the government every year from his budget

he voted against the patriot act, because he believes in preserving our liberties

he has never voted in favor of internet regulation

he voted against the war in iraq

he wants to abolish the income tax (which is illegal to begin with)

he wants to get rid of the IRS

he doesnt want to give amnesty to ILLEGAL aliens

he wants to get rid of NAFTA and WTO

he wants us out of the UN

he is honest and consistent

he is my political hero
disorderlyvision
6/10/07 6:50:23PM
link

link

zep these are for you buddy
disorderlyvision
6/10/07 7:20:04PM
even better zep....

link

link pt2

link pt3

link pt4

pt 5

pt 6

this should answer a lot of your questions. it is from a town hall meeting in new hampshire. he discusses a lot of issues. check it out
Northrend
6/10/07 8:55:01PM
Gay people should be able to get married if they want to, they are people just like us and should be treated equally. Besides how does it effect you if they get married...
disorderlyvision
6/10/07 10:33:26PM

Posted by Northrend

Gay people should be able to get married if they want to, they are people just like us and should be treated equally. Besides how does it effect you if they get married...

what do you mean? i didnt say anything disparaging towards gays. i only said that ron paul feels it shouldn't even be an issue for the federal government. that it should be left to the states to decide by a vote of their people.

personally i could care less. whatever floats your boat.
mkiv9secsupra
6/11/07 2:15:38AM

Posted by Northrend

Marriage is a uniting under God.......NOT A GOVERNMENT PROGRAM!..... do you not realize that? Marriage is a religious belief....Nothing more. Marriage should be allowed for people who are actively invloved with god. Not any of you Agnostics, Athiests, Gyspsies, and whoever the hell else.

I treat gay people just fine. I love them as if they were my brothers and sisters. But there are some things that the Bible has decided for me. Marriage is just one of those things.
Pages: [1] 2 3