For the Love of God... keep your hands up!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » For the Love of God... keep your hands up!!!
ncordless
10/22/08 11:08:14PM
Roli Delgado gave the fight away by keeping his hands at his waist. Junie almost gave the fight away by putting his hands down and allowing Roli to tag him.

It was an entertaining fight, but talk about some sloppy stuff. I was impressed with both fighters' heart. Especially Roli... anyone else think he was KOed for most of the second and just standing on reflex? He had that look in his eye like if you asked him what his name was he wouldn't know the answer.
Bowen50
10/22/08 11:31:15PM
honestly i think that neither fighter showed much. Junie completely gassed in the 2nd round and he failed to keep his hands up pretty much the entire fight. in my opinion he showed he was a little bit better than the least skillful guy on the show. i also found it repulsive that Junie spit on a black belt in front of 3 BJJ black belts, Nog, Mir, and Anderson (4 if Drysdale was there i didn't see him) that really just rubbed me the wrong way.
Aether
10/23/08 2:53:14AM
I think he dropped his hands because the body shots hurt him really badly. He ate a huge hook to the liver and his hands were at his side for the rest of the round. He was also clearly exhausted. He needs better conditioning and defensive standup. Both fighters were pretty unimpressive as far as technical ability IMO.
jiujitsufreak74
10/23/08 3:02:03AM
well what do you expect from a fighter that didn't know how to hit a speed bag
scoozna
10/23/08 10:10:01AM
Roli clearly hasn't focused on his boxing. He was fiddling with his right glove like he didn't know what to do with his hands. There was no head movement. It should have been (more of) a stand-up clinic by Junie, but he didn't have the gas.

I think every episode has shown Junie to be reprehensible. Self-destructive behavior, followed by an effusive apology seems to be his formula.

MMAcca
10/23/08 1:45:27PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well what do you expect from a fighter that didn't know how to hit a speed bag

bullettdodger
10/23/08 2:38:34PM

Posted by Aether

I think he dropped his hands because the body shots hurt him really badly. He ate a huge hook to the liver and his hands were at his side for the rest of the round. He was also clearly exhausted. He needs better conditioning and defensive standup. Both fighters were pretty unimpressive as far as technical ability IMO.

While neither fighter showed any technical prowess i think Junie used the correct combination of body and head strikes to keep Roli guessing and eventually Roli had to keep his hands low because he simply didn't want to be hit there anymore.
Wolfenstein
10/23/08 7:17:45PM
I was stunned to see an MMA fighter that didn't even knowhow to hit a speedbag. A little boxing might be essential to your MMA career..ya think?

Junie had some great body shots, I love the liver punch. Roli was definetely protecting that right side of the body afterwards. I was pretty impressed with his chin because Junie landed some bombs, especially at the end of round 2, I thought it was all over when he collapsed. Junie started to look like Chris Leben for a minute there offering free shots to anyone with a right hook.

Junie was pretty unimpressive though. Poor conditioning and poor ring movement. His boxing was just okay, but one bright spot was that I like seeing someone use a push kick. It's one of the more under-utilized techniques in MMA, along with the side kick.
RMFG_187
10/24/08 2:17:22AM
McBlack Belt.