Need help losing weight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Need help losing weight
DJBlankenship
8/11/09 9:37:51AM
Ok, a little info about myself first. I'm a Dad, not a fighter. I'm 28, I have asthma. Diabetes and heart disease runs in my family as well. Father passed away at age 51 with a heart attack. I'm 5'10" and 240 lbs. I started working out 4 months ago and lost 30 lbs(started at 260). For some reason, I've gained 10 back??? I want to lose down to 180 lbs and tone up

My diet consist of soups, salads, chicken, and a steak once a week. All my meat is grilled and I only drink soda when I go out to eat steak. I also eat pizza once a month during UFC PPV's.

Has far has workout... I work out 4 days a week. My routine is:
20 min on the bike @ level 10........just over 6 miles total
30 min on the treadmill @ setting 6................3 miles
I usually do 5 min on the bike, 1 mile treadmill, 5 min bike, etc until I've done my total cardio workout. Only rest I take is moving inbetween machines.
I do 50 crunches on the ab machine with 150lbs
I do 50 situps on a declined bench
And I bench 150lbs 50 times
Then I sit in the sauna for 20 mins

I also take a supplement that the guy at the GNC store said was the best stuff on the market for weight loss. It's called AMP(Amplified Muscle Igniter)

My question is, what in the hell am I doing wrong?
emfleek
8/11/09 10:32:29AM
I'm no expert by any means, but from reading what you posted, it sounds like you're losing weight and gaining muscle.
postman
8/11/09 12:23:45PM
Yeah I would keep track of my body fat if I where you if thats not changing talk to a personal trainer.
UFCmma666
8/11/09 1:24:42PM

Posted by DJBlankenship

Ok, a little info about myself first. I'm a Dad, not a fighter. I'm 28, I have asthma. Diabetes and heart disease runs in my family as well. Father passed away at age 51 with a heart attack. I'm 5'10" and 240 lbs. I started working out 4 months ago and lost 30 lbs(started at 260). For some reason, I've gained 10 back??? I want to lose down to 180 lbs and tone up

My diet consist of soups, salads, chicken, and a steak once a week. All my meat is grilled and I only drink soda when I go out to eat steak. I also eat pizza once a month during UFC PPV's.

Has far has workout... I work out 4 days a week. My routine is:
20 min on the bike @ level 10........just over 6 miles total
30 min on the treadmill @ setting 6................3 miles
I usually do 5 min on the bike, 1 mile treadmill, 5 min bike, etc until I've done my total cardio workout. Only rest I take is moving inbetween machines.
I do 50 crunches on the ab machine with 150lbs
I do 50 situps on a declined bench
And I bench 150lbs 50 times
Then I sit in the sauna for 20 mins

I also take a supplement that the guy at the GNC store said was the best stuff on the market for weight loss. It's called AMP(Amplified Muscle Igniter)

My question is, what in the hell am I doing wrong?

being a wrestler /fighter i would say cut out the soups steak pizza and soda if youre really serious about losing that much weight i wasnt in as good shape as i am now when i started fighting but in my experience you should go for one thing at a time for example focus on losing weight first more cardio less benching and once doing so you will lose more weight/fat and once you are comfortable with the amount of weight you lost then you can work on lifting and such before i was fighting i was kinda chubby i then lost 50 pounds through intense cardio and diet for wrestling after wrestling season i started fighting at Marcelo Alonso BJJ Team Carlson Gracie and then started doing plyometrics and strength and conditioning as well as BJJ wrestling and Kickboxing wich added muscle and kept the fat down now that i am comfortable with my weight and work out intensely on a daily i can do such rituals as eat some pizza at ppvs and it doesnt effect me

good luck man
DJBlankenship
8/12/09 10:27:59AM
I'll try giving up the weights for a while and see if that helps. I was already planning on adding a 4th mile starting next month.