After Losing Seven-Year-Old Son, WEC Fighter George Roop Carries On

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After Losing Seven-Year-Old Son, WEC Fighter George Roop Carries On
ThaAxeMurderer7
1/10/10 3:49:53AM
George Roop can still remember the time in the hospital. Hours stretching to days, days stretching to weeks. He can remember his infant son's body going limp, Julian dying in his arms; the doctors frantically breathing life back into him.

It was then that those same doctors told him that his child wouldn't live long, that he might not ever make it out of that hospital.

Julian Blaze Roop proved them wrong, made it seven years on this earth, through scores of tests and countless appointments with baffled doctors who couldn't understand how he continued to grow. His heart finally gave out in Oct. 2009, his dad's heart breaking with it

Link
kopower
1/10/10 10:47:23AM
Good read. Wish him all the best. I couldn't imagine losing a child and continue fighting.
bojangalz
1/10/10 2:36:26PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure I can imagine losing a child and wanting to do anything but fight.

BustedKnuckle
1/10/10 4:38:43PM
Perseverence is a very noble attribute and Roop seems to have a ton of it. To push past somthing like that ......I cant imagine
MMA-San
1/10/10 6:09:37PM
hope he wins