Need to lose weight fast, can anyone help me?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Need to lose weight fast, can anyone help me?
Taylor8766
7/12/08 5:39:41PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have any ideas, or plans to lose weight fast. Right now i'm sitting at around 250lbs, and I would love to get back to 220lbs in like 2 weeks, is there any way it can be done?
joshryanshepherd
7/12/08 5:53:54PM
yeah i weigh about 198 and i want to get down to 180 or maybe 185, its not to much weight but i wanna get it off before aug 13th, shew i wish i had a close gym i could go to or a buddy that wasnt afraid to get beat on . but my advice would be drink nothin but water at least 3 bottles a day and rule out sweets from your life maybe 2-3 a week and run sprints and then walk and then sprint somemore. i would do this but im a lazy bitch sooo..lol
loller90278
7/12/08 5:55:41PM
losing 30lbs in 2 weeks is unhealthy, i'd recommend losing 5-7lbs a week. i went from 195-170 in 3 months by eating tuna sandwhiches (all day, ever day) and excercising.

but if i were you, i'd eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals, avoid any fatty foods, and cut soda from your diet completely.
HMA123
7/12/08 8:11:57PM
Weight loss or Fat loss?
When we talk about losing weight, we really mean losing fat. Weight loss can be muscle, water (fluid), or fat. Standing on the scales gives you no clue as to your body composition - so don't weigh yourself too much - it can really play mind games. Our weight is always fluctuating (often due to hydration levels). The mirror, clothes-fitting, old photos, etc -- can all provide feedback on our fat loss -- not just the scales.

How do you lose fat?
In a nutshell, it's a simple law of energy intake and expenditure. Eating more than you are using means you gain weight. Burning more than your eating means you lose weight... Unfortunately the real outworking of this is not so simple. Losing fat (for most people) is hard -- get used to the idea then you won't struggle so much with disappointment.
There are 5 principles to keep in mind - Diet (Nutrition), Cardio (Exercise), Dedication (Consistency), Goals, Weight training. It is possible to lose fat with correct diet alone (for some people) - but the best chance of success will be to apply all these principles. Even the perfect diet plan can fail if you cannot stick to it.

What's weight training got to do with fat loss?
Weight (or strength) training is not essential to lose fat - but it sure helps. A weight training workout boosts metabolism for the whole day and helps build lean muscle. Muscle is metabolically active - it needs fuel - and therefore helps you burn more calories all the time. If you are thinking about weight training - think on this:

Do I want my body to be strong and useful, or is my body only for people to look at?
Lifting weights makes your body strong and useful.

Can't I just eat less and skip meals?
It's naturally what we want to do - but it's not quite right. "I must lose weight so I'm gonna starve myself". This is where things get a bit confusing. Starve the body too much, and it gets the hint and slows down - you'll feel irritable, fatigued, and begin to lose muscle as well as fat. After clawing your way through hunger pangs and dreams of food, the chances are you will binge, or start eating back how you used to. Guess what happens? The weight piles on because your body is still in "slow" mode. Fat loss is all about calorie reduction, but a calorie intake that is too low will cause problems.

Why bother with exercise?
There are few people that have lost fat (and maintained it), without making exercise a part of their life. Cardiovascular fitness has many health benefits - primarily keeping your heart strong. Including some form of exercise as a natural part of your life will give you an even bigger chance of success. Just remember consistency! Cardio exercise could be something like; brisk walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, treadmill, elliptical trainer.

Ok now.. A little 30 minute workout i have for you... I have my people do this sometime.

Start with walk/run cardio intervals to warm-up. Work hard to raise your heart rate. You can do that by increasing incline or speed.

Perform exercises 1, 2, & 3, for the number of reps indicated with no rest between exercises. Rest 60 seconds then repeat two more times. Perform exercises 4, 5, & 6, for the number of reps indicated with no rest between exercises. Rest 60 seconds then repeat two more times.

Finish up with 60 seconds of each one of the stretches to create length in the muscles and to avoid getting sore, tight, and injured.
Single Leg Dumbell Row
1. Start by holding a dumbell in each hand and balancing on one leg.
2. Bend forward to about a 45 degree angle.
3. Pull the dumbells up towards your waist and then extend your arms back down.
4. Repeat this for the recommended repetitions.
3x10
Pushup Superman w/ Alternating Arms
Starting Position: Start the movement in a plank position. Holding that position raise your right arm and left leg off of the ground.
Return to the starting position and repeat with the other arm and leg. Hold each lift for 1-2 seconds.

Bodyweight Lateral Squat
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Start by stepping to the right with your right foot and proceed into a squat.
3. Return to the standing position with your feet shoulder width apart.
4. Now step to your left with your left foot and proceed into a squat.
5. Return to the starting position and repeat.
3x20

Single Leg Hip Extension
1. Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor or on a balance disc.
2. Raise one foot into the air and press your other foot into the floor or disc until your hips come up off the floor.
3. Press until your hips are at full extension.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat for the prescribed repetitions. Repeat with the other leg.

10x15

Medicine Ball V-Ups
1) Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees straight, both hands extended behind your head holding a medicine ball. Keep elbow back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. Extend arms and also raise legs up toward ceiling.
3) Return to start position.

10x20

Table with Strap
1. Begin in a seated position, knees bent. Now loop the strap around the lower thighs and tighten until knees and ankles are aligned.
2. There should be slight tension so the knees cannot go wider than ankles. Place the hands behind the body fingertips facing forward and inhale. Lift the hips towards the sky, pushing evenly down through all four corners of the feet and hands.
3. Only if the neck is strong, release the head back looking behind you otherwise keep the chin tucked in and keep lifting the hips higher than the chest. Keep the navel pulled in towards the spine and lift the pelvic floor muscles.
4. Press down into the hands to open the shoulders. Keep the knees over top of the ankles and the hands underneath the shoulders. Stay here for 5 to 10 deep breaths.
3x10 5 sec each

Supine Hip Opener
1. Begin by lying on the back with the knees bent and feet on the floor. Now press the left ankle on top of the right thigh. Lift the right foot off the floor and glide both hands gripping onto the back of the right hamstring.
2. Gently pull the right thigh in towards the chest until you feel the stretch in the left hip.
3. Keep the hips square, the chin gently tucked in and breath 5 to 15 deep breaths. Repeat on the other side.
1 min

Modified Spinal Twist
1. Begin by lying on the back on the floor. Now bend the knees and place the feet flat on the floor. Now extend the left arm out to the side and look to the left. Rotate the left palm so that it is facing towards the sky.
2. Inhale and look to the left exhale and allow both knees to fall to the right. Keep the knees together and the left shoulder on the floor. If the knees do not quite make it to the floor.
3. Place the foam block or a pillow between the right knee and the floor. Keep both hips on top of one and other and the knees together. Rest here for 5 to 10 deep breaths. Repeat on the other side.
1 minute

Intermediate Front Stretch with side bend
1. Start in a sitting position with legs extended in front.
2. Now extend the legs out to the side and lift the toes up towards the sky and contract the quadricep muscles. Gently push the backs of the knees down into the floor and begin with a straight spine. 3. For beginners place a strap to the insole of the right foot and rest the right elbow onto the right knee. For intermediates rest the right elbow onto the floor and for advanced grab the right big toe with the first two fingers of the right hand.
4. Now roll the left shoulder back and down and float the left arm up towards the sky as you lean toward the right.
5. Stay here for 5 to 10 deep breaths. Repeat on the other side.
1 minute

Downward Facing Dog
1. Place the feet hip width apart and toes facing forward. Place the hands shoulder width apart and spread the fingers. Keep the tailbone lifted towards the sky and gently push down through the heels. Open the upper back by rotating the shoulder blades away from one another.
2. Keep the shoulders away from the ears and press down firmly through aly acigers and thumbs. Spread the fingers push down through index and thumbs. Place more weight onto the feet than the hands.
3. Pull the navel towards the spine and lift the pelvic floor muscles. Drop the ribcage down towards the spine. Lift the kneecaps up and contract the quadricep muscles.
4. Maintain in this pose for 5 to 10 deep breaths.

The downward dog is a Yoga technique and is one of the best.

For food, try to reduce the calorie intake, stay off the high fructose.Color over white (remember that). No soda, try and drink as much water as you can.Stay active.
Now i have alot more workout programs and i could tell you alot more on food. Just ask.
Sorry it was realy long, but i tried to fit in alot.
seanfu
7/12/08 9:38:21PM
For Taylor, NO lol. Don't cut that much BAAAAAADD lol. Let me give you a piece of info if eveything hasn't been mentioned already, you cut that much in such a short time and not only are you gonna be unhealthy but you lose alot of regular mass (muscle) on top of that you will make your body instantly get bigger off of very little food.

You cut 30 pounds in 2 weeks look good for the honeys when you go to the beach (even though you probably can't lift one at this point) and when you go eat your alotted portion of 3 saltine crackers for lunch you gain five pounds.

I know I exaggerated just a little but your body will go into emergency mode and stare anything new that you eat.

Energy, strength, explosiveness, speed, even sharpness of mind can be shot to nothing.
Jackelope
7/13/08 1:37:45AM
Well, now...

I intended to make some time today to respond to this post, but it's clearly been covered already by HMA123. He did a great job elaborating on aspects of weight loss.