Who will be the next to lose their title...ufc/pride??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who will be the next to lose their title...ufc/pride??
hathcock32
2/13/07 11:29:42PM
Who will be the first MMA star to lose their belt....other than the 2 belt fight between wandy and hendo?? ufc and pride?
Gladiator
2/13/07 11:50:01PM
i think it will be tim sylvia depending on when cro cop gets a title shot, a lightweight title shot has been a long time coming though and i dont think sherk will have the belt too much longer. i think GSP is most secure with the belt at the moment but who knows? hughes might bring a better gameplan to the rematch or diego sanchez may prove to be the champ many doubt he is.
Playground_Samurai
2/13/07 11:59:00PM
I'd agree it will be Tim Sylvia. With CC lurking around the corner, his title is definatly in danger. I actually do believe Sylvia has a shot at winning that fight, but I would definatly put my money on CC.

I would also have to put Silva as a potential loser in one of his upcoming fights. The odds would definatly be in his favor, but I believe Swick could pull off the upset with all the energy and confidence he'd bring into the fight.

So Sylvia would be my pick with Silva being a close second.
OB_Juan
2/14/07 12:03:21AM

Posted by hathcock32

Who will be the first MMA star to lose their belt....other than the 2 belt fight between wandy and hendo?? ufc and pride?

Dude, you start a lot of threads asking questions but never seem to offer your own opinion.

And in case nobody else has told you this yet, Wand/Hendo is only for the 205 lb belt. No way Wand is going to make 183 lbs.
OB_Juan
2/14/07 12:04:33AM
As per the question, if Marquardt gets the next title shot then the answer is Anderson.
argile
2/14/07 12:25:39AM
sherk.
OB_Juan
2/14/07 12:26:43AM

Posted by argile

sherk.

Franca ain't beating Sherk. So who is?
hathcock32
2/14/07 1:28:39AM
Im gonna say its going to by tim...but its gonna be in his next fight agianst Captain America
cssltx
2/14/07 3:13:58AM
Im going to go out on a limb and say Gomi...hey you never know!
Svartorm
2/14/07 3:25:20AM
Gomi - Not too much competition in his class, and never fights for his title.
Henderson - Possible, but not probable, but also never fights fro his title.
Wandy - Lil Nog has a good chance, but that fights slow to happen
Fedor - Not for at least a few more years.

Sherk - Tough division, but won't be fighting for awhile because of his sholder.
GSP - Will have the belt for awhile I bet.
Silva - Depends on who hes up against next
Liddel - Only real concern is Rampage, and only if Rampage gets a few more fights before they throw him at Liddel.
Sylvia - Couture has a chance, Cro-cop has a much better chance.

It really depends on who fights who, but Sylvia and Silva will probably be the first to lose it, mostly because I don't think UFC wants them as champs anymore.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 3:58:27AM

Posted by cssltx

Im going to go out on a limb and say Gomi...hey you never know!

who is Gomi fighting for the title?

not diaz...

prolly Sylvia...if you keep fighting the same way every fight,they're gonna figure him out sooner or later

i dont see GSP losing a 5 round fight nor Sherk

either Sylvia or Silva...
Stickan
2/14/07 4:55:07AM
Gomi will be protected until he retires. Otherwise I'd say him.
Now Anderson feels like the natural choice. Not because I'm disappointed or anything in his last performance, I just think Nate's got his number.
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/07 12:35:46PM
I'd have to go with Wandy...

Lil Nog & Arona are both gunning for him...

Also Shogun if they meet in a GP final.

That's some really tough competition.
loller90278
2/14/07 12:43:04PM

Posted by Stickan

Gomi will be protected until he retires. Otherwise I'd say him.
Now Anderson feels like the natural choice. Not because I'm disappointed or anything in his last performance, I just think Nate's got his number.

sakakikabara said theres gonna be a title defense every ppv now.. (after feb.24th) so i dunno about gomi bein protected

hippysmacker
2/14/07 1:12:06PM

Posted by Svartorm

Henderson - Possible, but not probable, but also never fights fro his title.
Wandy - Lil Nog has a good chance, but that fights slow to happen
Fedor - Not for at least a few more years.

Sherk - Tough division, but won't be fighting for awhile because of his sholder.
GSP - Will have the belt for awhile I bet.
Silva - Depends on who hes up against next
Liddel - Only real concern is Rampage, and only if Rampage gets a few more fights before they throw him at Liddel.
Sylvia - Couture has a chance, Cro-cop has a much better chance.

It really depends on who fights who, but Sylvia and Silva will probably be the first to lose it, mostly because I don't think UFC wants them as champs anymore.

Best point of the thread to me. Pride rarely has their champ's defend , so it will most likely be a UFC champ.Hendo could upset Wandy, but I make it 2 to 1 Wandy. I thionk LIL Nog would win , if they ever fought. I'll agree with Cro-cop taking Sylvia, unless The UFC bring's in Lindland. I think his style would frustrate Anderson.
madmarck
2/14/07 1:54:22PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by argile

sherk.

Franca ain't beating Sherk. So who is?

I can see BJ Penn Whooping his ass royally after the Pulver fight.

But i think its gonna be Anderson Silva. That guy has proved that he can be taken down. I think Okanmi or Marquardt could beat him if they took him down.
jwvincent32
2/14/07 3:37:45PM
I think anderson will have his belt for a while I think everybody forgets that yes he can be taken down but he is a blck belt in bjj as for Tim randys going to win the belt in march just my thoughts
AchillesHeel
2/14/07 4:14:21PM
Tim Sylvia is my guess. I think he'll beat Couture and lose to Cro Cop.
gimp1967
2/14/07 4:18:47PM
I think Sylvia's gonna lose it to Capt. America
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 3:14:33PM
Im gonna say Chuck I dont see him beating Rampage well at least I dont want him too.
jocksmall
2/18/07 12:34:00PM
big tim will lose when cro-cop gets a shot
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/19/07 9:34:17PM

Posted by Svartorm

I agree with the rest of your post but I think the Pride LW division is really deep in talent. Moreso than the UFC. IMO
loller90278
2/19/07 9:50:58PM
wandy, on saturday!!
deadcore
2/19/07 10:21:42PM
i agree with hippyhugger
BrAeDeN91
2/19/07 10:57:40PM
tim has a good chance to lose his belt against randy.
and i wouldnt count out diaz against gomi. it depends on when the title holders fight
ac_gi
2/19/07 11:07:21PM

Posted by BrAeDeN91

tim has a good chance to lose his belt against randy.
and i wouldnt count out diaz against gomi. it depends on when the title holders fight

Gomi's belt is not on the line this weekend. So it wont be him.

Wandy will lose his belt to Henderson.