Lorenzo reveals UFC future plans

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lorenzo reveals UFC future plans
Wolfenstein
3/26/09 3:10:46PM
Lorenzo was recently over at the UG, pretty much doing a Q & A, and this is pretty much the breakdown...

-They are hard at work getting Ken Flo and BJ set for August 8th in Philly.
-The UFC will probably never do a show in Japan, as they ae too difficult to work with.

-He wants to go back to Chicago, possibly the United Center before the end of 09'.

-Brazil has been hard to develope, and they will probably do a show in Australia before they do one in Brazil.

-He has never met Fedor, but he would like to.

-Would like to do a show in Western Canada.

-The ramp will not be brought back.

-Next St. Patricks day show will either be in Dublin or Boston.

-They went on air in France and their first show was the second highest rated show in French tv for that night. UFC is huge in France.

- They are currently trying to work out a date for Detroit.

-No more comeback seasons for TUF, they have something better planned that will completely blow everyones mind.
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/09 4:31:53PM

-No more comeback seasons for TUF, they have something better planned that will completely blow everyones mind.

we'll see about that.....
emfleek
3/26/09 4:44:17PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

A season featuring guys who are "on their way out"...aka guys who haven't been released from their contract(s) but need an impressive showing to avoid it.
lohmann
3/26/09 5:20:55PM

Posted by emfleek

A season featuring guys who are "on their way out"...aka guys who haven't been released from their contract(s) but need an impressive showing to avoid it.

Cancelled? I can hope.
CwB
3/26/09 5:31:42PM

Posted by emfleek

Serious? If thats true i dont know how much i like that idea but at least its a new idea

i would rather watch prospects fight for their spot in the big show then sub par fighters scrambling to keep their job
pv3Hpv3p
3/26/09 5:35:54PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

First off, thanks for the summation... It's good to know what the head honcho is thinking...

Secondly, I hope that Lorenzo's idea of "blowing fans' minds" is a little more exciting than Dana's.... (ie.. Announcing the coaches for next season or something equally lame)
emfleek
3/26/09 5:43:52PM

Posted by CwB

Posted by emfleek

Serious? If thats true i dont know how much i like that idea but at least its a new idea

i would rather watch prospects fight for their spot in the big show then sub par fighters scrambling to keep their job

Just a guess, actually.
Mattchoo
3/26/09 6:36:57PM
Maybe even a TUF of actual contenders or there abouts from a division battling it out over a period of time? Could be tasty but extremely unlikely..
Dragoslav
3/26/09 7:15:45PM
The ramp will not be brought back?
grappler0000
3/26/09 8:29:02PM

Posted by Dragoslav

The ramp will not be brought back?

I thought this one was obvious actually.
ncordless
3/26/09 8:53:21PM

A Battle Royale?

Make them live on a bus and fight in a different city every night?

Professional Athletes from other sports?

Make them live on a desert island Survivor-style and fight in a ring of fire?

Ban Drinking each other's urine?

We Shall See
tmas
3/27/09 8:56:54AM
i have for a while been told by some people that are trustworhty that there will be some sort of "TUF Tourny" Last i heard was a MW, and HW Tourny on TUF they will bring in the top 8ish fighter in each WC and they fight for either #1 contendership or possibly even the title.....
pv3Hpv3p
3/27/09 11:07:22AM

Posted by tmas

i have for a while been told by some people that are trustworhty that there will be some sort of "TUF Tourny" Last i heard was a MW, and HW Tourny on TUF they will bring in the top 8ish fighter in each WC and they fight for either #1 contendership or possibly even the title.....

This sounds awesome, but unfortunatley too good to be true... hope I'm wrong though