loosing motivation

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » loosing motivation
cloud301336
9/30/09 6:01:58PM
anything i can do to keep me motivated. I'm starting to get broad during my workouts, and sometimes i wont workout for a week cause i have no motivation.
Anything will help thx.
Rush
9/30/09 6:12:41PM
I've lost a lot of my motivation over the years. Part of it is that I am getting old and also the priorities in my life are changing.

However, I have found three things help motivate me.

1) Set a goal and time limit for the goal. Make the goal ambitious, but attainable. Whether it is a race, tournament or fitness goal(s), just say it and make it happen. I found that saying your goal publicly (i.e. facebook or the forums) is a good way to put a little pressure on yourself to help you get going.

2) If you normally work out on your own, try to get a friend involved, even if it is for only one workout a week. A friend can help motivate you, but can also help coach you with a different workout than what you are used to. Also, if you know you have a buddy waiting for you to work out, you are more likely to get your ass over there and do it.

3) Change your workout environment. It may be the same workout that you normally do indoors, but by just doing it outside you can make it fresh and interesting again.
Jackelope
9/30/09 7:18:43PM

Posted by Rush

I've lost a lot of my motivation over the years. Part of it is that I am getting old and also the priorities in my life are changing.

However, I have found three things help motivate me.

1) Set a goal and time limit for the goal. Make the goal ambitious, but attainable. Whether it is a race, tournament or fitness goal(s), just say it and make it happen. I found that saying your goal publicly (i.e. facebook or the forums) is a good way to put a little pressure on yourself to help you get going.

2) If you normally work out on your own, try to get a friend involved, even if it is for only one workout a week. A friend can help motivate you, but can also help coach you with a different workout than what you are used to. Also, if you know you have a buddy waiting for you to work out, you are more likely to get your ass over there and do it.

3) Change your workout environment. It may be the same workout that you normally do indoors, but by just doing it outside you can make it fresh and interesting again.

Spot on A lot of these things have helped me out over the years.

Here's a few more- Change the time you work out at. Now, if you're one of those people who NEEDS to work out at a certain time period of the day in order to meet your goals or in order to have the time... this won't work. However, if you don't fall into these categories and you work out at a gym this can be great for motivation. You'll see new people at the gym and hopefully the new hot chicks will motivate you even more

Change your workout in general. Again, this is if you're not on a specific workout routine and you've got room for flexibility. Last year I hit a deep lack of motivation, and so I changed from doing isolated muscle group exercises to full body workouts a couple of days a week. This really motivated me and the new kind of challenge absolutely wrecked my body. Which, to me, is a source of enjoyment.
RyanC
10/1/09 6:56:23AM
Lack of motivation is a problem for me sometimes also. I don't really love to lift weights, but I'm trying to improve my strength and endurance for the sake of my MMA/BJJ training. I train just for the fun of it, but keeping in good condition is still essential.

I've basically just started doing free for all type workouts. I do what I feel like day to day, and try to keep some method to the madness, but I basically just do what I want. I like full body workouts rather than focusing on specific muscle groups, so that tends to keep me interested, and I've discovered I really enjoy the clean and press and the deadlift, which are great full body strength builders.

Overall it's pretty simple for me. I have a handful of go to exercises that I use all the time, and then I just mix in other stuff to supplement those and keep things fresh. Variety is the spice of life.
UFCmma666
10/1/09 3:03:43PM
think about the best you ever had then multiply it by 867 and imagine it then win a fight and that dream is youre reality