We could be looking at mir/lesar 2 for the unification of titles

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » We could be looking at mir/lesar 2 for the unification of titles
MFOTHER
9/2/08 5:06:20PM
wow. imagine hearing that a couple months ago....or weeks ago!

not the most likely situation, but there are only 4 fighters and only so many possible outcomes.
juanez13
9/2/08 5:07:31PM
I dont think Mir will beat Nog, but I do see Brock having the ability to beat Randy.
MFOTHER
9/2/08 5:08:18PM
i want making any predictions. it is just something i would have never thought about recently
DevonFoxy
9/2/08 5:11:45PM
I give that about a .01% of a chance of happeneing. Lesnar has to beat Randy and Randy has incredible game plans on top of that I think Randy can easily expose Lesnar's stand up with his dirty boxing.

Mir has nothing on Nog so I don't understand how he can win that fight.
MALICE
9/2/08 5:25:41PM
If someone would have said that a few months ago I would have only had one response, Erroneous!!!! But that is the sport of mma. It is crazy. Lesnar has the ability to beat Couture, so he's in. But Mir and Nog will be a tough battle. Anything could happen in that fight. Who has the better jits or will their ground games be nullified. Guess we will wait and see.
Twenty20Dollars
9/2/08 5:36:13PM
Yeah I dont see Mir beating Big Nog, even if mir wins. I think by that time Lesnar stand up will dominate Mir and win.

Lesnar beats couture BTW.
Ayuka
9/2/08 6:15:26PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I give that about a .01% of a chance of happeneing. Lesnar has to beat Randy and Randy has incredible game plans on top of that I think Randy can easily expose Lesnar's stand up with his dirty boxing.

Nog's BJJ>Mir's BJJ by any rankers.

Nog's stand up>Mir's standup(arguably)

And Mir has an annoying habbit of almost always taking fights to the ground, which will be stupid if he does that on Nog. If he chooses to strike then Nog will take the fight to the ground any way.

I just don't see Mir beating Nog.

Lesnar vs Couture will be a more unpredictable match.
juanez13
9/2/08 6:22:19PM

Posted by Ayuka

Posted by DevonFoxy

And Mir has an annoying habbit of almost always taking fights to the ground, which will be stupid if he does that on Nog. If he chooses to strike then Nog will take the fight to the ground any way.

I disagree, Mir's best chance at winning against Nog would be to take him to the ground. Although Nog does have the edge in BJJ, Mir is no slouch on the ground either ( arent far apart) . Mir's BJJ should be enough to keep himself out of sub. Its like Nog vs Fedor, Nog has better BJJ, but Fedor's is good enough so that he doesnt get caught. Although I still believe Nog will win, I do think it would be smart for Mir to gain a dominant position on Nog and keep him there, that would be his best shot.
Ayuka
9/2/08 6:28:55PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Ayuka

Posted by DevonFoxy

I disagree, Mir's best chance at winning against Nog would be to take him to the ground. Although Nog does have the edge in BJJ, Mir is no slouch on the ground either ( arent far apart) . Mir's BJJ should be enough to keep himself out of sub. Its like Nog vs Fedor, Nog has better BJJ, but Fedor's is good enough so that he doesnt get caught. Although I still believe Nog will win, I do think it would be smart for Mir to gain a dominant position on Nog and keep him there, that would be his best shot.

Best shot, see, still very unlikely Mir will win.
Gipper
9/2/08 6:32:44PM
this will not happen
MALICE
9/2/08 6:39:06PM

Posted by Ayuka
And Mir has an annoying habbit of almost always taking fights to the ground,

What in the flying sheep sh*t are you talking about? An annoying habit of taking to the ground? Of course he would. That is where he is strongest. His ground game. Have you seen the UFC before? The majority of its fighters are predominantly wrestlers or BJJ practitioners. So easily over 50% of fight time takes place on the ground.
sparky
9/2/08 7:07:01PM
This is not a possibility in my opinion I dont think Frank Mir has what it takes to beat Nogueira. Nogueira is to complete of a fighter for Frank Mir to Overcome. I perdict this fight ends in the 1st rd with Frank Mir Looking up at the Ceiling.
Ayuka
9/2/08 8:47:23PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by Ayuka
And Mir has an annoying habbit of almost always taking fights to the ground,

What in the flying sheep sh*t are you talking about? An annoying habit of taking to the ground? Of course he would. That is where he is strongest. His ground game. Have you seen the UFC before? The majority of its fighters are predominantly wrestlers or BJJ practitioners. So easily over 50% of fight time takes place on the ground.

Which is why Nog wins.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/2/08 9:44:42PM
this wont happen. I expect lesnar to beat randy and nog to beat mir. Please watch mir vs marcio cruz and tell me he's still going to beat nog.
fonduktoe
9/3/08 1:12:06AM
if this rematch did happen (odds are it won't) i would pick lesnar for the win as long as mazzagati isn't the ref