Looking beyond Dream 6

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Looking beyond Dream 6
Mchubb316
9/10/08 1:30:23AM
After the MW Grand prix is over, and hoping Dream still runs its promotion. I heard they were having some trouble? Does Dream do a LHW Grand prix? Do they have a card where the Grand prix champions defend their belts? I really hope this org. thrives, and continues to succeed. They have a good stable of fighters that they can build around, and come close to what Pride had going before their demise.
DiabloFreak56
9/10/08 1:23:09PM

Posted by Mchubb316

After the MW Grand prix is over, and hoping Dream still runs its promotion. I heard they were having some trouble? Does Dream do a LHW Grand prix? Do they have a card where the Grand prix champions defend their belts? I really hope this org. thrives, and continues to succeed. They have a good stable of fighters that they can build around, and come close to what Pride had going before their demise.

i hope it doesnt fail every card has been exciting to watch so far. and this card might be the best. with the MW GP finals cc and overeem and diaz vs saku...

i dont see how it fails with a card like that
Rush
9/10/08 2:41:51PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I heard they were in financial trouble too, but it was from an alleged UFC loving blogger, so I took it with a huge grain of salt.
Wolfenstein
9/10/08 3:33:50PM
Dream is in financial trouble. MMA in general is on the decline in Japan. Now the only MMA fights that seem to really garner any interest are the "freakshow fights".

I hope Dream survives. They've put on some of the best shows as of late, but they need to do something to stir the pot. Like landing a fight between Emelienenko and a Judo gold medalist. At least one similar kind of matchup a show, the kind of fights that stirs interest in Japan.
Mchubb316
9/10/08 8:14:37PM
If Dream could somehow get Fedor on for a NYE show, that would greatly boost its popularity in Japan. Dream is great to watch. I stay up for the shows, and never regret it, no matter how tired at work I am the next day. I think it is a great MMA promotion for the true MMA fan.
mrkennedy
9/10/08 8:24:09PM
heavyweight gp

Cro Cop
Overeem
Kharitonov
Fedor
Jeff Monson
Barnett
Big Tim
etc.
cmill21
9/11/08 12:17:26AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Dream is in financial trouble. MMA in general is on the decline in Japan. Now the only MMA fights that seem to really garner any interest are the "freakshow fights".

I hope Dream survives. They've put on some of the best shows as of late, but they need to do something to stir the pot. Like landing a fight between Emelienenko and a Judo gold medalist. At least one similar kind of matchup a show, the kind of fights that stirs interest in Japan.

Dream isn't in financial trouble, they are owned by FEG, so there not in financial trouble lol. They're having troubles drawing ratings, they are putting on "american" mma cards, and they lack the Japanese matchups that get ratings there. I have heard that the only way Dream dies is if FEG's boss comes out of prision and shuts it down to start his own mma org.
breakdown5
9/11/08 7:21:32PM
I believe all the trouble rumors stemmed from rumors that they were going to lose their TV deal in Japan. I certainly hope they stick around. They have put on some great cards ( way better than the rest of the secondary league promotions). I'm stoked for the fights at the end of the month with the MWGP, Kharitonov, CC, and Diaz vs. Sakurai, the show couldn't be anything but good.

EDIT: The Diaz/Sakurai fight is off and I am bummed.