I just found this since I never really look around on Sherdog. Power Rankings.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » I just found this since I never really look around on Sherdog. Power Rankings.
POLL: What did you think?
Good 0% (0)
Bad 12% (2)
Rankings Terrible 47% (8)
Cool to see 41% (7)
seanfu
5/21/08 9:18:32PM
A lot of people have probably already seen these but I think it's worth looking at. The rankings are rediculus but are still interesting because it's a mathematical way of looking at fighters.

http://www.sherdog.com/stats/powerratings.asp?stats_page=upr_fighter_current.asp

http://www.sherdog.com/stats/powerratings.asp?stats_page=upr_fighter_current.asp

Not sure whether I did the hyperlink right. I'm a technical R-tard lol
SmileR
5/21/08 9:22:55PM
I don't get what they are! Could you please explain it a little?
Haha unless its just me being retarded as usual!

cmill21
5/21/08 9:25:17PM
lol I don't quite understand what the peramiters are?
holt8081
5/21/08 9:30:15PM
ya that just not make no sence.
grappler0000
5/21/08 9:33:25PM
Power Ratings are a statistical approach designed to provide an unbiased answer this age-old question. The Power Ratings use complex mathematical calculations to rank fighters, based on several factors:

1. The outcome of the match.

2. The quality of the opponent at the time of the match. Example: A win over an opponent who is on a winning streak is worth more than a win over that same opponent 2 years later after he's on a losing streak.

3. The sum of points generated for each match determines the power rating of the fighter.

4."Current" rankings only include the fighter's most recent matches.

5. The "Career" rankings include the fighter's entire career.

These rankings may or may not correspond with "reality." They are simply a mathematical ranking consideration.

Edit:
I think FightMatrix has a much better algorithm in place.
seanfu
5/21/08 9:34:18PM

Posted by SmileR

I don't get what they are! Could you please explain it a little?
Haha unless its just me being retarded as usual!

It is a ranking of all the fighters in their weightclasses mathematically. It ranks them by recent performances. Also record and calibur of opponent apply.

I strongly disaggree with cro cop and gomi but what can you say? And yeah, sorry about that one- I thought it gave the variables on that page.
seanfu
5/21/08 9:38:47PM

Posted by grappler0000

Edit:
I think FightMatrix has a much better algorithm in place.

I agree with that one definantly.
tdietel01
5/21/08 11:44:51PM
it looks like a ufc fans girlfriend that only know some of the names made this list

I didnt even see bj penn on the list?!?!?! that page should be erased from history!! lol
bigbubbano23
5/21/08 11:50:57PM
no good
jiujitsufreak74
5/22/08 12:35:27AM
Pure Garbage. i mean c'mon, this is not even close to good. i think FightMatrix's rankings are way better and use a better formula. some of these rankings are just plain hilarious:

CC is # 1 HW...
Evans is #1 LHW...
Okami is #1 MW...
Tyson Griffin is #2 LW...

these are the most horrid rankings i have ever seen in my life and they get a mega thumbs down