Look at how Gay Hardcore Dancing is

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Look at how Gay Hardcore Dancing is
« Previous Page
jiujitsufreak74
3/4/09 11:52:11PM
Pookie
3/5/09 12:26:04AM
Could you imagine if Bas rutten was in that crowd?
breakdown5
3/5/09 12:29:03AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by breakdown5

So I sign on to my beloved playground this morning and this is the blasphemy I see.

It's not gay, you just don't get it. I've been going to hardcore shows for 10+ years and have seen the evolution of hardcore dancing. It takes a lot to go out and dance in a real pit with other kids who could own you and try and throw down.

Labeling something gay is pretty judgemental, especially since you'd probably get eaten alive at a real show.

This is hardcore!

I'm sure they have some really "great" hardcore shows in Long Beach. If you want to see hardcore, you gotta come to the east coast.

518 Hardcore

Not to be a dick but you've never seen me, some guys on the Playground have seen me wrestle, all of those kids are about 140 lbs lol, I'm 6'2 200 lbs

And I wasn't being judgemental, that was just the title of the video on youtube

It was also the title of the thread. And size doesn't matter. A big guy walked into a show in my local scene, picked a fight, and was put into a coma and later died.

The reason I said that you would be eaten alive is because these kids don't really fight one on one. Its not a competition its a street fight. You can't come into a show around here and criticize the scene or people in it without having to fight a half dozen people at once.

And I'm not trying to glorify any of this. I think most of those guys who do such things are cretins who have missed the point of what hardcore is all about. They bring a bad image into an otherwise positive environment. Hardcore gets a bad rap because the shows are no joke, but its all done in good fun and its about expressing yourself.

Here is the negative side of hardcore:

Boston Beatdown

More of Boston's worst

And I apologize if my first post came off negatively, I'm cranky in the morning. Article about murder sentencing
jakeiceman
3/5/09 1:52:30AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

This is why i go to shows

That pudgy bald guy got creamed!
Aaronno9
3/5/09 6:59:50AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
CwB
3/5/09 4:50:47PM
hahahahahaha straight edge little panzy
mkiv9secsupra
3/5/09 5:16:47PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Hahahahahaha why is the fat man-girl-thing wearing a shirt 36 sizes too small?
cmb19932
3/5/09 5:42:11PM
sorry but hardcore dancing is gay if im in a pit im in it to hurt someone and be hurt a little thats why pits are there man not for swinging your arms and doing a stupid 2 step jjfreak posted the best example with the lamb of god show i mean really what good comes from hitting air at least when your hitting someone else youhave fun
Wolfenstein
3/5/09 5:51:31PM
To each their own I guess. I'm sure hardcore fans would find people bobbing their heads and doing the crip walk in puffy jackets and sagging over-sized jeans to be pretty gay. It's all a matter of perspective.
breakdown5
3/5/09 5:59:18PM

Posted by cmb19932

sorry but hardcore dancing is gay if im in a pit im in it to hurt someone and be hurt a little thats why pits are there man not for swinging your arms and doing a stupid 2 step jjfreak posted the best example with the lamb of god show i mean really what good comes from hitting air at least when your hitting someone else youhave fun

Just curious, but what other bands' shows are you going to? I've never seen a wall of death at a little hardcore show (not knocking lamb of god, but you really won't see that much dancing at one of their shows, I've seen them play in front of 300 people and thousands, they draw an entirely different crowd).

And if you wanna get hurt a little just get within limbs reach of someone who is throwing down and I can guarantee you a little pain. It hurts way more to get roundhoused in the face than to get pushed by some fat guy who's trying to own three square feet of space in the pit.
breakdown5
3/5/09 6:00:54PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

To each their own I guess. I'm sure hardcore fans would find people bobbing their heads and doing the crip walk in puffy jackets and sagging over-sized jeans to be pretty gay. It's all a matter of perspective.

Sorry for the double post, but their is nothing gay about the crip walk. Puffy jackets are another story.
mkiv9secsupra
3/5/09 6:33:27PM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by Wolfenstein

Sorry for the double post, but their is nothing gay about the crip walk. Puffy jackets are another story.

what about wearing your pants below your ass so other dudes can get to your colon quicker? i think that qualifies as gay...
dannyfrank
3/5/09 7:22:37PM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by Wolfenstein

the c-walk is the ****

cmb19932
3/5/09 7:35:02PM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by cmb19932

Just curious, but what other bands' shows are you going to? I've never seen a wall of death at a little hardcore show (not knocking lamb of god, but you really won't see that much dancing at one of their shows, I've seen them play in front of 300 people and thousands, they draw an entirely different crowd).

And if you wanna get hurt a little just get within limbs reach of someone who is throwing down and I can guarantee you a little pain. It hurts way more to get roundhoused in the face than to get pushed by some fat guy who's trying to own three square feet of space in the pit.

no i agree at a small show there isnt a wall of death lol but there are pits with fist flying and jumping around actually hitting people thats what im into not standing 4 feet away from a guy making windmills
jiujitsufreak74
3/5/09 11:05:08PM
walls of deaths are the ultimate part of metal shows. i was lucky enough to be in the front of one during Kill Switch Engaged at Warped Tour. you feel like a frickin spartan running at the other people like that

imo 2 stepping is pretty lame, the "hardcore dancing" featured in the thread is lame, skanking is lame, c-walking is lame and mosh pits/walls of death are the best thing ever
Pookie
3/5/09 11:17:37PM
I respect any dance that takes skill & practice to pull off.
bls1919
3/6/09 8:17:14PM
If you want to expierience a real pit go to a Lamb Of God concert and take part in "the wall of death"....the n tell me HC dancing isnt gay.
breakdown5
3/6/09 9:33:25PM

Posted by bls1919

If you want to experience a real pit go to a Lamb Of God concert and take part in "the wall of death"....then tell me HC dancing isn't gay.

I've been in both. The wall of death is fun, but nothing beats a sick hardcore show with spin kicks, windmills, two steppin', stage divin', crowd walking and pile ons. If you can get into it, its the best.

I've seen every type of music except country performed live, there is a completely different type of energy at a HxC show that is unmatched by any other type of concert or show you can go to. Its all a matter of the level of physicality that you like I guess.

To push or to punch, that is the question...............
DJDark41
3/21/09 6:27:56PM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by bls1919

If you want to experience a real pit go to a Lamb Of God concert and take part in "the wall of death"....then tell me HC dancing isn't gay.

I've been in both. The wall of death is fun, but nothing beats a sick hardcore show with spin kicks, windmills, two steppin', stage divin', crowd walking and pile ons. If you can get into it, its the best.

I've seen every type of music except country performed live, there is a completely different type of energy at a HxC show that is unmatched by any other type of concert or show you can go to. Its all a matter of the level of physicality that you like I guess.

To push or to punch, that is the question...............

I was supposed to go see Lamb of God about 2 years ago on Gigantour, but at 15 years old I was not at all ready for the Wall of Death. When I listen to "Black Label" I get pumped and want to full-on sprint at someone and just tackle them... MOSH PITS ARE FOR REAL MEN! Most of the videos I've seen on Youtube and such is a bunch of kids standing in line like they are in some sort of military organization, and start just flinging their arms and legs. I watched 5 minutes of so called "hardcore dancing" where no one even got punched once. If you are going to a metal show, you better be prepared to get brutalized.
NeaRMisS
3/22/09 12:15:46AM
I've seen a ton of punk bands, no use for a name. face to face, social D, vandals, good riddance, bad religion and the list goes on.
I would say that ninja - karate kicking ****, punching crap is pretty stupid. I am all fine for "slamming" but going into the pit to look for a fight is straight stupid. Maybe I dont see the point.
DJDark41
3/22/09 10:54:59AM

Posted by NeaRMisS

I've seen a ton of punk bands, no use for a name. face to face, social D, vandals, good riddance, bad religion and the list goes on.
I would say that ninja - karate kicking ****, punching crap is pretty stupid. I am all fine for "slamming" but going into the pit to look for a fight is straight stupid. Maybe I dont see the point.

Its not necessarily looking for a fight, its just more of a way to get out your anger. I remember hearing a quote from Corey Taylor, lead singer of Slipknot, that perfectly describes what a mosh pit truly is... Something along the lines of, "We would rather have a kid jump into the pit and work out any problems he has and get out all his frustration, then, for example, do something like go to his school and shoot people." Its not the exact quote, but you get the point. If you are having issues, or you're pissed about something, you can jump in the pit and crack some skulls, and no one is going to care, because its just what happens. And thats better then not dealing with your problems, then going postal and killing people.
Rollins
3/23/09 4:29:41PM
Storm Troopers of Death SOD, old school stuff.

Check out 2:10 of the video, get an idea of just high up the singer is. A few seconds later he dives into the crowd, and he's a big boy! Then watch him trying to get back to the stage while people are crawling all over him and grabbing the mic, he then proceeds to through a few blows on some guy pissing him off and beating him in the head with the mic. You can can hear it THUMP THUMP THUMP.
That's around the 3:00 minute mark. (if you're not into this sort of music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8eqxNrc2Y
warglory
3/28/09 8:40:40PM
I have been going to Worcester, MA and New England hardcore and metal shows for years. I have seen Ramallah, Blood For Blood, First Blood, Terror (back before they turned into Pantera), all the deathcore bands, etc, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that hardcore dancing is reserved for hooligans for a lack of a better word. Is two stepping and windmilling fun? Perhaps, but when you go to a real ******* Boston or NYC hardcore show its all about getting your aggression out in as close to a fight as you can get. Literally every single hardcore show I have attended I have had dancers scraping the pit with elbows and back kicks, etc. When I am watching a hardcore show with hardcore fans, I don't care, but as a metal fan, when that **** starts going down in a metal pit, I and my friends usually take matters into our own hands. That's not tough talk or anything, but there will be retaliation. If you punch me in the face you can bet your ass the next time you come around you'll get a punch or a nice shove too. Metal moshing is about fun and comradery, leave the attitude at the damn door.
mikevolz
3/29/09 3:56:43PM
ok.

Ive been going to hardcore and metal shows for 8 or 9 years, and I've caught the tail end of it.

what i see today is a far cry from when i started going, and that is another world from what was going in in the mid to late 90's.

dancing has changed massively in those time frames, it used to be a lot of that stuff in the video, but you would actually go for other people in the pit (not on the side) to me it was a giant dick waving contest and i loved doing it. it has slowly changed into this personal space bubble that you see in those few videos, the last few shows I've gone too, i can't dance the way i used to. Back then i used to hit people, get smashed, whatever laugh about it and joke around. The last few shows I've been too, I've hit people not intentionally, but had to deal with said person and 3 or 4 of their friends, and I'm not the spring chicken i used to be anymore and don't feel like fighting every time i go to a show.

it was that sub-culture did as a bonding thing. lots of people do stupid ****, i have a lot of movie and comic book nerds who smoked weed, a lot of people who played sports and drank themselves retarded, knew a lot of kids who experimented with pills and heavy drugs. I went to hardcore shows every weekend night and flailed my arms around like a fool and had a ******* great time doing it. Was it stupid? maybe, but it helped keep me out of the trouble a lot of my friends got into, and overall, I hope make me a better person. (for the record i never danced like any of those dumb ***** in the first videos)

now, for entertainment's sake, here are some videos of what real shows were like.

throwdown at hellfest 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PujUoxR74vs

hatebreed 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfSoAShfuQ

first blood hellfest 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL5T3eEqfyE

Pages: 1 [2]