A Look into the UFC's offer to Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » A Look into the UFC's offer to Fedor
Next Page »
BrutalKnockOut
7/29/09 11:30:15PM
A look into the UFC's offer to Fedor

Wondering just what Zuffa offered Fedor Emelianenko? Check out the link to see what the offer from the UFC looked like!
cowcatcher
7/29/09 11:35:18PM
IF that is what the ufc offered and fedor doesnt take it, he is a fool and im convinced that finkelstein is a bigger tool than gary shaw and his son combined.
IF this is true dana, the fertitas, and the ufc are truly trying to give the fans what they want to see and should be applauded for it because this is BY FAR the best mma deal any fighter has ever gotten and shows they are really willing to bend for fedor.
IF fedor doesnt sign, i will be cry.
MMA_Alex
7/29/09 11:36:41PM
Are you freaking kidding me!?

Well, I think this just puts the final nail in the coffin for M1 not being completely at fault for Fedor not being in the UFC. The UFC was letting Fedor do sambo AND giving M1 a cut of the PPVs AND allowing them to put as much advertising as they want on his clothing!

And on top of that, Fedor gets and instant title shot AND 5 freakin' million dollars a fight, NOT including PPV cuts that M1 gets themselves!

How can they not be happy with that deal!?
kopower
7/29/09 11:46:22PM
I don't know if I buy it. I know M1 wants to co-promote like crazy but turning down a cut on the ppv"s and possibly having a huge banner hanging from the cage and Fedor walking down covered from head to toe with M1 gear for possibly the biggest UFC event of all time?
mentalcase
7/29/09 11:49:11PM
No one can blame the UFC anymore if this is true
fonduktoe
7/29/09 11:53:31PM
jesus h. christ
if this is true and fedor doesn't take this deal than vlad the impaler finkeldouche has to be the worst manager in the history of scumbag managers
since i'm pretty sure he is than i'm gonna go ahead and call it
...fedor to the ufc, time of death 10:53
MisterFreeze
7/29/09 11:57:23PM
M1 should accept this deal. They could use this deal as a stepping stone towards negotiating a co-promotion in the future!!
cmill21
7/30/09 12:00:10AM
If this is true and fedor doesn't take it I will never watch him fight again.
BDON911
7/30/09 12:17:35AM
seems this deal has already been rejected by M-1
scobac
7/30/09 12:22:01AM
If Fedor dosnt except a deal like this he is going to be a hated man in mma, I also will boycott his fights, who besides barnett is worth fighting for him outside of the ufc?
BDON911
7/30/09 12:23:32AM

Posted by scobac

If Fedor dosnt except a deal like this he is going to be a hated man in mma, I also will boycott his fights, who besides barnett is worth fighting for him outside of the ufc?

werdum, overeem
Aether
7/30/09 12:28:36AM
WAH WAH WEE WAH!

Pretty large sums of money right there, not only for Fedor but for M-1. Take your cut and go build your own arena, a**hole. Honestly do they think that a co-promotion with say, strikeforce would garner more attention than covering the main event fighter of the biggest PPV in the sport with their logos?

The money is there, the freedom is there, the advertising is there... What else could you really want?

On a side note, releasing this information is a really awesome move on the part of the UFC. EVERY fan in the world is now firmly on the UFC's side, should hopefully put some pressure on them to take the deal. They'll all walk away with a pretty bad image if they refuse this.
cowcatcher
7/30/09 12:30:35AM
ok ufc, heres the plan: buy strikeforce
joshryanshepherd
7/30/09 12:31:48AM

Posted by BDON911

Posted by scobac

werdum, overeem

dont fight it man. Fedor is a jerk if the contract isnt done.

as a matter of fact hes off my fan favorite list until he does so
scobac
7/30/09 12:32:22AM

Posted by BDON911

Posted by scobac

werdum, overeem

A guy with an up and down career w/ recent wins over goodridge and hunt, and some more ufc scraps in werdum. two guys nowhere near fedors level.
Jackelope
7/30/09 12:34:37AM

Posted by Aether

WAH WAH WEE WAH!

Pretty large sums of money right there, not only for Fedor but for M-1. Take your cut and go build your own arena, asshole. Honestly do they think that a co-promotion with say, strikeforce would garner that much more attention than covering the main event fighter of the biggest PPV in the sport with their logos?

The money is there, the freedom is there, the advertising is there... What else could you really want?

On a side note, releasing this information is a really awesome move on the part of the UFC. EVERY fan in the world is now firmly on the UFC's side, should hopefully put some pressure on them to take the deal. They'll all walk away with a pretty bad image if they refuse this.

M-1 =
The_Metal_Maniac
7/30/09 12:38:15AM
I don't know if I buy this. Who in their right mind would refuse 5 million a fight and a cut of the PPV.
MMAcca
7/30/09 12:38:26AM

Posted by cmill21

If this is true and fedor doesn't take it I will never watch him fight again.

Me neither.

This whole circus needs to stop.
telnights
7/30/09 12:40:01AM
If this is true and Fedor and his management has turned down this deal I will loss all respect for Fedor. This is unheard of and way more than I thought the UFC would be willing to do. If they turn this down I have to think they are trying to avoid fighting the top fighters in the UFC because I have a hard time think anyone is that stupid.
Jimbo
7/30/09 12:41:01AM

Posted by Aether

thats assuming that these facts are accurate, and if they are WOW, fantastic deal
TimW001
7/30/09 12:41:48AM
This is crap! Damn you M1!!!! Fedor, take another damn fight to use up your contract then come to the UFC. I would fight anyone for that deal.
scobac
7/30/09 12:45:06AM

Posted by telnights

If this is true and Fedor and his management has turned down this deal I will loss all respect for Fedor. This is unheard of and way more than I thought the UFC would be willing to do. If they turn this down I have to think they are trying to avoid fighting the top fighters in the UFC because I have a hard time think anyone is that stupid.

I agree, I thnk the mma coummunity fans/fighters/coaches etc. will label him a fighter dodger, I know I will.
Aether
7/30/09 12:47:29AM
give me 10 million, spend a few million on reconstructive surgery, and I'll get my ass kicked as Fedor. Problem solved. 15 million saved.
MisterFreeze
7/30/09 1:05:58AM

Posted by BDON911

Posted by scobac

werdum, overeem

Overeem yes, Werdum absolutely not. He's pathetic.
cowcatcher
7/30/09 1:09:16AM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by BDON911

Posted by scobac

werdum, overeem

Overeem yes, Werdum absolutely not. He's pathetic.

i can only assume youve only seen him fight AA and/or JDS because he has fantastic jits and is a threat to any HW out there
ChokeUout
7/30/09 1:44:32AM
Dave Meltzger confirmed this offer, so I definetly believe it...

Ok, I'm sorry, But if Fedor and M-1 can't agree to THOSE terms, there's something DRASTICALLY wrong with them....Let's Break this down:

-Six fight deal worth $30 MILLION! FIVE MIL A FIGHT! More than 10 times what Lesnar made his last fight

-AN Immediate Title shot

-A cut for M-1 of the Lesnar/Fedor PPV, which would be the biggest grossing PPV ever...

-Fedor can Wear all the M-1 Logo's he wants

-And yes, He can Compete in his Sambo....

Now, If M-1 is STILL complaining about not being a co-promotion, I'm sorry, They can go back to Asia, co-promote with DREAM and Set up Fedor/Hong Man Choi 2 for all I care.

Seriously, who WOULDN'T accept that offer? In many ways It'd do more good for M-1 than a co-promotion would! M-1 logo's all over fedor and a big M-1 banner for the biggest fight ever (CRAAAZY EXPOUSURE), in which fedor gets $5 for that fight alone, not to mention A cut of the PPV for M-1 (CRAAAZY MONEY), and his beloved little sambo tourneys.

I'm sick of this already. I hope Dana has some other good announcements friday to lighten my spirits.

Now we know it's not the UFC's fault this deal can't get done.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/30/09 1:53:01AM
wahhhhhh wahhh

For all we know vadim told fedor the old unacceptable offer was put back on the table . Letting fedor know the specifics is too risky for vadim .

RearNakedJoke
7/30/09 6:23:12AM
what i want to know is was Fedor there for this meeting? i'm sure the ufc would be smart enough to have their own interpreter there to be sure Fedor knew what was being offered.

this deal does more for M-1 than just a co-promotion would have done. by the end of his 6 fight contract M-1 could afford to put on their own major shows with Fedor headlining (assuming he wont retire by then). they wont ever have to leach off another company until its dead again!

this just confirms to me that the "crazy russians" really are unreasonable.

i was thinking he'd be offered in the 1-2 mil per fight plus backend on the ppv kind of deal. but 30 mil!?!?
emfleek
7/30/09 8:39:30AM
Insert management bashing here.
BigIP
7/30/09 3:13:20PM
"The numbers being floated there are a little misleading. The UFC’s offer of $30 million over six fights isn’t a guarantee," Snowden learned from a source. "The number is based on Zuffa’s projections of what Fedor’s take of the PPV money would be, and the numbers they are projecting are based on selling a ton of PPV’s. The actual guarantee for Fedor is much more modest. It’s true that if business stays at record levels Fedor could walk away with $30 million. But that is no guarantee."
Pages: [1] 2