Posted by Red-Dragon
Is it me or does the censorship on this site seem to be getting worse?
I noticed a couple of threads on the GSP Grease'ogate' have been locked and I can't really think why. I mean they are legitimate talking points are they not?
Whether guilty or not the point is that I thought these forums are for discussion on current MMA issues.
Why the censorship? When I joined this site it was ace. Being able to discuss and debate current issues without to much interference from "mods" but now it's like everything is taboo. The way it's going, the only thing offered from this site will be free fantasy MMA which UFC.com offer anyway's
Anyone care to enlighten me?
1. If you have a question about a rule I make ,e-mail me. I will post the rules for you under this answer. Number 16 applies here. My post explained exactly why I was doing it, so this is entirely unnecessary. You have had too previous warnings . One for fighter bashing ,and one for insults & profanity. There are no more warnings left too you now.
2. I do what i think is best for the site. If you don't agree I guess thats too bad.I wish everyone liked what I did, but if they don't I will still do what I think is best for the site. I wish everyone possessed the abilty to reason without crossing lines, but they obviously don't. When it comes to a topic that is costing us members, and its just the same repeat arguments in thread after thread. It had become pointless. The definition of insanity for me is repeating the same action over and over and getting the same negative reaction, but still expecting a differenrt one. Thats what these arguments had become . Opinion based arguments with entrenched viewpoints by too many for them too continue. Enough people are going to defend a viewpoint that they feel passionate about regardless of right or wrong. Throw in the diehard fans of either fighter, people who are mad they picked the guy who lost, people who just love a good scandal, conspiracy theorist, haters of either fighter, and people who just think if they repeat something often/ loud enough that they will somehow make it true, and it was a waste of time.
3. If you don't like the way the forums are run, don't post here. Just so they are fresh in your mind. Here is a copy of the forum rules.
Forum Code of Conduct
Failure to adhere to the below behavior guidelines will result in having your forum posting and mailbox privileges taken away, either temporarily or permanently (depending on the severity of the situation as decided by moderators and/or administrators), or even having your account completely deleted. You may or may not receive a warning depending on the severity of your foul and the moderators unbiased judgment of the situation. Deleted/deactivated accounts are not eligible for any prizes.
PLEASE NOTE: We made these rules for a reason. You may not like them all, but to be a member here you have to follow them. If you have trouble adhering to these rules, then perhaps stick to posting in your fight camp message board or messaging your friends on the website via the Private Message (PM) system. These rules may sound a little strict, but are in place for the purpose of keeping the MMAPlayground.com community atmosphere a friendly, respectful, mature place for MMA fans to enjoy their fighting passion.
1. Do not engage in name-calling, threats, exchanges of insults, or intentionally rude behavior towards fellow members. It's 100% fine and normal that you don't agree with another member's comments, and it's completely fine to state that when done without insults. People may post things that are common knowledge, are answered in a pinned topic, or have already been posted many times before. If you care to reply, do so without the use of profanity or a condescending tone. It's old-fashioned, but remember your parents saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". The purpose of having an online community is to have a place for a close-knit group of fans to talk about the things they love (in this case, MMA).
2. Blatant performer bashing (fighters, referees, promoters, etc) will not be tolerated. Stating your opinion in a factual, non-profane manner is acceptable. Example: "I don't really like [fighter name]", "I don't agree with the call that [referee name] made", etc. Flaming/libel is not acceptable. Example: "[Fighter name] is an utter piece of crap", "F*** [fight promoter]! He/She is a walking turd!", etc. Try putting yourself in a fighters place, having worked and trained hard to get where you are, having put your body and health on the line for the entertainment of others, and then imagine reading a forum topic where people who don't even know you are calling you a piece of garbage. "Least favorite fighters", "most overrated", and "fighters you hate" are thread topics that promote fighter bashing.
4. Spoilers: Do not post event spoilers under any circumstances (except for any forum marked as a "spoiler" forum). Be considerate of other members that may not have access to view an event in their country until after you do.
5. Do not engage in any commercial activities on this website without permission from the site owners. This is not a free-for-all to buy and sell MMA paraphernalia, gear, and DVD's, nor is this the place to promote your MMA game, blog, website, or anything else. If you're a company interested in advertising your products to your users please contact us and we will help you set up a customized ad campaign for a reasonable rate.
6. Do not do any "postwhoring", which entails posting numerous one word replies, posting useless small pieces of text, or participating in things like word association games in an effort to drive up the number of posts you've made.
7. Do not be a forum troll. No one likes forum trolls. Forum trolls are users who post things that are either absurd or insanely stupid for the purpose of annoying / riling up other members. Do not troll. Trolls are bad.
8. If you have a question about something please do a search first to see if the topic has been touched upon recently before starting another topic.
9. Do not post in all capital letters, all bold, or in l33tspeak. This annoys people. Don't annoy people.
10. Please check the first 5 pages of the UFC/Pride forum, and the first 3 of any other forum for a related topic before you start a new thread. We only have so much space, and would like to keep the discussion going without people having to constantly repeat themselves. If you add your thoughts to the existing thread it will refresh to the top of the front page. DO NOT start a similar thread just to make sure people see your post so that your thoughts gets special attention.
11. Do not post explicit content: pornography, semi-clothed "hot chicks" threads, cannibalism, gore, snuff films, amputations, surgeries, or any thing else that might be offensive to regular folks. If you think that parents would not want their children to see, don't post it. We have many young members and parent/child players on the site. Just because its in the Padded Room forum doesn't mean that our young ones won't go there. There is no shortage of other sites and communities you can visit for the aforementioned topics. "Fail", "Pwned", and any other similar threads frequently get out of hand as well with one person trying to top the next, so just don't make them.
12. Do not give advice (or boast) on how to engage in illegal activities. Drug recipes, crime strategies, and anything else that is explicitly illegal has no business being discussed here. Do not advocate rape or child molestation. If you think these things are funny, we suggest you seek professional help.
13. Do not engage in wild conspiracy theory's about fixed fights on the forums. Unless an athletic commission convicts someone of it, or BOTH FIGHTERS in a fight openly agree that it happened, it need not be discussed here. There is no advantage to be gained by discrediting the sport you love, which is the reason you are here in the first place
14. Do not post your OPINION as a FACT. Two facts: "water is wet", "the sky is blue". A non-fact: "Jon Doe will beat Joe Blow and you all know it" when they have never even fought before.
15. If you have a problem with someone breaking a site rule the best thing to do is come to the moderators with it. Attacking them back yourself, which may be breaking site rules in the process, only adds more fuel to the fire. If someone is PM-ing you, and you don't wish them to, just put them on your PM blocked list. If they attack you on the open forums, it WILL get them in trouble have no fear. Practice the discipline and self-control of a martial artist by resisting the temptation to retaliate and letting the mods fire back for you with a ban or suspension instead
16. If you have a problem, correction, or suggestion please contact the ADMIN. Starting a thread designed to attack a moderator or anyone else who runs the site is rude and counterproductive. Insulting the people in charge won't help your cause. The moderators work here for free, because they care about this site and are devoted mixed martial arts fans. They are also humans who have feelings, and are bound to make mistakes from time to time. Trying to embarrass them when they spend a lot of unpaid time making this site habitable for all is a fruitless activity. Starting threads about banned members and attacking the sites moderators for banning them on the open forums is also prohibited; let bygones be bygones.
17. If there is a scoring problem with an event, first check the MMA Playground Game Talk forum before e-mailing us. Often there will be a thread on it, with explanations for the difference in what happened. If there IS NOT a thread on it, then by all means e-mail us!
18. Do not post uncredited or unreliable rumors on our forums. Yes, even the major mma websites get things wrong from time to time, but they are generally reliable. If they are proven wrong we will remove the thread when we find out.
19. Do not post all your picks in a thread, and ask others to do the same, until an event is locked. We area all competing against each other, so why you would want anyone to know all your picks? Often the people who post these threads are just begging to see what others think because they are undecided themselves. It doesn't make a lot of sense to help people who are not in your fight camp to beat you.
20. The fight camp forum is for recruiting members, not attacking other fight camps. If the purpose of your topic is to belittle another camp on the site, don't post it. A little friendly rivalry is fine, but we have zero interest in hosting group e-flamewars.
21. Only one account per person, period. If you create multiple accounts they will all be deleted.
22. Don't bump threads just to point out you got a pick right.