UFC *Live+ on Spike

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC *Live+ on Spike
bojangalz
10/19/08 1:41:17PM
Was anyone else at all angered by the fact tht the UFC and Spkie TV tried to pull the wool over viewer's eyes by saying the fights were aired live? I was wondering about this last week already when they started to advertise it on Spike.

I remember thinking to myself.. "How is that going to be live?! They would have to fight at like three in the moring over there!"

If I'm not mistaken wasn't the Carwin fight supposed to be on the main card? It wasn't even aired. And you would think after editing it all down they could have fit a first round KO into the broadcast. I hated the fact that a supposedly live event had 3 minute commercial breaks during the 1 minute break between rounds. I wasn't too impressed with the amount of time I spent sitting around last night.

I know it was free TV, and I should probably quit my bitchin. But it seamed like a load of shit to me the way they played it off.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/19/08 1:54:40PM
The carwin fight was shown on the sportsnet broadcast . Also who cares if they said it was live. The hardcore fans or anyone with a brain could figure it out considering it was in england and would of been wat 5 am if it was live. Spike does this for all the free overseas fights . Im sure you can attract more casual viewers for the simple fact that they think its live ,
Solidus
10/19/08 1:59:14PM
That's the first thing I noticed when Fight Night started lol. At first it didnt bother me because I thought on the bright side we'll get to see everything, no fight will get cut off late or prematurely between rounds, and maybe we'd have a better chance of seeing some undercard. Then I realized they were using it as an opportunity to spam us with commercials forever between rounds, so forget about seeing an undercard fight

Glad I have a DVR, I got impatient and irritated so I paused it for an hour and did some work on the computer and came back to fast forward through commercials.
juanez13
10/19/08 2:05:08PM
Carwin fight was showed on the broadcast, might be mistaken but i think it was after the Lytle/Taylor fight. As far as saying it was live, most of the time they do that.
About the commercials, alot of people watch it, so companies pay good money to get their advertisements shown in between, so spike wants to squeeze as much as the can. Nothing out of the ordinary, happens with every event on spike.
Naturaldisaster
10/19/08 4:09:13PM
I hate the free ppv's on spike. The show last night was 3 hours. and in 3 hours they showed about an hours worth of fights. if it hadnt been for all the damn commercials they would have had time to show EVERY single fight.
Naturaldisaster
10/19/08 4:12:52PM

Posted by juanez13

Carwin fight was showed on the broadcast, might be mistaken but i think it was after the Lytle/Taylor fight. As far as saying it was live, most of the time they do that.
About the commercials, alot of people watch it, so companies pay good money to get their advertisements shown in between, so spike wants to squeeze as much as the can. Nothing out of the ordinary, happens with every event on spike.

they didnt show the carwin fight when i was watchin. it went from lytle/taylor to Soko/cane.

and as for the commercials, they usually dont show 5 minutes of commercials between each round, im pretty sure they usually just show commercials that last 1 minute (instead of showin the fighters in their corners)
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/19/08 4:16:06PM
Yea, I wasn't to thrilled about seeing a sneak preview of Gears of War 2 or Saw 5. Esp. since they could of shown more fights. It's all good though, we saved 45 bucks.
tomsmith17381
10/19/08 4:19:41PM
i guess we are lucky here in the u.k every event is live normally around 3am and it is allways free on setanta sports we dont pay a penny. just thought i would rub it in. you guys do get better fight cards though.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/20/08 12:13:31AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Yea, I wasn't to thrilled about seeing a sneak preview of Gears of War 2 or Saw 5. Esp. since they could of shown more fights. It's all good though, we saved 45 bucks.

im def glad i didnt have to order this as i wouldve been disappointed a lil

also, upset some people saw the carwin fight & i had to watch it the next day