UFC 93 LIVE PPV Results/Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 93 LIVE PPV Results/Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
1/17/09 9:11:03AM
First up, a reminder that because it's an International PPV, UFC 93 will air LIVE on PPV early today before repeating in the usual PPV timeslot tonight in the US. Therefore, unless you want spoilers before you watch late tonight, STOP READING THIS THREAD NOW! Also, do not post anything related to the event outside this thread (spoilers forum included, also no articles in the News Share or UFC Forum) until after 1:30 AM ET Sunday morning to avoid spoiling it for everyone else. After 1:30 AM ET (PS-that's 6:30 AM for those of you in England) it's fine, but not before then. Don't ruin it for anyone.

That being said, for those watching the live PPV and/or wishing to get spoilers or discuss the event, the results/discussions start below. Enjoy the show.
DCRage
1/17/09 9:13:12AM
We're underway!
Prelims:
Dennis Siver beat Nate Mohr by TKO (strikes) at 3:27 of round 3.
Tomasz Drwal beat Ivan Serati by TKO (strikes) at 2:02 of round 1.
Eric Schafer beat Antonio Mendes by TKO (strikes) at 3:35 of round 1.
Martin Kampmann beat Alexandre Barros by TKO (strikes) at 3:07 of round 2.
John Hathaway beat Tom Egan by TKO (strikes) at 4:36 of round 1.
PPV:
Marcus Davis beat Chris Lytle by split decision, 29-28 Davis, 29-28 Lytle, 29-28 Davis.
Alan Belcher beat Denis Kang by tapout (guillotine) at 4:36 of round 2.
Rousimar Palhares beat Jeremy Horn by unanimous decision, 3 30-27s.
Mauricio Rua beat Mark Coleman by TKO (strikes) at 4:36 of round 3.
Main Event: Dan Henderson beat Rich Franklin by split decision, 29-28 Henderson, 30-27 Franklin, 29-28 Henderson. As a result, Henderson will be the US coach on TUF 9 and face Michael Bisping at 185 after the season.
keith-hackney1
1/17/09 12:01:29PM
gonna be a great night of fights, i'm watching it live at 8pm on setanta sports here in the UK. Can i post up the live results on this page ??

DCRage
1/17/09 12:15:23PM
That's why I started the thread here and it says "LIVE", isn't it?
keith-hackney1
1/17/09 12:19:31PM

Posted by DCRage

Is it ?? i thought it said live .. As in where do you live ??
Am i allowed to post on here even though i am from England ???
Aaronno9
1/17/09 12:31:39PM
If Ace looses tonight, this day could go down as one of the worst in my life after the embarrassing performance the football team i support just put in
Wolfenstein
1/17/09 12:39:16PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by DCRage

Yeah we should all be watching it live, just different time zones. So we should all be on the same page.
Franklinfan47
1/17/09 12:43:06PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by DCRage

keith-hackney1
1/17/09 12:43:28PM
Thank you sir. A human response by a non mod member !!

I wasn't being sarcastic, though rage had to reply in a sarcastic manner.
DCRage
1/17/09 12:45:31PM
No...remember, ask silly question, get silly answer! Live of course means as it's happening.
keith-hackney1
1/17/09 12:45:45PM
I have coleman for the upset tonight.. anyone eles on here fancy his chances against shogun ???

keith-hackney1
1/17/09 12:48:49PM

Posted by DCRage

No...remember, ask silly question, get silly answer! Live of course means as it's happening.

Yes, i could see that rage, i wasn't disputing the fact that LIVE in big capital letters headlined your post. I seem to remember a huge uproar on this site about posting spoilers when ever the UFC went over seas. I was merely checking, as if i didn't, you'd probably throw the rule book at me again ...
DCRage
1/17/09 12:50:38PM
Well, that was equally to emphasize that we'd be doing it live and so people who didn't want to be spoiled would know, and all that crap...but I'm hungry so I'm not going into that right now.

FYI for live event today: It WILL be streamed live on MMAturf. They also have TWO live streams: The main one they link to on every page and another one they link to in their forums.

PS-Off topic, but it appears they also will stream Affliction next week.
Wolfenstein
1/17/09 12:51:02PM
I always give a guy with good wrestling a shot. I've never been entirley impressed with Shogun off his back either, so anything can happen. More likely though Coleman is on the receiving end of a big TKO in the second.

Hey DC, how are the streams on MMAturf.net? Are they usually just sopcast streams or a different source?
keith-hackney1
1/17/09 12:55:14PM

Posted by DCRage

Well, that was equally to emphasize that we'd be doing it live and so people who didn't want to be spoiled would know, and all that crap...but I'm hungry so I'm not going into that right now.

FYI for live event today: It WILL be streamed live on MMAturf. They also have TWO live streams: The main one they link to on every page and another one they link to in their forums.

PS-Off topic, but it appears they also will stream Affliction next week.

A simple apology would of been fine, but never mind rage, i wont cry about it !!
keith-hackney1
1/17/09 12:59:29PM
probably the outcome will be with shogun getting his hand raised.
If coleman cant pull out the upset, will the UFC bother to give him another fight ?? He's on a standard 3 fight deal isn't he. He needs to win in order to restart his career.
Franklinfan47
1/17/09 1:10:58PM
Sherdog gave the first round to Mohr, second to Siver
Franklinfan47
1/17/09 1:14:28PM
Siver wins by tko in the 3rd! Finished him with a spinning back kick and some punches. 1-0
DCRage
1/17/09 1:28:17PM
Drwal TKOs Serati in 2:02.
imanidiot777
1/17/09 1:33:08PM
Great start......I'm 0-2, at least I bet on Mohr.
mentalcase
1/17/09 1:33:39PM
are u guys watching it live right now or reading the pbp, will jutin tv play it when it starts??
DCRage
1/17/09 1:34:58PM
These are the prelims, they're not airing. Just watch it live when it starts on MMAturf (3 PM ET).
mentalcase
1/17/09 1:39:23PM
thanks

they are showing rampage vs silva 1 right now am i on the right channel
Franklinfan47
1/17/09 1:40:35PM
War Drwal! Gnabbed me 11 points so im 2-0 with 16 points so far. And yeah i'm just reading the pbp from Sherdog.
DCRage
1/17/09 1:40:49PM
Yes. They'll switch to UFC when the live feed starts, usually 15-30 minutes before the PPV. It'll be a bunch of PPV promos until it begins.

Arena reportedly is now full. Said to already be at 90% before the first fight even began. Crowd also said to be extremely hot already.
MMAcca
1/17/09 1:42:45PM
I'm hot.

2-0
MMAcca
1/17/09 1:44:05PM
-Eric Schafer vs. Antonio Mendes

R1 - Both men circle. Mendes opens with a low kick and Schafer clinches him on the fence before pulling him into half guard. Schafer reverses nicely to take top position in the half guard and looks to work Mendes' right arm. mendes turns to his side and Scha throws in shoulder butts to boos from the crowd. Schafer takes full mount with his right arm behiind Mendes' head. He postures up with Mendes' neck up on the fence and throws some punches, exciting the crowd. Mendes is defending desperately, keeping his head close to Schafer. He begins trying to turn away, with his legs flat on the mat and eats a number of short punches with no defense. Finally the referee stops the fight at 3:35 of Rd 1 by TKO (strikes).

3-0 WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Hit my parlay already

PS: Good evening everyone
mentalcase
1/17/09 1:46:33PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

War Drwal! Gnabbed me 11 points so im 2-0 with 16 points so far. And yeah i'm just reading the pbp from Sherdog.

16 points for me aswell
Franklinfan47
1/17/09 1:47:45PM
3-0 with 23 points!
MMAcca
1/17/09 1:49:57PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

3-0 with 23 points!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10