LIVE conference call coverage...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » LIVE conference call coverage...
emfleek
9/2/08 3:11:15PM
CLICK HERE FOR UFC CONFERENCE CALL COVERAGE!

(maybe not...I'm getting an error message now)

Sorry.
emfleek
9/2/08 3:17:30PM

3:12 pm ET — The UFC has announced that due to a “scheduling conflict” the media conference call has been postponed until 4pm ET.
Twenty20Dollars
9/2/08 3:40:10PM
why i am not suprised that it is moved back.
ohiostate1016
9/2/08 4:14:53PM
4:12pm ET — Dana White has announced that UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture will take on Brock Lesnar at UFC 91 on November 15th in Las Vegas.
rabbit915
9/2/08 4:19:37PM
Im too lazy to actually follow it live. Any word on the title situation? Will Randy be stripped of the title? Will both Mir/Noguiera and Lesnar/Couture be for titles?
emfleek
9/2/08 4:20:18PM
4:12pm ET — Dana White has announced that UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture will take on Brock Lesnar at UFC 91 on November 15th in Las Vegas. Both Couture and Lesnar are on the call.

4:13pm ET — Win or lose, Couture will remain in the UFC.

4:13pm ET — The UFC will do “everything in their power” to get Couture vs. Emelianenko booked, but says they must work it out with Affliction.

4:15pm ET — The fight will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, not in Portland, Oregon as expected.

4:17pm ET — Nogueira and Mir will still fight at UFC 92 for the interim heavyweight title then the winners of both bouts will unify the titles in early-2009.
jiujitsufreak74
9/2/08 4:26:01PM
this is actually perfect. now the HW title picture is set up and organized, and it turns out the UFC is having its own form of a HW Grand Prix lol
emfleek
9/2/08 4:29:43PM
According to Dana, this will be the biggest fight in UFC history.

I compleeeeeeeetely disagree.
cowcatcher
9/2/08 4:40:33PM

Posted by emfleek

According to Dana, this will be the biggest fight in UFC history.

I compleeeeeeeetely disagree.

in terms of ppv buys it might turn out to be.....just saying
emfleek
9/2/08 4:42:54PM

Posted by cowcatcher

in terms of ppv buys it might turn out to be.....just saying

If that's the case, Dana and I differ in our definition of "biggest fight ever". Biggest cash cow ever? Probably. Biggest fight ever? No f'ing way.
cowcatcher
9/2/08 4:45:52PM
its really tough to pick a biggest fight ever because to the ufc as a business its about the buys, and a fight like this draws in a ton of casual fans who dont think like those of us that follow the sport closely. so as a die hard fan, i completely agree with you, but the buzz this one will create on espn and other news outlets that dont normally cover mma is going to be huge, so i can see why dana would say that.
emfleek
9/2/08 4:50:21PM
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I just think it's unfortunate that Dana has to overhype the fight like this rather than just being one of "us".

I know...it's all business. That doesn't mean I have to like it, though.