Little Nog to debut at UFC 105, no plans of fighting Machida

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Little Nog to debut at UFC 105, no plans of fighting Machida
BrutalKnockOut
9/3/09 12:33:48PM
Little Nog to debut at UFC 105, no plans of fighting Machida

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is set to debut at UFC 105, but don't expect him to fight Lyoto Machida in the future.
1daveufc
9/3/09 1:14:37PM
Hope so cause am gan try get a ticket am not to sure who he cud fight
Bowen50
9/3/09 1:16:27PM
Jon Jones anyone?
1daveufc
9/3/09 1:23:36PM

Posted by Bowen50

Jon Jones anyone?

Yes jones wud defo give him a hard fight in his debut.The only others that cud fight him wud be Luis Cane or Forrest may be thiago silva cause he never got going against jardine.
pv3Hpv3p
9/3/09 1:51:57PM

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by Bowen50

Jon Jones anyone?

Yes jones wud defo give him a hard fight in his debut.The only others that cud fight him wud be Luis Cane or Forrest may be thiago silva cause he never got going against jardine.

Still a little early to give Jones that big of a fight, IMO... The kids a solid prospect and should be brought up slowly... I'd rather see him (Jones) fight Sozsynski or the winner of Stann / Cantwell...

Lil Nog... I guess I'd like to see him fight Vera or Hammil to start his UFC career... Excited to see that they signed him!

EDIT: and I guess I'd like to see a Thiago v Cane fight sooner than later
Rabi
9/3/09 1:52:39PM
Im going to this event. Im glad he will be on the card.
finnish_line
9/3/09 2:11:05PM

The UFC shouldn't sign anyone who would refuse to fight the current champion of their weight division.

It should be Dana's first question.
TimW001
9/3/09 2:35:33PM
Awesome! I've been waiting for this for a while.

Thaigo Silva vs Luiz Cane
Lil Nog vs Brandon Vera?
seanfu
9/3/09 2:39:27PM

Posted by finnish_line

The UFC shouldn't sign anyone who would refuse to fight the current champion of their weight division.

Yeah, I mean, if you had the option to sign one of the only 2 top fighters you didn't have for your light heavyweight division you should definantly drop him for not wanting to fight his team mate. Good point!
Mayhem13
9/3/09 2:51:40PM
Thiago and Cane train together now at ATT..I don't know if they'd fight each other or not.

finnish_line
9/3/09 2:52:15PM

So if Machida goes undefeated for the next three years as champion, Lil' Nog just won't fight for the title regardless of how successful he may be.

Okay.
Wolf
9/3/09 3:45:17PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by finnish_line

Yeah, I mean, if you had the option to sign one of the only 2 top fighters you didn't have for your light heavyweight division you should definantly drop him for not wanting to fight his team mate. Good point!

It is a good point. The LHW division is stacked as hell. They don't NEED everyone. If you're going to sign someone that good who won't fight the champ all he's going to do is knock off contenders. That's very BAD for the division in the long run.
1daveufc
9/3/09 4:01:06PM

Posted by Wolf

Posted by seanfu

Posted by finnish_line

It is a good point. The LHW division is stacked as hell. They don't NEED everyone. If you're going to sign someone that good who won't fight the champ all he's going to do is knock off contenders. That's very BAD for the division in the long run.

Thats what anderson silva is doing by the looks of it then if you put it that way.
prozacnation1978
9/3/09 4:15:59PM
my guess is thiago silva

or they could have dan henderson fight him in main event,

then have nate fight silva

luis cane is another name, i'll be curious who he fights but looks like main card could be full

wilks vs brown
bisping vs kang
lil nog vs
marcus davis vs
hardy vs kim
Wolf
9/3/09 4:47:16PM

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by Wolf

Posted by seanfu

Posted by finnish_line

Thats what anderson silva is doing by the looks of it then if you put it that way.

exactly. that's why dana said he'll have anderson fight for the title. I'm not sure he can make him do it, but I'd bet if he can't you won't see to many more fights at LHW for anderson.
cDUBB
9/3/09 4:55:03PM
I think Thiago Silva would be a good fight, especially if it's a main event of a free card on Spike. I doubt it would happen, but a Noguiera VS Anderson Silva would be cool too.
Khaos
9/3/09 9:18:11PM
I think they should make him fight Luiz Cane for the opening bout or somethings, that'd be an interesting match in my opinion.
Nightmare27
9/4/09 12:03:44AM

Posted by cDUBB

I think Thiago Silva would be a good fight, especially if it's a main event of a free card on Spike. I doubt it would happen, but a Noguiera VS Anderson Silva would be cool too.

Anderson is a black belt under the Nog brothers. If he wont fight his training partner surely he wouldnt ever fight his student either.
1daveufc
9/4/09 3:26:26AM

Posted by Nightmare27

Posted by cDUBB

Anderson is a black belt under the Nog brothers. If he wont fight his training partner surely he wouldnt ever fight his student either.

Anderson fight little nog please he never going to fight him he says he not going to fight Machida.little nog wud not fight neither of them Machida has not said he wud not fight them.But if he will not fight them either and all 3 keep winning and there is no one left for them to fight we have a stail mate.So what happens then?If that is the case as much as i like Machida al be wanting shogun to do the damage at 104.WAR SHOGUN