Little Nog v Dan Hendo rematch for UFC 105

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Little Nog v Dan Hendo rematch for UFC 105
Aleks_Smash
9/8/09 2:22:22PM
original source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2627799/Little-Nog-v-Dan-for-UFC-105.html

"ANTONIO ROGERIO NOGUEIRA is in line to make his Octagon debut against Dan Henderson at UFC 105, SunSport understands.

According to sources close to the fighter, 'Little Nog' — the twin brother of UFC heavyweight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira — is set to sign a four-fight deal with Dana White's MMA promotion.

And he will be offered a light-heavyweight fight against ex-Pride superstar Dan Henderson in a bout which would top the bill in Manchester.

However, should Nogueira or Henderson turn the fight down, we understand welterweight legend Matt Hughes is being considered as an alternative big name to appear at the MEN Arena on November 14.

It is rumoured Hughes — who recently signed a new four-fight deal — could be handed a shot against highly-rated Mike Swick.

Top 170lb contender Swick was forced out of his UFC 103 fight against Martin Kampann earlier this week through injury but would be ready to fight in England if required.

UFC 105 will feature 10 British fighters on the card — including Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy.

The Count will take on Denis Siver in the co-main event, while The Outlaw faces Kim Dong-Hyun.

Tickets for the event are priced at £250, £150, £100, £85, £65 and £40 and go on general sale on Monday."

Nightmare27
9/8/09 2:33:10PM
I hope that they meant The Count vs Denis Kang and not Denis Siver. That would be a decent main event either way.
NatedawgThaM
9/8/09 4:13:38PM
That would be a hell of a fight! I mean by casual UFC fan terms, thats not really a huge main event seller, but still thats another sick fight! They should still put Swick/Hughes on too, then you have yourself a real good card with some pretty solid fights. Would love to see if Hughes can even keep in the top 10! Definitely would be interesting and exciting to see!
Ordep
9/8/09 4:24:37PM
205??

I'm not very happy about this since I want Hedno to stay at 185 and hopefully take another shot at Silva.
sclasclemski
9/8/09 4:47:50PM
If this is true...then that most likely means Dan turned down a fight with Nate Marquardt...that seems pretty stupid to me...he said if he can't get an immediate shot at Silva then he wants to take a run at the LHW belt...well that means a couple non-title fights at least before he gets a shot...so either way he is at least one fight removed from a title shot...why not just fight Marquardt...is he afraid of Nate?...Why should he care if they run out of opponents for Anderson...does that mean he thinks he's gonna lose to either of them...this just is stupid.
Hendo67
9/8/09 5:26:39PM

Posted by sclasclemski

If this is true...then that most likely means Dan turned down a fight with Nate Marquardt...that seems pretty stupid to me...he said if he can't get an immediate shot at Silva then he wants to take a run at the LHW belt...well that means a couple non-title fights at least before he gets a shot...so either way he is at least one fight removed from a title shot...why not just fight Marquardt...is he afraid of Nate?...Why should he care if they run out of opponents for Anderson...does that mean he thinks he's gonna lose to either of them...this just is stupid.

I don't think Hendo is afraid of anyone, the guy is tough as nails.
sclasclemski
9/8/09 5:32:18PM
Fair enough...I can't argue that...I just don't get his line of thinking...maybe its just he doesn't want to cut to 185 anymore...I don't know I"m just trying to figure it out since to me I don't get why he wouldn't just take one fight with a win get a guarenteed title shot, instead of going into the LHW division where he is at the very least two wins off...and they need to be against top guys...maybe a rampage rematch or shogun...it just seems to be the harder road to a title is all I"m saying...not trying to talk Dan down at all.
cowcatcher
9/8/09 5:39:05PM
it is the harder road to a title shot at 205 for sure, but maybe hes annoyed with anderson hopping around weight classes and figures he can fight more regularly at lhw and get the title shot in less time on the calendar, although id have a tough time buying that.
mkiv9secsupra
9/8/09 7:58:13PM

Posted by sclasclemski

If this is true...then that most likely means Dan turned down a fight with Nate Marquardt...

there's always the possiblity Nate is the one who turned down the potential matchup(assuming the fight was even offered)
IriShame
9/8/09 8:28:44PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by sclasclemski

If this is true...then that most likely means Dan turned down a fight with Nate Marquardt...

there's always the possiblity Nate is the one who turned down the potential matchup(assuming the fight was even offered)

Hendo is quoted as saying he has no interest in fighting anybody at 185 except Silva. Without the immediate title shot he has made no secret of his intentions to go back to 205. Apparently he likes the challenge of fighting bigger guys as well as not having to cut weight. So in short, I doubt it was Nate.
prozacnation1978
9/8/09 8:29:53PM
if dan loses he might lose the title match now this is interesting say dan wins
then what?? with rampage out and no other contenders at light heavy they could offer dan a title shot at 205 vs machida/shogun winner while nate gets rematch with silva!!!

problems solved!!!!!!!!!!!
joe silva i wantr your job!!!!!!!!!!!
sclasclemski
9/8/09 8:46:29PM
I could see them setting Thiago Silva up for a rematch...or where has Luis Cane been?
Mayhem13
9/8/09 10:42:43PM
I could see Franklin getting next shot if he beats Vitor...alhough not 100% sure if he would deserve it yet.

with his luck, he would get the title...and his first defense would be against Anderson...
cowcatcher
9/9/09 9:26:22AM

Posted by Mayhem13

I could see Franklin getting next shot if he beats Vitor...alhough not 100% sure if he would deserve it yet.

with his luck, he would get the title...and his first defense would be against Anderson...

hilarious
higdon10
9/9/09 4:32:25PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I could see Franklin getting next shot if he beats Vitor

I think that is a real possibility.
EvenFlow
9/9/09 5:14:41PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I highly doubt he'd get it for the reason you gave.

Rampage vs Rashad will decide it in all seriousness with Rampage probably getting his rematch with Shogun or finally a fight with Machida. The one situation I can happening well for Rich is if Shogun beats Machida then maybe Rich gets consideration and thats a big maybe. Even if he gets past Vitor somehow I'd hardly say thats deserving and I think you'd agree because thats 2 wins at 195 not 205 where hes 1-1 (not counting his early career). I dont see Rich ever holding UFC gold again, way too stacked and honestly I dont think he has the skill to deal with the best in the that division. I wouldnt see him holding the 195 belt if there was one because of a few fighters who I believe would drop down from 205 or a certain champ at 185.