Little Men Going Wild

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Little Men Going Wild
mrkennedy
6/2/08 12:07:16AM
(IMO)torres vs maeda was a candidate for fight of the year

give me your thoughts
Jackelope
6/2/08 12:09:13AM
Absolutely. Too bad the stoppage had to happen the way it did. Rematch!!!
holt8081
6/2/08 12:12:44AM
ya that was a bad ass fight but you had to stop the fight he only had one eye left.
DiabloFreak56
6/2/08 12:19:53AM
great fight. torres is insanely fast and accurate
holt8081
6/2/08 12:34:48AM
ya really 34-1 is crazy
Raykill
6/2/08 12:35:05AM
FREEEKING AAAAAWESOOOOME.
OH AND DID I SAY I LIKED THE FIGHT?
Jackelope
6/2/08 12:36:53AM

Posted by holt8081

ya that was a bad ass fight but you had to stop the fight he only had one eye left.

Oh absolutely. I don't disagree with the stoppage at all. Matter of fact I told my buddy right before the round ended that they need to stop the fight. Sure enough they did. I 100% agree with the stoppage.

It's just too bad the fight had to get stopped instead of being able to see those guys take it to a finish. Sad to see a guy put forth so much effort in such an upset scenario only to take a couple bad shots in the wrong place and get the fight stopped.
wolfman
6/2/08 12:43:00AM

Posted by mrkennedy

give me your thoughts

My thoughts exactly, once that fight was halfway through the first you could just tell it was going to be a FOTY candidate! Awesome warrior spirit by both fighters!!! Awesome Avatar btw(Robbie is a badass!), did gspfan make that or grappler0000? Sorry, went off topic....
Twenty20Dollars
6/2/08 12:52:32AM
Anyone else think torres was alittle more wreckless in this fight, i mean i dont have anything wrong with that but it could have cost him. But it did make for an exciting fight.

Both guys brought a solid preformance.
juanez13
6/2/08 6:52:22AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Anyone else think torres was alittle more wreckless in this fight, i mean i dont have anything wrong with that but it could have cost him. But it did make for an exciting fight.

Both guys brought a solid preformance.

seemed like he was mad when he was fighting at times...so yea i saw a bit of it, but i didnt think it affect him much...

i also thought it was over when Torres had that choke, Looked tight...but i think he gave it up for the mount just as the round was ending. you could tell also how much maeda's left eye was affecting him, torres kept landing the left jab and hook, looked like he didnt see them coming, cant argue with the stoppage, by the end of the round the eye was completely shut.

Great Fight.
mrkennedy
6/2/08 11:19:27AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by mrkennedy

give me your thoughts

My thoughts exactly, once that fight was halfway through the first you could just tell it was going to be a FOTY candidate! Awesome warrior spirit by both fighters!!! Awesome Avatar btw(Robbie is a badass!), did gspfan make that or grappler0000? Sorry, went off topic....

gspfan make this one
skinnator
6/2/08 11:41:10AM
Yes it was awesome

Good thread
loonytnt
6/3/08 4:50:19PM
good fight i cant wait till he fights manny, i think manny will be a hard fight for him